Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So as most of u know I am on Day 3. My pain is unbelievable... I'm not even able to sit up for more than 2 mins before the pain kicks in... N yet others are up n walking now...I try to make myself sit up.. I feel they will put me out soon and I live alone.. this is really scary for me...any ideas? And how long does this pain last?

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using BariatricPal mobile app

So as most of u know I am on Day 3. My pain is unbelievable... I'm not even able to sit up for more than 2 mins before the pain kicks in... N yet others are up n walking now...I try to make myself sit up.. I feel they will put me out soon and I live alone.. this is really scary for me...any ideas? And how long does this pain last?

I had incredible pain as well-- way more than i ever expected, and it was especially worse because any bariatric support groups i was looking at all talked about how it was basically pain free. Im on my 10th day from the surgery (i also had a hiatal hernia repaired), and really only in the last 2 days have i felt able to sit up at a 90 degree angle or move around without much pain. Today is the first day i can bend down, and i cant even do it fully yet. But each day got less painful, i do remember that! I was only in the hospital one night, but i really do think the beds make it worse. I also live alone.

Sent from my LM-V405 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had incredible pain as well-- way more than i ever expected, and it was especially worse because any bariatric support groups i was looking at all talked about how it was basically pain free. Im on my 10th day from the surgery (i also had a hiatal hernia repaired), and really only in the last 2 days have i felt able to sit up at a 90 degree angle or move around without much pain. Today is the first day i can bend down, and i cant even do it fully yet. But each day got less painful, i do remember that! I was only in the hospital one night, but i really do think the beds make it worse. I also live alone.

Good to know I'm not alone..I had the exact same issues.. I'm hoping and praying tomorrow I can get up n walk some... I need to...Thank You mixz8089

You’re in the worst part, a week from now you’ll feel a million times better. Take your pain meds and sleep, read and watch TV

You’re in the worst part, a week from now you’ll feel a million times better. Take your pain meds and sleep, read and watch TV
NYJenn
Is that all... Hmmm so in a week I'll feel better? Coz a week feels like an eternity right now...

On 05/03/2019 at 21:25, 1-Chance said:

NYJenn
Is that all... Hmmm so in a week I'll feel better? Coz a week feels like an eternity right now...

I remember going back for my one week post op and being shocked at how much better I felt. You won’t feel like a million bucks, but soooo much better then you do today

NYJenn

It really does get less painful each day. So even though a week sounds like an eternity, you won't be at this high a pain level even 2 days from now

I had surgery March 11. I had excruciating pain following surgery. It was absolute hell. The pain meds only subdued it slightly. I feel 98% better now. Just try and stay on top of the pain with meds as best you can and rest as much as you can. The pain WILL get better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery March 11. I had excruciating pain following surgery. It was absolute hell. The pain meds only subdued it slightly. I feel 98% better now. Just try and stay on top of the pain with meds as best you can and rest as much as you can. The pain WILL get better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much for the advice of hope!!

And I had no pain then, mine came a few weeks later when I developed a stricture. Every day- in so many ways- you will start to feel better, right now you and your body have been through a lot together. It was Major Surgery so be kind to You, the ones who boast of being dismissed and going right to the mall shopping are a very small minority. Even I had moments of What Did I Do To Me? And I worked over 3 years to gain my RNY bypass, so I wanted it very badly. Yeah not pain per se but I did feel like somebodythrew me ovee a cliff and left me in a heap below. My 72 year old belly felt I had gone through the most extensive Gym Workout of my life.
You can vent to us as much as you want, the futurebenefits are surely there, but this initiation is ROUGH. I owe you one big hug as soon as you're less tender!

I also had a lot of pain, waking during the night as soon as my pain meds wore off. But it improved very quickly. I'm on Day 8 today and I haven't needed painkillers all day. By comparison, on Day 3 I was in so much pain that I contacted my surgeon to ask for increased medication. Hang in there and know it gets better.

VSG 27th April 2019

After the first week, my pain really did ebb pretty much entirely. I felt so much better that I did too much yesterday and now I’m wiped out today. Woops!

It will pass. Watch some bad TV and take care for the next few days.