Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HOW FAST CAN I RETURN TO WORK POST VGS?

2 minutes ago, LaShunn said:

No problem & thank you

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

YOURE WELCOME, FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME ANYTIME :)

I also had my surgery (sleeve and hernia repair) on a Thursday and went back to work on Monday. I didn’t take any pain medication. Good luck to you on your journey. (I am one year out and down eighty pounds. I would like to lose twenty more. Then plastic surgery here I come! LOL)

4 minutes ago, J@Alabama said:

I also had my surgery (sleeve and hernia repair) on a Thursday and went back to work on Monday. I didn’t take any pain medication. Good luck to you on your journey. (I am one year out and down eighty pounds. I would like to lose twenty more. Then plastic surgery here I come! LOL)

WOW THAT IS SO AWESOME! GREAT JOB! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AS WELL :) WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR VGS

On 05/04/2019 at 07:04, CESILEYRAE said:

WOW THAT IS SO AWESOME! GREAT JOB! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AS WELL :) WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR VGS

Alabama Weight Loss in Birmingham AL

I took off for two weeks after my surgery. I had very minimal pain mostly at the incision where my stomach was taken out and Tylenol helped with it. The reason I stayed out two weeks was because I was just tired.I planned on returning to work after one week but the fatigue was too much for me. I also had my surgery at 60 so that might have played a part in my fatigue as well.

I wish you well with your surgery and with your continued new found good health.

Thank you for responding Danny. It is nice to hear you had minimal pain! I’m really hoping a week is long enough for me. Thank you for your kind words and best of luck to you!

Good luck to you! I had surgery on a Monday, worked some from the hospital room Tuesday and went back full days to my desk job on Thursday. I didn’t take any pain meds, either. Unless you have complications, I agree with the others that you should do great!

Remember everyone is different and your body may react different than others. My surgery was 4/22 and I was not mentally prepared for the incision pain I had. Everyone talks about the gas...I had minimal gas pain. My original plan was 1 week off but ended up taking 3 more days and going back this past Thursday. I was exhausted by the end of the day. Don’t fear taking your pain meds either...I tried that and it only caused me more pain. The important thing is to just listen to how you feel. This is a serious surgery! Also, don’t get down on yourself if you don’t bounce back as fast as you thought you would!

I had mine on a Monday, and went back Friday. (Desk job) I managed on Tylenol, didn’t need my narcotics. I felt a little tired, but managed well enough. So if you have complications it might be different, but you should be okay. I returned to my second job after 2 weeks (waiting tables) but felt pretty drained pulling 14-16 hour days that week. It’s fine now 4 weeks post op. Good luck! Wishing you smooth procedure, and speedy recovery.

Depends on each person. I felt great and could have gone back right away except that I lift up things at my job so I took two weeks off to be safe. Recovery for me was smooth.

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM A 911 DISPATCHER AND I AM LOOKING INTO GETTING THE GASTRIC SLEEVE NEXT MONTH. I CANT TAKE A LOT OF TIME OFF SO I AM WONDERING HOW MUCH TIME FROM MY SURGERY DATE DO YOU THINK I CAN RETURN TO WORK? I SIT DOWN AT A DESK THE WHOLE SHIFT, NO LIFTING.
I am a former 911/police/fire/EMS dispatcher. Now I am a radio supervisor for a border patrol. I took off 2 weeks. I could have probably gone back after a week but it was nice to have the time to figure out foods, and supplements.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you Tracy that’s very good to know!

On 05/04/2019 at 11:44, CESILEYRAE said:

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM A 911 DISPATCHER AND I AM LOOKING INTO GETTING THE GASTRIC SLEEVE NEXT MONTH. I CANT TAKE A LOT OF TIME OFF SO I AM WONDERING HOW MUCH TIME FROM MY SURGERY DATE DO YOU THINK I CAN RETURN TO WORK? I SIT DOWN AT A DESK THE WHOLE SHIFT, NO LIFTING.

I work a desk job too and plan on getting back into work the following Monday too. I will be leaving the hospital on a Friday.

Awesome! When is your surgery?