Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest things you are looking forward to after surgery

Maui- I say Wowee! Those are 2 great objectives @ ypease and I'm hoping you make it all the. way!!

I'm looking forward to being able to pick something up off the floor next to my bed. Right now I can't fit.

I keep coming up with things I'm looking forward too.

I just walked by a full length mirror and saw myself. I'm wearing shorts and a cute sleeveless top. The top doesn't matter as I just can't get used to what I look like now.

I won't miss not seeing her looking back at me! And, it will be nice not to fear passing a full length mirror!

Going to amusement park and not sweating about possibly not fitting in seat. Also not having to use “test” seat for rides which is embarrassing. I can’t wait! I have been turned away before when trying to buckle my seat belt. 😓

I feel you on these, especially the husband thing. My husband has the total opposite problem that I have in that he is underweight (at times to the point family tease him about being a crackhead) so I totally get it - walking with him makes me feel like we're a sideshow or something. I don't go to his work gatherings either, and they do cool stuff sometimes like bowling and adult go-karting!
I feel the same way. I'm 324 lbs (16 pounds so far on diet before surgery!) And my husband is 122lbs soaking wet. I've seen people laugh at us together. Or flirt shamelessly with him in front of me because I'm fat and not competition for his affection. It was really bad when we first started dating. It's not as bad now 7 years later. I look forward to not feeling like clumsy elephant walking next to a clumsy giraffe lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, WishfulThinker said:

I feel the same way. I'm 324 lbs (16 pounds so far on diet before surgery!) And my husband is 122lbs soaking wet. I've seen people laugh at us together. Or flirt shamelessly with him in front of me because I'm fat and not competition for his affection. It was really bad when we first started dating. It's not as bad now 7 years later. I look forward to not feeling like clumsy elephant walking next to a clumsy giraffe lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

that's almost the same as our dynamic lol! he's so excited lately because he's been working on bulking up a little lifting weights and up-ing his caloric intake with Protein Shakes and he's gained up to about 130.

I may be oblivious but I haven't noticed any blatant flirting with me right there. I watched him from our vehicle many times checking out at CVS and noticed the checkout girl just beaming every time he came up but that didn't bother me much after I went in with him once. She was just a kid with a little crush. I don't worry about him anyways!

HE notices people looking at my butt or boobs though, like all the time. and I'm TOTALLY oblivious those times usually!

I’m looking forward to ( and already have done )
1- wearing the clothing in my closet that I kept because I l promised myself I would fit in it again one day..
2- getting off insulin ( use to take 80 units a day , I’m down to only 10)
3- running a 5k and then maybe even a longer distance
4- more energy for my new born son ( he’s 7 months old and I’m 48 )
5- Having my wife look at me the way she use to when I got out the shower ( she still did , but I was insecure of myself so I never accepted her compliments)

I'm looking forward to kicking disbeties butt ... I was diagnosed w/ type 2 when I was 108 lbs. I started gaing weight some medical & physical injuries ... my dr. said rny would be the best path to put distance between me and my genetic predisposition with type 2
Thanks for your post it gives me hope ... 80 units to 10 ... you must be over the moon ... have fun with your son ... mine is 19 years old moving out of the house, when he returns to college this fall and into his first apartment... they grow up fast

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Things I’ve already been able to do:

1. Completely finish with zero modifications back-to-back Pilates classes.

2. Get back into all of the “skinny” clothes I’ve had in my closet for several years. Started out as a fluffy size 22 and I’m just now wearing the size 16swhich are the smallest I have. Oh yes, and those 16s are starting to get LOOSE on me!

3. Ride as a passenger in my husbands sports car without the seatbelt buckle jamming into one hip and the center console jamming into the other hip. I can also get out of the thing without having to heave myself out of it.

4. Sit comfortably in my Thunder season ticket seat. Before the armrests dug into my hips the entire time and I’d have to slide into the seat sideways and then it was torture to have to move if someone needed done the aisle.

5. Enjoy sex again.

6. Walk upstairs to my bedroom without pain in knees/hips/ankles and feeling like I needed to stop and rest halfway up.

Things I that I still look forward to:

1. Fitting into my “victory outfit”.
This is a size 8 little black cocktail dress that I bought on clearance in 1993 right after I had lost some weight after having my son. It looked sooooo good on me in the dressing room, and I was so proud of myself for ditching the baby weight. . I bought it for a wedding and then I got very ill and didn’t go.
The dress still has the tags on it.

2. Go snorkeling again as an actual normal size person.
Of course this requires actually going on vacation which might not happen this year (broke from all the costs from surgery) but I can’t wait until that day happens.

3. Finish the next level difficulty in Pilates.
I’ve seen the higher level classes and they’re no joke.

4. Once in my life have someone refer to me as “the skinny girl”.
Go Thunder ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 6/26/2019 at 2:28 AM, MeowAMR said:

Mine would be

1. Not feeling ashamed walking next to my hubby. He works out daily and constantly gets told he looks like The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson. He's tall, buff, and handsome. When I am with him I feel like people stare and think ugh why is he with her she's fat.

2. Be comfortable going to my hubby's work functions. I don't go because I feel like I would embarrass him with my weight.

3. Be able to walk up the stairs without being winded

4. Not wearing plus size clothing.

5. I have PCOS so it gives me a metabolic disorders which makes me gain weight and I am looking forward to that being gone along with the other symptoms like excessive Hair growth (i could probably grow a decent chin beard if I wanted) and acne. PCOS is the DEVIL!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes especially to 1 & 2! My bf is not overweight and I am. Most woman find him very attractive (my observation but all the heads he turns) and we get so many stares when out in public. I think people are staring for the same reason: "Why is he with her shes fat..."

Well why shouldn't he be , you're a cool lady now but shortly you're going to be turning into HOT STUFF and they'll be saying "Dayum I WISH SHE WAS MINE!"

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Well why shouldn't he be , you're a cool lady now but shortly you're going to be turning into HOT STUFF and they'll be saying "Dayum I WISH SHE WAS MINE!"

Hahah thanks! Im looking forward to that!

On 6/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, apiane said:

Oh and wearing something besides 2X graphic tees every day. That's all I feel comfortable in now. And wearing a well fitting bra to make the ladies look better. Lol.

I thought I was the only one!! Who wore sz 2x graphic tees!