Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest things you are looking forward to after surgery

13 hours ago, Da'Bora Kaye said:

The last time I went to Coney Island in NY i could barely fit on The Cyclone the oldest wooden coaster in US. So what i want is to find the biggest, baddest Roller Coaster I can find!!

Sent from my SM-S767VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I would suggest going to Cedar Point in that case!

And I guess I must be Fowl excrement( yeah think,of a synonym) because I am too much a wuss to go to the Big Guys, perhaps start with Zoombezi Bay at the Columbus Zoo and work myself up! Remember I was a subservient little wife for years and years, now that I am Strong Little Plant Trying to Grow, I hope my stem is strong enough so I stand straight and tall, I want to reach for the 🌞Sun like a🌻 Sunflower!

On 5/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, Frustr8 said:

Relatives will no longer call me " Hefty" or Wide-Load,perhaps They will have to come with something nicer to say, I looked to see on our grocery. list. a couple ideas I have ready to purchase. That's why I still keep my Sparta options open in case town- living gets a bit much...

I can’t believe they do that! It seems so mean! I’m sorry.

For me I would say
1. Shop in the regular women’s section NOT in the plus size limited area AND express/show my style of Fashion
2. My thighs not rubbing together as I walk
3. Be able to actually run after kids at work instead of making an excuse not to
4. Be able to take a bath with extra room around me
5. Wear a two piece bathing suit next summer 😊
6. No more fiat feet pain and be able to wear cute shoes instead of my Birkenstock sandals in summer and tennis shoes the rest of the year (special occasions I normally put insoles in cute booties but still get some feet pain)

Just looking in the mirror and seeing what I imagined I would NEVER see in this lifetime! Me being slender!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ya know, I walked by a really long full length mirror today, and I was shocked! I will be happy not to see that again! I rarely venture near a full length mirror. Full length mirrors to me are like garlic to vampires.

i look forward to walking past a full length mirror and actually stopping to look at myself.

Mine would be

1. Not feeling ashamed walking next to my hubby. He works out daily and constantly gets told he looks like The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson. He's tall, buff, and handsome. When I am with him I feel like people stare and think ugh why is he with her she's fat.

2. Be comfortable going to my hubby's work functions. I don't go because I feel like I would embarrass him with my weight.

3. Be able to walk up the stairs without being winded

4. Not wearing plus size clothing.

5. I have PCOS so it gives me a metabolic disorders which makes me gain weight and I am looking forward to that being gone along with the other symptoms like excessive Hair growth (i could probably grow a decent chin beard if I wanted) and acne. PCOS is the DEVIL!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

Mine would be

1. Not feeling ashamed walking next to my hubby. He works out daily and constantly gets told he looks like The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson. He's tall, buff, and handsome. When I am with him I feel like people stare and think ugh why is he with her she's fat.

2. Be comfortable going to my hubby's work functions. I don't go because I feel like I would embarrass him with my weight.

5. I have PCOS so it gives me a metabolic disorders which makes me gain weight and I am looking forward to that being gone along with the other symptoms like excessive Hair growth (i could probably grow a decent chin beard if I wanted) and acne. PCOS is the DEVIL!

PCOS IS the ABSOLUTE DEVIL...AMEN to that times a billion!!!!

16 hours ago, shannamarie said:

um.. f it here goes.

wiping my butt front to back after I lose enough to reach around instead of under and through! 😎

I am unashamed to say "hear, hear" to that.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:44 PM, Frustr8 said:

Relatives will no longer call me " Hefty" or Wide-Load,perhaps They will have to come with something nicer to say, I looked to see on our grocery. list. a couple ideas I have ready to purchase. That's why I still keep my Sparta options open in case town- living gets a bit much...

Omg do your relatives really say that to you? That's just cruel. How awful.

11 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

Mine would be

I feel you on these, especially the husband thing. My husband has the total opposite problem that I have in that he is underweight (at times to the point family tease him about being a crackhead) so I totally get it - walking with him makes me feel like we're a sideshow or something. I don't go to his work gatherings either, and they do cool stuff sometimes like bowling and adult go-karting!

They are and look wide-eyed at me like " I can't understand why you're offended? Its only the Truth, after all!" Truth, bull-feathers, they just had no upbringing to quote My Own Country Granny, Grandma Ads. They seem to think I'll be inspired by their constant put- downs--- when I merely die a little inside every time.

I just thought of 2 more things I would like to be able to do after wls.

1. Fit back into my wedding dress (we got married on Maui).

2. And, wear my 1 piece swim suit that I wore during our trip to Maui.

I’m sure I will think of even more.