Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest things you are looking forward to after surgery

Here's my list:

1. Buying clothes I actually like and develop my own style instead of just buying what fits.

2. Stop asking for a seat belt extender on a plane.

3. Go on rides to amusement parks again.

4. Go skydiving, play sports, and even go walking without running out of breathe.

5. Stop having to push the table at a booth forward for more room.

6. sleep without a CPAP machine.

7. Comfortably fit into the desks at school.

8. Lose my fear of sitting on plastic and metal foldable chairs.

9. Have more shoes! Its almost impossible for me to find sneakers or any other type of shoe.

10. Not sure if this one will ever change but I want my bf's family to stop judging me based off my looks. I hope they finally see that I'm good enough for him :( This also applies to my coworkers and future job interviews.

11. Feel confident walking into a room full of people.

12. Get married! My bf wants to get married and has tried to casually ask me about my expectations on my dream proposal. We've been together for a while now but I told him I cant picture myself getting proposed to or even having a wedding while I'm huge. I want to be able to
fit into an engagement ring.

13. Like taking pictures. I hate it now and avoid photos constantly

14. Stop avoiding mirrors.

15. Idk if anyone can relate to this one but I want to be that friend that other friends call to go out for a night drinking with. The kind of night where you get dressed up and just have a good time as girls. I have a nice group of friends but I don't get invited much to those kinds of nights because of my weight. I don't blame them. I feel so unfeminine and the feeling is written all over me. I want to be able to go shopping with friends and do girly things with them without having to feel like the fat friend that no one asks advice from on whether something looks cute or not.

16. TO LIVE A LONG AND HEALTHY LIFE!

20 minutes ago, jennifer47 said:

I thought I was the only one!! Who wore sz 2x graphic tees!

No girl it's my everyday. I'm just so happy I work for a company that allows casual dress.

I am not sure if these are weird.....

I just want to feel good again

I want to fit into the smaller clothes I have been hanging onto for years!

I want to feel like no one is staring at my fatness

I want to be pain free (my joints are a mess)

I want to be able to go farther on the Tandem bike my hubby just bought.

I want to be able to garden pain free

I want to be able to keep up with everyone

And Mosest of All, You want to Live and live so much better then BEFORE, right? I know that's what I and many others hope for and are working towards😅😀😝😄

Great topic! I agree with so many on this thread, and it inspired me to write down a massive list of NSV's and goals of my own! Here's a few I haven't seen mentioned yet:

• Running faster than my 4 year old, and actually being able to play tag and chase with him
  • Wearing my original wedding ring again (hubby bought me a new one for our 5 year anniversary, but it's now been 7 years since I've worn my actual wedding ring)
  • Enjoying yoga again without having my extra rolls inhibit my movement/poses
  • Normal boots fitting my calfs
  • Keeping up with whoever I'm hiking with- not always dragging behind and either losing the group or people waiting ages for me
  • Seeing my cheekbones again (I just make it look like I have cheekbones with makeup contouring right now...🙄😂)
  • Ride behind my husband on his motorcycle
  • Dancing with my 2 year old until we're both done (instead of getting too out of breathe from dancing and holding him after one song)

Edited by DianaP

I’m only in week 7 but today I noticed I crossed my legs for the first time in years. And it was surprisingly comfortable. Didn’t really think of that as something I wanted to do until today.

After reading your post, I dug through my closet and found my wedding dress. My husband and I escaped to Maui to get married in 1997. We have both been married before, and both wanted to do it up "right" this time. We told no one, except my 3 sons who love their step daddy to death. So, we fled to the islands for a weddimoon. I want to fit into my wedding dress and renew our vows in the Tropical Gardens on Maui, on May 2, 2022. Our 25th anniversary.

I also found the one piece swim suit I wore when we were there as well. I would like to fit in it and go snorkeling and diving, just like in 1997. I'm glad I hung onto my beautiful dress now. So many times I have looked at it just hanging there and thinking "why do I keep that! I'll never get back into it." Now, I'm thrilled I did. Thank you.

Not thinking about food all the time.

1. Not being the “fat friend”
2. Being too skinny for my “skinny” clothes
3. Being comfortable wearing shorts and tank tops outside
4. Not breaking out in a sweat at the drop of a hat 😂

On 7/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, MassMom said:

Not thinking about food all the time.

Something tells me that I will always be thinking about food, but now in terms of if I can physically eat it or not.

Edited by Krestel

1) Not have to wear the maximum length of my seatbelt

2) Be able to paint my toes easier

3) Sit in seats more comfortably

4) Be able to make the hikes at the local national park again (used to be able to do it)

5) Be able to cosplay at conventions/use sewing patterns without lots of altering since I currently size out of most

6) Be able to wear clothes off the rack without accidentally going into the maternity section while looking for the plus size section

7) Be able to walk the dog for longer because she deserves it

I feel most of you on alllll these things! Man, the life we used to have!
Mine:
Seeing my belly button (my daughter mentioned this to me the other day) and my neck (best friend lol)..
Not spending $10k on food and alcohol!
Looking forward to hiking in Hawaii!
Not asking for a dang belt extender in the airplane and not worrying about being in the middle seat (although I still don’t want that seat)
Just a few..

4 hours ago, cajunredpanda said:

1) Not have to wear the maximum length of my seatbelt

2) Be able to paint my toes easier

3) Sit in seats more comfortably

4) Be able to make the hikes at the local national park again (used to be able to do it)

5) Be able to cosplay at conventions/use sewing patterns without lots of altering since I currently size out of most

6) Be able to wear clothes off the rack without accidentally going into the maternity section while looking for the plus size section

7) Be able to walk the dog for longer because she deserves it

Don't forget you deserve the longer walks too!