Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so excited! I have an appointment Monday with my bank to take out a home equity loan for my future plastics. Interest rates are around 5% now which is so much lower than the medical loans I've seen. How did you finance your plastics? I think my equity is only going to be about 20k, so I may have to supplement with other sources of funding. I have CareCredit up to 13K (I believe), but once the deferment period is over, the interest rate is crazy high.

Going to see what my house appraises at and take out the equity loan and sit on it until November when I start the cosmetic journey.

Edited by mousecat88

Update: Oh yeah. CareCredit interest is 26% after deferment or 14% if you don't take a deferment. YIKES ON BIKES.

2 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Update: Oh yeah. CareCredit interest is 26% after deferment or 14% if you don't take a deferment. YIKES ON BIKES.

Definitely go with the Heloc! Maybe I will follow you. I need a lot, breasts, face, stomach lol

Best of luck!

33 minutes ago, gabybab said:

Definitely go with the Heloc! Maybe I will follow you. I need a lot, breasts, face, stomach lol

Best of luck!

I want my arms, tummy, butt, and inner thighs. Arms are the priority though, and insurance MAY pay for my stomach.

I spaced out the procedures. Breast bum tummy and outer thighs then arms next inner thighs. Time off work will be close to 9 weeks I saved - set aside bonuses and tax refunds... not ruling out some face work but let me get years past the inner thigh lift. It has such a high complication rate it is frightening. Best to you.

Insurance pays for tummy if you have rashes, but by 18 months out (when they would pay), I imagine my stomach will be pretty much flat, but I want a Tummy Tuck anyways to get a bit more tightness. It may be a mini tummy tuck.

I don't know much about the inner thigh work. I never hear much about people having that done. My "plan" is brachioplasty in November, tummy tuck May 2020, and then butt/legs December 2020.

My insurance said they only cover a panniculectomy and it doesn’t tighten the tummy muscles only remove excess skin and since it’s the only one not considered cosmetic it’s the only tummy one most insurance company cover , if you don’t mind saying, what company do you use for insurance? I would love to get some that covers cosmetic surgery or tummy tucks! Thanks

Sounds like a good plan. I'm a year away from considering plastics and I'm scared to even think about how expensive they might be. I'm mostly interested in a breast lift, maybe with implants.

Hot Mama - you can pay the difference from a pan to include muscle tightening It may add only a bit more. I do not know inbsurance that covers cosmetics. Rashes turn it into medically necessary

MouseCat sounds like your procedures are about same. I did bum and tummy together with breasts. My PS will not do legs with bum and tummy as the skin pulls in opposite directions. I had a consult with a PS that would do legs bum and tummy in one an breasts and arms as another and the.work was great

My insurance said they only cover a panniculectomy and it doesn’t tighten the tummy muscles only remove excess skin and since it’s the only one not considered cosmetic it’s the only tummy one most insurance company cover , if you don’t mind saying, what company do you use for insurance? I would love to get some that covers cosmetic surgery or tummy tucks! Thanks
I have Highmark BCBS. They pay for a Tummy Tuck if you have in your notes you are getting rashes from loose skin. I don't need the muscle tightening.

I have an appointment tomorrow to sign my initial docs for the equity loan and the appraiser will be out in 2 weeks or so. I called my plastic surgeon and I'm going to schedule a consult for the end of August for a brachioplasty for November, and a complete lower body lift next Spring. I don't think I'm even going to bother with insurance.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

MouseCat sounds like your procedures are about same. I did bum and tummy together with breasts. My PS will not do legs with bum and tummy as the skin pulls in opposite directions. I had a consult with a PS that would do legs bum and tummy in one an breasts and arms as another and the.work was great
A total lower body lift does butt, tummy, legs, and hips all at the same time. I'm shooting for that in 2020. Consult in August...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

My appraisal came in today and I got a $40,000 line of credit to use towards plastic surgery!! The line of credit is open for 10 years and is at market rate interest, but currently just 5%!! I AM SO EXCITEEEDDDD. I have moneyyyy!! lmao.