Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The struggle is real...

I'm on the 2nd week of my pureed diet and I've really struggled with it. I keep eating food that's not pureed and I know that it's not what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm just hungry all the time and then I eat too much and hurt. I did some soul searching and realized that I can't do this to myself or I'll ruin my chance of success. So I went back to Protein Shakes even though I don't have to. Every time I thought I needed to eat I got up and moved around. I'm realizing just how much food effects every facet of my life. So instead of focusing on the food so much I'm going to focus on movement. My Dr told me that it's very important to focus on myself for the next year because I'm going to be going through a lot of physical and mental changes. And that is exactly what I'm going to do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using BariatricPal mobile app

Puréed was the worse for me .. I hated the texture and just having to blend everything, but I just forced myself.. I gave my self a goal each day and although it was super hard I did it.. what helped me was that i kept telling myself purée stage was only for a week not forever, so that helped me.. don’t worry, you got this you’re in control!! And yes the doctor is right, focus on yourself .. there will be a lot physical and mental changes but always remember why you did it and how far you have came!! You got this, I believe in you!!

That was smart of you to go back to Protein Shakes if you were feeling too much temptation. It's a marathon, not a sprint, but you've got to change a lot of your thinking and eating habits along the way.

6 hours ago, LuvDeeDee said:

I'm on the 2nd week of my pureed diet and I've really struggled with it. I keep eating food that's not pureed and I know that it's not what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm just hungry all the time and then I eat too much and hurt. I did some soul searching and realized that I can't do this to myself or I'll ruin my chance of success. So I went back to Protein Shakes even though I don't have to. Every time I thought I needed to eat I got up and moved around. I'm realizing just how much food effects every facet of my life. So instead of focusing on the food so much I'm going to focus on movement. My Dr told me that it's very important to focus on myself for the next year because I'm going to be going through a lot of physical and mental changes. And that is exactly what I'm going to do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using BariatricPal mobile app

Nothing wrong with sticking with Protein Shakes a little longer and definitely good idea to find something to keep your mind active

Use Water. When hungry, drink water (not sweetened) or decaff green tea or decaff black coffee. The hydration will help you heal quicker and allow you to be able to consume your foods and progress your diet appropriately! Good for you for talking to yourself and moving! Get your move on girl!!