Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest things you are looking forward to after surgery

3 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

One Vote for----" You're Cool Already!" Alas I am neither an Interviewer nor an Employer, too often they look at the 🐢Outer Shell not the Good Things you contain inside. And BABY they are the 👎LOSERS for such an attitude! The Best Person😛 for a job may not be built like a👗 Stick Figure.

Very true haha..but I have never felt confident in my own skin during job interviews while so big..but soon though hehe..

2 hours ago, Claudine J. said:

To apply for a new job and feel confident and not think I won’t get the job, because I am too fat!

I can relate to that. I spent a year and a half looking for a job and I got nothing. Even though I was right for the position I was turned down every time. It is frustrating!

On 08/10/2019 at 21:19, Lynda486 said:

I can relate to that. I spent a year and a half looking for a job and I got nothing. Even though I was right for the position I was turned down every time. It is frustrating!

Same here, exactly the same actually and so sick of it! I have had a job for 10 years and just can’t leave..but soon I hope. All the best to you with your job search as well!

And Please Update Us When Things Turn Around, Okay?

I'm more excited about clothing. Just the thought of having the option of something besides plain t shirts and pants when and if I want to. I just started going to the gym and I cannot find gym clothes in my size. The thought of losing enough weight to wear gym clothes of all things is strangely inspiring to me.

1) To feel more comfortable in my skin!

2) Fit in more professional clothes. Sounds strange, but I hate clothes shopping. It's expensive to find cute plus sizes

3), Wear high heels and not feel like a weeble wooble

4) Shave legs much easier

5) To not feel like the fat mom at my kid's school/sports/church/etc. activities

6) Cross my legs!

7) Learn how to ride a motorcycle comfortably

On 8/23/2019 at 11:24 PM, cajunredpanda said:

I'm more excited about clothing. Just the thought of having the option of something besides plain t shirts and pants when and if I want to. I just started going to the gym and I cannot find gym clothes in my size. The thought of losing enough weight to wear gym clothes of all things is strangely inspiring to me.

I totally agree on the clothing! My boss fusses at me once in a blue moon about dressing more professional since I try and get away with the most comfortable clothes possible. Usually jeans and a semi dress top. I am looking forward to being able to shop for cute, professional dress clothes without paying an arm and a leg.

Polishing my toes! Between my belly and needing reading glasses, I do a terrible job!

I could save money on pedicures...well, I would still want the pedicures because I love them.

1. To weigh less than my hubby.

2. Hopefully this will help my back (not all issues in mine are weight related) Kind of worried right now though because even 25 lbs lighter after over a year of maintaining the pain for the past week it has been worse than it was 1-2 years ago.

3. To not excessively sweat.

4. To not have to pay so much more just to have cute clothes.

5. To look amazing at my son's graduation from pilot training.

6. To be healthy, be able to be active without "dying"

7. Hoping that losing weight and getting healthy will help with my depression-be a happier person.

I know there are more and none of these are really weird, but I am blanking on other things right now

And a 1 year after update for you all. I went from not being able to cross my legs, to cross in the shape of a figure 4, well last night I crossed them and I almost make a Roman Numeral I, I used to envy my late father-in- law, a tall thin normal- proportioned Dutchman, cause He Could and I Never Could, well today I CAN and. even wrap one foot around behind the other like I've seen Fox News Ladies do, so their undies aren't in view. Whooee, Yippee Yahoo, I'm almost NORMAL & AVERAGE in appearance, Another NSV that I never planned for, they just keep coming and I 💕each and every new thing about ME I FIND!👈😛👉

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

And a 1 year after update for you all. I went from not being able to cross my legs, to cross in the shape of a figure 4, well last night I crossed them and I almost make a Roman Numeral I, I used to envy my late father-in- law, a tall thin normal- proportioned Dutchman, cause He Could and I Never Could, well today I CAN and. even wrap one foot around behind the other like I've seen Fox News Ladies do, so their undies aren't in view. Whooee, Yippee Yahoo, I'm almost NORMAL & AVERAGE in appearance, Another NSV that I never planned for, they just keep coming and I 💕each and every new thing about ME I FIND!👈😛👉

So happy for you frustr8 😀 well done !

On 8/10/2019 at 2:09 PM, Claudine J. said:

Very true haha..but I have never felt confident in my own skin during job interviews while so big..but soon though hehe..

Here is the list I made preop, my weight loss bucket list as it is:
1. cross my legs - check! I love crossing my legs now and do it all the time!
2. sneeze without peeing - condition has improved greatly
3. rock climbing - haven't tried yet, kinda forgot it was on my list
4. run a 5k - currently training and looking for a race
5. be comfortable wearing shorts and not just capris in summer - check! I never used to wear shorts, but now I have 3 in my new size and only one pair of capris
6. buy a swimsuit that doesn't have a skirt - check!
7. waterski again - gotta get to the lake this summer to knock this one off
7. Sex. More energy for it, more fun positions to try - DOUBLE CHECK!
Some bonus things: I like being able to pop myself up to sit on counters, I can sit on the floor without hurting my hips, I can buy a much bigger variety of shoes because I no longer need wide widths. Unfortunately I'll need to replace all my wide calf boots because they look ridiculous on me now.

Clipping my toenails and breathing at the same time 🤣 Which I can actually do now!

On 5/16/2019 at 3:37 PM, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Great question! :)

Things I am looking forward to:

- Blending in a crowd. (Being a major,major introvert, I HATE being the BIG GIRL standing out all the time.)

- Gardening and breathing, all at the same time.

- Feeling like I have taken back some control over my own body. Making peace with it. Knowing it will always be a work in progress, even a struggle, but something that I CAN now do.

- Being in a position sometime down the road to "pay it forward" by helping someone else dealing with their weight issues.

- Breaking up with my CPAP machine.

- Never having to make a list of joys/goals that is based on how my current weight affects those things I want to do, Ever,ever again. :) LOL!

Ok, so, it is super weird to quote myself 😜- but I thought I'd update this since it has now been three months since my surgery.

1.Blending in a crowd- Check! I no longer stand out so much and feel so awkward.

2.Gardening/ Breathing- Check! Just finished getting the garden winter ready wthout any trouble at all.

3.Feeling like I am taking back some control over my own body- Check(ish)! This is sooo much better already, but I realize this will always be a lifelong process for me....

4.Being able to help someone down the road- Check! My friend is consulting for WLS now and, while I am hardly any kind of expert(!), it feels good to share my own personal insights with her.

5.Breaking up with CPAP- Almost there... turned the pressure way down, Doctor expects me to be done in a few months. (Whoo hoo!)

6.Never making a goals list based on weight, well, that sucker is a done deal too. :) I still make those goal lists, they are just not weight based quite so much.

I hope those of you who are still pre surgery and dreaming about that fabled someday goal see that, like myself, what once seemed like "pipe dream" type goals really ARE coming your way. Some of them faster than you would have ever believed.

Dream big! 💙