Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weighing in at the doctor's office

Am I the only one who gets discouraged when I get weighed at the office and you're five pounds heavier because of the clothes?

I always weigh myself each morning when I get out of the shower.

Also an added benefit of catcalls from my wife when I do so.

I hear ya! I wish I could strip naked at the doctor's office and weigh first thing in the morning like I do at home so they could be the much lower number like I do. But alas, I'd be kicked out of the doctor's office if I stripped naked. Nobody wants to see that! Hahaha.

Doctor's scales are always 5-7 lbs off from home, if only partially because of clothes and the other part is because of them sometimes having consistent inaccuracies.

I was 7 lbs off on Wednesday. 329 in office. 322 at home. (320 this morning)

Not at all. LOL. I'm right there with you! I only have morning appts. I wear the same thing each time and it's the lightest set of clothes I own. And I take my shoes off and make sure I pee just before the weigh in. Oh and go fasted with no fluids in me. And no coffee, cuz coffee will add a pound to the scale all the time. :D Obsessed much? LOL! 🍾:blush:

Great topic 💜

I like the lower weight at home but the one recorded at the doctor's office seems counts more (just to me because its recorded on my medical records that follow me everywhere)

& I'm rarely ever just naked in the wild 😳

Not at all. LOL. I'm right there with you! I only have morning appts. I wear the same thing each time and it's the lightest set of clothes I own. And I take my shoes off and make sure I pee just before the weigh in. Oh and go fasted with no fluids in me. And no coffee, cuz coffee will add a pound to the scale all the time. [emoji3] Obsessed much? LOL! [emoji898]:blush:
I do all the same things! Plus, at home I only weigh before my shower because wet hair weighs more. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, MrsGamgee said:

I do all the same things! Plus, at home I only weigh before my shower because wet hair weighs more. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh fersure!!! :D

2 hours ago, IWuzaFatDuck said:

discouraged when I get weighed at the office and five pounds heavier because of the clothes?

@IWuzaFatDuck

hi newbie

consistency is the name of the game!!☺️

dr office - wearing similar/same clothes each time, sneakers/shoes you'll get one weight-

compare that same weight every time you see doc

do the same at home, wear same/similar clothes and only compare those #s on home

scale

do not compare home scale to docs - like comparing apples to oranges😉

good luck

kathy

Does anyone else hold their breath when they get on the scales at the doctor's?

I dry myself off after the shower to make sure that I don't have any Water drops. I shave my head so no hair weight. It's mad I tell you.

41 minutes ago, IWuzaFatDuck said:

I shave my head so no hair weight

@IWuzaFatDuck

🤣🤣

no hair, short hair, longer hair, llllllongerrrr hair

i have medium length hair, where do i weigh in? LOL

kathy

I always weigh in the morning with no clothes before my Drs. Appointment and consider that my "real" weight. I don't even pay attention to what the Drs. scale says because of my clothes or anything I ate or drank before the appointment.

So depressing. I try to make early morning appointments. I always have a drink in my hand so if I go in the afternoon or forget to take my Water pills I can easily be up 8 to 10 lbs.
So annoying but I actually have contemplated taking a picture of my scale morning of an afternoon appointment. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

So depressing. I try to make early morning appointments. I always have a drink in my hand so if I go in the afternoon or forget to take my Water pills I can easily be up 8 to 10 lbs.
So annoying but I actually have contemplated taking a picture of my scale morning of an afternoon appointment. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I weigh in my clothes at home....so no doctors office surprises. Also, my home scale is +1.5#'s more than my doctors. I rarely feel upset when I weigh in.