Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think a handful of us are up this week! I'm feeling good, only thing I'm anxious about is the nausea following anesthesia & the gas after surgery. In my mind I'm going to fine next weekend - sipping 2 oz of liquid per hour, but otherwise fine. How is everyone feeling?

Just now, MinnieSotaGrl said:

So nervous!

What is making you nervous? I'm feeling really zen about the decision in general. I'm feeling pretty zen about giving up foods. But the post-op? That's where all my anxiety is.

On 05/19/2019 at 16:59, JanJan19 said:

What is making you nervous? I'm feeling really zen about the decision in general. I'm feeling pretty zen about giving up foods. But the post-op? That's where all my anxiety is.

It’s a big deal. I normally get nervous before surgery. Always have. I’ll be better tomorrow once I’m at the hospital checked in

I had surgery on the 23rd. Woke up on the 24th feeling pretty good...then it went downhill from there. Pain pain pain! Nothing was helping. Doc ordered a CT scan to check for a leak, no leak but apparently my appendix wanted to come out. So back into the operating room I went. Couldn’t get ahold of anyone in my family...so that was awesome. It was like instant pain relief when that appendix came out. I’m still in a lot of pain, mostly from where I have staples. But I’m struggling to drink Water. I hope everyone else is doing well after their surgeries! 😊

I had my surgery May 23 and had similar pain to deena1516 the next day post OP. My gas pains were terrible but I walked and walked and stayed active. The pain meds help but are not everything. I am day 3 post OP now and getting used to the puree diet. I keep getting gas bubbles from eating or drinking too fast. I have no regrets yet, I am down 9 lbs since my liver shrinking diet started on May 11, lost 4 lbs post OP, total of 13lbs lost so far.
SW: 274.4
Surgery Day: 265
CW: 261
( I am 5 7'')

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m on post op day 2, surgery was May, 24. I’m feeling pretty good, but I’m having trouble getting down the sugar free stuff. It tastes nauseatingly sweet. I am able to get sugar free Jello down, and plenty of Water, not much of anything else. Tomorrow I start my Protein Shakes, hoping I’ll like them. I am walking a lot, so that’s helping a lot, but it’s not easy.

I’m 3days Post Op and am doing okay. Getting my Water in is a chore. My surgeon told me to concentrate on getting my water in and that’s it. I guess we’ll talk about the Protein when I see him next week. I haven’t had really bad gas pains. I think when I drink something I get a little gas bubble but thank God that’s it. I haven’t really walked too much. Because I’ve had little pain I haven’t known how much walking to do. Hoping my other surgery twins are progressing just as well or even better.

How is everyone doing ? I had my surgery on the 22nd and I’m starving. I’m on a 3 week liquid diet plus Protein Shakes. I have no problem getting liquids down I’m just sick of them and I want something to eat. Is this normal. What is your post op diet ?

I had my bypass on May 23rd. I’m on a full liquid diet for two weeks. This is day 4 so I’m trying to enjoy the sugar free popsicles and Jell-O along with the broth and Water. Thank goodness those are included because I need something else than just to drink. Getting all the water in has been a challenge but I’m getting a minimum of 40oz in. My surgeon told me not to worry about anything else but getting water in right now. I guess when I see him next week we can talk about the Protein.

2 hours ago, Shanda_2019 said:

How is everyone doing ? I had my surgery on the 22nd and I’m starving. I’m on a 3 week liquid diet plus Protein Shakes. I have no problem getting liquids down I’m just sick of them and I want something to eat. Is this normal. What is your post op diet ?

2 hours ago, Shanda_2019 said:

Hey Shanda! I was the 23rd & the hunger hit me this afternoon. I'd freaking love some cottage cheese, eggs, ground chicken. Sigh. It's gonna be a long two weeks. I've had Soup, but 4oz at a time isn't really doing much. I just in the last hour had my first sips of Protein Shake (up till now it sounded disgusting). My stomach is a little whoa what are you sending down. Also, I just woke up from a nap - had a dream I found a rogue box of cheez-it's & was eating those. Hahah. It's the 2nd dream I've had post-op where in my dream I'm well aware I've had gastric sleeve.

On 5/26/2019 at 2:30 PM, Dianamar said:

I’m on post op day 2, surgery was May, 24. I’m feeling pretty good, but I’m having trouble getting down the sugar free stuff. It tastes nauseatingly sweet. I am able to get sugar free Jello down, and plenty of Water, not much of anything else. Tomorrow I start my Protein Shakes, hoping I’ll like them. I am walking a lot, so that’s helping a lot, but it’s not easy.

I was the 23rd & tonight is the first sip of a Protein Shake I've had. I've gotten down plenty of Water and Soup. And sugar free popsicles have been fine.

20 minutes ago, traeleo said:

I had my bypass on May 23rd. I’m on a full liquid diet for two weeks. This is day 4 so I’m trying to enjoy the sugar free popsicles and Jell-O along with the broth and Water. Thank goodness those are included because I need something else than just to drink. Getting all the Water in has been a challenge but I’m getting a minimum of 40oz in. My surgeon told me not to worry about anything else but getting water in right now. I guess when I see him next week we can talk about the Protein.

My surgeon is anti Jello, but he also said not to worry about the Protein when I told him I just could not get it down. I'm getting water/apple juice/gatorade & Soup down just fine. Just started a few sips of Protein Shake tonight.

Today I am 4 days post op. I’m so tired of the liquid diet.....lucky I get to see my surgeon in 2 days, I’m hoping he’ll add something new to my diet. I started drinking one half of a Protein Shake yesterday and it tasted wonderful, I did get nauseated afterwards, perhaps I drank it too quickly. I’m going to have to drink a lot more slowly. But as far as pain goes, I no longer have pain. Nausea is my enemy these days. Any one else?