Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest things you are looking forward to after surgery

Ok, so, it is super weird to quote myself [emoji12]- but I thought I'd update this since it has now been three months since my surgery.
1.Blending in a crowd- Check! I no longer stand out so much and feel so awkward.
2.Gardening/ Breathing- Check! Just finished getting the garden winter ready wthout any trouble at all.
3.Feeling like I am taking back some control over my own body- Check(ish)! This is sooo much better already, but I realize this will always be a lifelong process for me....
4.Being able to help someone down the road- Check! My friend is consulting for WLS now and, while I am hardly any kind of expert(!), it feels good to share my own personal insights with her.
5.Breaking up with CPAP- Almost there... turned the pressure way down, Doctor expects me to be done in a few months. (Whoo hoo!)
6.Never making a goals list based on weight, well, that sucker is a done deal too. [emoji4] I still make those goal lists, they are just not weight based quite so much.
I hope those of you who are still pre surgery and dreaming about that fabled someday goal see that, like myself, what once seemed like "pipe dream" type goals really ARE coming your way. Some of them faster than you would have ever believed.
Dream big! [emoji170]
🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡[emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji8]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay so now that I’m 7 months PO, I’m about 10-15 pounds from goal weight and it’s amazing to me that I’m not the fat chick anymore. From here on out, anyone I meet will never know the old me and will never realize that once I was MO for over 20 years.

I know this never made my original list of things I was looking forward to, but it’s one of the things I love most now.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, Ti11y said:

Wearing my wedding ring...it no longer fits.

Relaxing in my soaking tub with the Water up to my chin.

Yes! I have a beautiful ring I can’t wait to wear!!!

Omg yes!! I am back in my wedding ring and it actually spins around it’s so loose! Such a great feeling bc I have t been able to wear it in years!!
I am 15 mos out

2 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Omg yes!! I am back in my wedding ring and it actually spins around it’s so loose! Such a great feeling bc I have t been able to wear it in years!!
I am 15 mos out

yay!! 😃well done ! Mine are all slipping round now too . One actually fell off my finger and I’d lost it . I’m a month post op .

11 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so now that I’m 7 months PO, I’m about 10-15 pounds from goal weight and it’s amazing to me that I’m not the fat chick anymore. From here on out, anyone I meet will never know the old me and will never realize that once I was MO for over 20 years.

I know this never made my original list of things I was looking forward to, but it’s one of the things I love most now.

So pleased for you , Well done x

Hey Guys I have read all the things you look forward to and here is my list;

to be able to see my everything looking down

for the people I know who have judged or half looked at me see the brand new Bod

for the men that I don't know to see me and actually look twice

to be able to just cross my legs

to not sweat to get dressed

I love dressing and I do pretty good as a plus woman so I cant wait to rock the small sizes

and I know this seems kinda off but I look forward to meeting someone whom I could share the rest of my life with

I want to be held and loved and love myself at the same time.

looking in that store window as I pass will no longer be a nightmare but a smile;;;

On 09/20/2019 at 5:50 PM ,november11 said:

Hey Guys I have read all the things you look forward to and here is my list;

to be able to see my everything looking down

for the people I know who have judged or half looked at me see the brand new Bod

for the men that I don't know to see me and actually look twice

to be able to just cross my legs

to not sweat to get dressed

I love dressing and I do pretty good as a plus woman so I cant wait to rock the small sizes

and I know this seems kinda off but I look forward to meeting someone whom I could share the rest of my life with

I want to be held and loved and love myself at the same time.

looking in that store window as I pass will no longer be a nightmare but a smile;;;

The last 2 items on your list are the mostest for me- to walk by store Windows or mirrors and not cringe
And I believe everyone deserved to be loved and loved back in return. To be accepted for yourself, not for how you look, not just for arm candy or a status symbol, but but for the innate wonderful and good person you are and to be treated as fine as you always deserved to be.
Well here I go philosophizing, we "lived long enough to experience a lot of life: type people DO. I once said that we try so hard to insure those we love escape the things that hurt us once and by doing that maybe we cut them off from experiencing and surmounting challenges. Life doesn't come with an,owners manual, we come into life crying but now we all are trying to not exist and die that way.

I actually went to the Mall yesterday afternoon. I saw a pair of snake skinned patterned jeans & took a picture of them. I'm thinking by my birthday in April I may be rocking a pair of those jeans. If not, i'll be damn close!

Yesterday, I got to do one of the things that I was looking forward to. It was trying on clothes in a normal sized store and beginning not to feel like a failure in my own body. For me it was a huge step out of my comfort zone, but Im glad that I did it. I never knew that the stretch pants were so comfy. I totally missed this trend and have been living in cargos for the past twenty years. I just wish that I could get ahold of tall women's sizes here in Europe. But I'll still be happy just to be able to wear men's chinos to work. (Anything but jeans is a no-no where I work.)

I changed placements at work (I’m a special education teacher who is contracted out to work in hospitals, private schools, specialized programs, etc) so it’s been odd to meet all these new people that never knew me when I was big. They must just think this is what I look like. It’s strange to think that

6 minutes ago, NYJenn said:

I changed placements at work (I’m a special education teacher who is contracted out to work in hospitals, private schools, specialized programs, etc) so it’s been odd to meet all these new people that never knew me when I was big. They must just think this is what I look like. It’s strange to think that

Wow! How cool, right? It's like reinventing yourself with a proverbial "clean" slate. Nothing that could potentially bias. :) Good for you!!! And wow, what a vocation! TY for all you do!

I took a walk through Macy and Nordstrom last Friday. I saw many things I will look forward to wearing or even just trying on! I look forward to not getting the look, comments and service that I got from the 2 "girls" at the Christian Dior make up counter. (I wear the CD lipstick).

On 9/22/2019 at 12:13 AM, ypease said:

I actually went to the Mall yesterday afternoon. I saw a pair of snake skinned patterned jeans & took a picture of them. I'm thinking by my birthday in April I may be rocking a pair of those jeans. If not, i'll be damn close!

You’d better get em now. Once you can fit into them you may not find them. Get them in the size you WANT to be and they can be your “goal jeans”.