Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Robotic Gastric Sleeve surgery on Wednesday, May 8th, and I was wondering if anyone has had the sleeve procedure with robotic technology? If so, can you share your experience with me? Recovery time, mobility following surgery, return to work time, etc. Thank you, and looking forward to joining the “Losers Bench” in less than 72 hours!

It was amazing. I had 4 tiny incisions. I only had pain meds in the hospital and then some Tylenol at home. After the first week, I was able to sleep comfortably. I was up walking the day of my surgery. Good luck to you.

I had mine on May 7th. Also have 4 tiny incisions. Having awful gas pains...to the point of not being able to move. I have been up and walking a lot but it isn’t easing up.

Had mine on 2/13 with robotics and went home after 1 day. I had no problems went to work the following Monday after surgery on Wednesday. Mine is a desk job now days, but 2 people had surgery a day apart and both were back to work at the same time and a 3rd person had surgery done last October and was off only a few days. We all followed the restrictions that we received from the doctors and the support groups and the biggest issue from anyone may have been the amount of liquid to intake right after surgery. Within a few days a couple of us were able to intake 4 to 8 ounces of liquid over a 15 minute to 30 minute time frame 1 person had a hard time with just swallows of liquid but eventually was able to increase liquid intake. Some gas for one of the people caused a little pressure but they got up and walked around and relieved the pressure feeling. I sleep in a recliner for 2 weeks to make sure that i would have no issues lying down to sleep at night. I had no problems sleeping like that and when I finally slept in my bed there were no issues. Good luck follow the restrictions and you should do great.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!