Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve gastrectomy surgery 2012 or earlier

Sleeve gastrectomy surgery 2012 or earlier  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been able to maintain?

• yes, have stayed at goal
    • yes, but there are ups & downs
    • 20 lbs over goal
    • 21-50 lbs over goal
    • Regained all
  2. 2. What does your exercise routine look like?

• 7 days a week at least a 1/2 hour of cardio
    • 3-5 days a week at least 1/2 hour of cardio
    • 7 days a week of both cardio & strength training
    • 3-5 days a week of both cardio & strength training
    • Minimal amount of exercise
    • No real exercise routine
  3. 3. What does your diet look like?

• High protein, low fat, low carb
    • high protein, high fat, low carb
    • Weight Watcher's
    • paleo, keto or Atkins
    • no real plan
    • I gave up & eat the way I used to before surgery

My surgery was January 2012. Just curious how others are doing that are 7 years or more from surgery.

May, 2011 here. I should probably qualify my answers, as per usual, I tend to defy categorization.

1 - yes, at goal with some ups and downs.

2 - I usually go to they gym five days a week, alternating between swimming and a weight circuit, depending upon which is more available crowd-wise. And a hike with the dogs in the woods or up in the canyon every day, weather depending.

3 - I basically do what I did before surgery, which owing to my wife's WLS around six years prior, was/is effectively a WLS maintenance life. I started when she was working up toward her surgery with a strict no-fad-diet regimen - cleaning up the diet as much as possible while being sustainable long term rather than the quickie diet of the day. Best description of it now would be "a bit of everything, not too much of anything" - fundamentally what most any RD would set up for a normal person for good health and weight control. Protein is only what is needed for lean mass maintenance, or about 20% of total, so certainly not "high protein" (though typically in excess of 100g per day) along with lots of fruits and veg and some whole grains.

3 hours ago, TheRealMeIsHere! said:

curious how others are doing 7+ years or more from surgery.

@TheRealMeIsHere!

boy oh boy, sure are nosey aren't you!🤣

December 15, 2011 - 1rst day of my new improved life!!

i admit that i rarely exercise! (honesty is good for the soul)!!!

i don't measure my food. i eyeball - know my portions, so i

continue to do well. i am in maintenance - up and down a few pounds.

Even though i am doing great, i know i will have to continue to watch/be

careful with the way i eat for the rest of my healthier, happier, longer

life.

it's not a sprint, it's a marathon!! I'm a winner!!😉

kathy

I’m only five years out, but maintain a weight loss either side of 100 pounds by about five pounds. 100 in summer 95 in winter. I am generally physically active five days a week. The past three weeks I’ve been struggling with a sinus issue.
Otherwise I still weigh myself every day and track my eating even on the bad days when I eat too much.

October 2012 sleeve, had a baby May 2018 and lost the baby weight pretty well 😊 I’m sitting about 10kg from my skinniest and 5kg from where I’d like to be but I’m active and happy

I'm 6 1/2 years out and I've maintained pretty well. My goal weight was 150 and I'm about 10 pounds over that right now. I recently gained about 5 pounds due to stress from my sister dying (cancer). I've been turning to food for comfort and I need to get my butt back in gear.

I don't really exercise much (I'm changing that), and I've always eaten what I want but in moderation. I just started weight watchers - I want to get down to 145 because I feel that is a better weight for me. I'm really not concerned too much by the scale, but I don't like the way I feel and how my clothes fit right now. So I'm focusing on moving more and eating healthier.

January 2013...wow...long time. Loved the loss of 65 lbs. Slowly regained 5 lbs and this year 10lbs. 🤨. Lost focus, let blood sugars run me. Tightening the reins now. Love hearing from those who refused to give in and went back to square one. Thanks all.

Well, I'm actually from June 2013. For some reason I thought it was Sept.2012. Anyway, I'm very happy. Still eating anything I want, but cannot eat near as much as I could . This pleases me as my blood work has always shown that , at 69 I am not diabetic which would've been impossible to avoid had I not had this operation. I have no energy problems to travel and walk all over foreign cities Best thing I think I ever did for myself.

I had my surgery in 2011, I have regained 18 lbs, in the past 2 years, which don't seem like alot, but I feel every pound of it, I am currently on liquids doing a reset, as I figure, losing 15 lbs, will be easier than 40, If I don't take control now, I know it will continue to rise.

Have done great up until the year and half, and it is up and down, but want to go back down and stay there, need to do, exercise more and drink more Water, stay away from certain foods, which I usually do very well at.

I WILL do this... Coming back to the board as it helped me from the beginning and been gone a long while.