Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling lightheaded in day 2 of liquid diet. HELP!

Happy Friday y’all!

So I’m on day 2 of this liquid diet. Surgery date is 5/16! I had my first Protein Shake at 8:30am but I’m feeling very lightheaded and woozy right now. Anyone experienced this? What can I have to help reduce it? Also can I have fat free green yogurt during the liquid diet or just the Protein Shakes and broth and diet drinks? I’m trying to survive on Water, shakes, and broth which I have like 3 times a day.

Yes, it's very common. It gets better when you get to food but you'll have to increase your salt intake a little. I'm pretty sure you can have the yogurt on the liquid phase. Good luck!

Are you on any meds for diabetes or high blood pressure? Dosages might need to be adjusted.

I'm on day 2 of the all liquid diet too, and am a bit loopy... felt like my blood sugars were low while I was grocery shopping (a new kind of torture). Checked my sugars when I got home, and they were actually high. Turns out that my once-a-week coffee from McDonald's had 2 sugar in it rather than 2 sweetener. Now I'm just praying it levels out soon because I feel like crap.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Are you on any meds for diabetes or high blood pressure? Dosages might need to be adjusted.

I'm on day 2 of the all liquid diet too, and am a bit loopy... felt like my blood sugars were low while I was grocery shopping (a new kind of torture). Checked my sugars when I got home, and they were actually high. Turns out that my once-a-week coffee from McDonald's had 2 sugar in it rather than 2 sweetener. Now I'm just praying it levels out soon because I feel like crap.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree. I am diabetic and the shake diet did not work for me. I was so sick. They changed it to one small meal and 4 shakes or bars.

I was on metformin but stopped it about 3 weeks ago because I was getting really sick to my stomach. I’m on BP pills and methimazole for my thyroid disease. That could be it. I drank Water and it helped but I’m starting to feel woozy again. I had some broth and I’m trying to drink another shake. They are a lot! Im also taking my Vitamins because I’m not trying to have issues while I’m on this fast! Thank you ladies. Please feel free to hit me up! I’m so grateful for y’all. I wish this forum allowed direct replies. Hugs and good vibes too all!!

I'm dealing with that right now.

I drink all the Protein and take enough multi-vitamins, I drink enough Water and get plenty of sleep.

Every other day I get a headache that lasts half a day. I started my pre-op liquid diet May 1st.

Edit: just noticed you are post-op.

Edited by TheJuice202

Oh no. I’m pre op. My surgery is in 10 days as of today! Yesterday I started feeling a little better and I’m back on the metformin. I think it’s just getting used to it. I’m also having broth in between and the sugar free Jello now. That’s been helping. Best of luck to you! It’ll be so worth it!

Your body is saying " What are YOU doing to ME?" It will be super- peeved when you go forward with your surgery. 😛🍀 😛