Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

that horrible stall

Im stalled 😭

I am feeling a little low, I have been sitting at my current weight for over a month. I can feel myself starting to eat again, not more, but more often. and not good food either. really struggling mentally.

I hope I can get over this slump. and start to eat healthier again. do not want to ruin myself again.

I had my sleeve in December and I've been in a stall for a month now. It's so depressing and it's driving me crazy because I'm exercising, getting my Protein in, drinking Water, and eating around 850 calories. I should be losing! Hang in there, we just have to let this stupid stubborn stall run its course.

Hang in there. I know that's easier said than done. I've slowed down to about 1 lb loss per week or less. I'm looking at other changes than just weight. In some clothing I can wear a size small and I'm 147 pounds. I definitely lost a lot of inches. I'm hoping since I've added jogging to my exercise routine, it will jump start my weight loss. Don't give up.

You might try a couple of things to trigger the fat burning mode to amp up. Increase your exercise a lot this week - especially cardio. Try intermittent fasting for one week.

Me too. Six weeks in and this is my second stall. I'm doing everything right, and yet... It's just dispiriting to have done all of this and feel like it's not working. So. What I'm doing to stay positive and keep on track is that I pulled out a few pieces of clothing that I'm really close to fitting in to, like five to ten pounds away, plus the dresses I was wearing pre-surgery up on the wall to remind me that I'm making progress and hang in there. And I spent yesterday doing fun stuff, like going to the movies and getting a blow out. And I'm going to put my scale away until Friday because seeing the number not move every day is not a loving thing to do.

We'll get through this, damn it!

Don't forget that the number on the scale is not the only indicator of progress. I've stayed basically the same weight for the past week and a bit but lost about 1.8% of body fat and over 1/2 inch on my waist (and other places) over the same period. But even if you don't track body fat or body measurements, you can still notice how your clothes fit :) So long as you are sticking to your plan, you will progress.

The way I broke stalls was the reverse of what everyone in this thread is saying. I did two things anytime I stalled more than a few days.

I upped my calories 150-200 per day at each stall and drank a ton of water/tea the first few days. I also stopped all exercise except walking for a few days.

Once I started losing again and my body didn’t fear starvation, I went back to business as usual.

I never hit a stall longer than a week with this. Well, until month 9. By then I had lost almost 200 lbs and intentionally started eating more to slow down the weight loss as I slide into my goal weight.

2 hours ago, MeanSleevedMachine said:

The way I broke stalls was the reverse of what everyone in this thread is saying. I did two things anytime I stalled more than a few days.

I upped my calories 150-200 per day at each stall and drank a ton of water/tea the first few days. I also stopped all exercise except walking for a few days.

Once I started losing again and my body didn’t fear starvation, I went back to business as usual.

I never hit a stall longer than a week with this. Well, until month 9. By then I had lost almost 200 lbs and intentionally started eating more to slow down the weight loss as I slide into my goal weight.

Yes!!! This is how to break a stall.

I stalled for a month. I finally lost 6 pounds in April. You will get there!

I am 8 weeks and I have been hovering around 307-306 for over a week now. it's been driving me crazy!!!!!!! I think you get spoiled because in those first few weeks you see the scale changing every day and once I started on regular food that is when the stall started. Arrrrgh!!!!!!

16 hours ago, MeanSleevedMachine said:

I'm going to try this next because I'm still stuck in this stall for six weeks. Willing to try anything to get out of it and get into Onederland.

17 hours ago, MeanSleevedMachine said:

This is good to know! Tomorrow morning I'm having sleeve surgery.

20 hours ago, MeanSleevedMachine said:

This approach makes sense to me as well. The body goes into 'starvation mode' at some point, so upping the calories by a bit may help. I would definitely set parameters though, like a % increase for X number of days or only Protein can be used to add the additional calories - something like that. Increasing calories with the wrong foods can be a slippery slope. Well done Moose1515.

7 hours ago, GradyCat said:

I'm going to try this next because I'm still stuck in this stall for six weeks. Willing to try anything to get out of it and get into Onederland.

I'm cheering for you GradyCat. I know you have been dealing with your stall for awhile and I hope this kick starts your weight loss again 🤞

I’m having the same issue!!!!