Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alternative Pasta

I know that pastas are not recommended because of empty carbs and that they can be difficult to pass through your pouch. What about chickpea and lentil Pasta. Is it the same for these too? Also, I see this site sells shiritaki noodles. Can we eat those?

Edited by IBSavn

I ordered some magic rice/pasta from Amazon. it is pretty gross lol it is the Shirataki stuff too

I didn't love the shirtaki noodles, but I am a fan of the veggiemade noodles by steamfresh. Also my younger brother likes them so I can trick him into eating what I make. lol

yeah we make veggie noodles at home but I really want fettucine lol

I love the Shirataki noodles/rice. :) The bean pastas make me hungry and my blood sugar spikes too much.

I spiral all different kinds of veggies and love them both as salad raw, and cooked with sauces!

I really like shiritaki noodles. I eat miracle noodles. Can we eat those noodles with the pouch?

7 minutes ago, IBSavn said:

I really like shiritaki noodles. I eat miracle noodles. Can we eat those noodles with the pouch?

At 14 months, I do. I only eat 1 serving--not a whole bag though. And I follow the rules: Protein first, veggies second, and if room, then the noodles. I chew them up super well though!

I really like the lentil or chick pea based Pasta. I only eat a small amount and have it with chicken or chicken sausage for Protein. It takes care of my pasta cravings and makes me feel not deprived.

11 hours ago, lzucks said:

I really like the lentil or chick pea based Pasta. I only eat a small amount and have it with chicken or chicken sausage for Protein. It takes care of my Pasta cravings and makes me feel not deprived.

I have not tried this. can you recommend one to try?

I love this one. Tons of Protein, spaghetti form is way better than Fettuccini, and straight-up edamame works for me.

Just toss it in a little sauce/pesto right out of the pot so it doesn’t clump, then eat with a dense sauce. You kind of have to 50/50 it, or even more sauce than noodles. But it’s filling and definitely hits my Pasta spot.

32381651-D24A-43A8-B50E-CCA28930594F.jpeg

I haven't tried the edamame one yet, but definitely will! The two I've had that are good and easy to find around me are Banza (chick peas) and Free to Eat (i've had the red lentil one, but it comes in many varieties).

I will always recommend 'zoodles'. The texture is a bit different, but taste wise it's the same as regular spaghetti. :)

On 05/02/2019 at 17:22, sideeye said:

I love this one. Tons of Protein, spaghetti form is way better than Fettuccini, and straight-up edamame works for me.

Just toss it in a little sauce/pesto right out of the pot so it doesn’t clump, then eat with a dense sauce. You kind of have to 50/50 it, or even more sauce than noodles. But it’s filling and definitely hits my Pasta spot.

32381651-D24A-43A8-B50E-CCA28930594F.jpeg

Aldi is now carrying an edamame Pasta. It looks like it might be a private label of the Explore brand @sideeye recommends.

It’s crazy cheap ($2.89 for 7 oz) and isn’t an “ Aldi Find” which means its an everyday item

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

I just eat Pasta, but not very much - and always with Protein.

I find that eating pasta deals with my pasta cravings very well. 😉

My favorite is Cali’flour Foods Califlower and Yellow Lentil Pasta. Bought it on Amazon. It only comes in a penne but the taste and texture is most like real pasta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk