Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First thing you ate when you were cleared for normal food

On 06/04/2019 at 10:59, mrblond said:

D Day is here. I am 6 weeks out and clear to eat whatever I want. I thought about good, homemade chilli but I have noticed anything spicy, ie pepper, or peppers, gives me heartburn now. I had considered sushi, but I have a feeling the wasabi may do the same thing.

For now, its a large cup of hot, black, fully caffeinated coffee

I am finishing up my fourth week post-op. I have been cheating just a little, eating chicken noodle Soup or vegetable beef soup for about a week. Last night I made sloppy joes for the kids for dinner and I was able to eat about 1/2 cup of the meat without a bun with no issues and it was awesome.

Maybe you could try some mild Indian food?

Add me to the "Chili" list.

I tried Ensure Max cafe mocha while taste testing Protein Drinks. This is really good and has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee so you can kill two birds, Protein and coffee. I'm not sure about I'm not sure I'd do chili the Beans and spices may be an issue. Share what kind of chili you were able to eat.

How hard is the pre liquid diet?
It isn't hard. I had food every other day, just once. I lost 22 lbs on surgery day. Make sure you don't eat at least 2 days before surgery, and make sure it isn't pizza or some really heavy food. The weekend before was my final goodbye to pizza. Just use your head. Eat scrambled eggs and bacon or chicken and veggies. Light stuff. But definitely nothing at least 2 days before surgery.

Sent from my F8131 using BariatricPal mobile app

I tried Ensure Max cafe mocha while taste testing Protein drinks. This is really good and has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee so you can kill two birds, protein and coffee. I'm not sure about I'm not sure I'd do chili the Beans and spices may be an issue. Share what kind of chili you were able to eat.
I made the white chicken chili with just chili powder and cayenne. Just half the amount required though.

Regrows Beans and some cheese or White Bean Chili with chicken ground
I also had that as my first soft food after getting the OK. I pureed it through my ninja.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:31 AM, KCgirl061 said:

I can't remember the first thing when I was cleared for any food. When I was cleared for pureed though I dragged my husband to the nearest Indian food restaurant. (My surgeon is very conservative with diet progression and I was on full liquids for 6 weeks) I was ready for something savory and spicy!

I looooove Indian food. What did you have that was puréed? I want to mentally prepare for a glorious meal! I’m 6 days out from surgery now.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:49 AM, Ryster_1979 said:
On 5/11/2019 at 4:41 AM, DuchessDeviance said:

Half of a roasted chicken thigh. It was so blissful to chew!

I am dying to chew something right now, one week post op 😁

Me too!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

On 06/10/2019 at 20:50, Jessviera said:

I looooove Indian food. What did you have that was puréed? I want to mentally prepare for a glorious meal! I’m 6 days out from surgery now.

I think I had Chana Saag. Paneer Saag is one of my favorite dishes but I could mush the chickpeas easier than paneer. Took Protein Powder with me to add to it.

Reading some of the tasty things you all have eaten makes me feel like I am in the midst of a food Desert in Central Ohio. We dont seem to have any of those Good Things!

Yesterday marked 1 month (4 weeks and 4 days) post-op. I had a very small piece of tri-tip (similar to brisket, but better IMO) and it was absolutely glorious.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, Tharvey said:

How hard is the pre liquid diet?

It is harder mentally than physically! I am on day 3 and wanting to eat today more than the previous two days. You know your stomach can still handle large volumes of food, so your brain isn't satisfied after one shake!