Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2019 support group

No it’s quite different than the RNY. I have to do 2 weeks prior to surgery. It’s been difficult.

But may things still work out to YOUR benefit!

Friends- some advice - Follow the rules or else.
It has been exactly 2 weeks since my surgery and I have been 100% compliant with the diet. When I transitioned to mushies (day 10), I made a bunch of different purées (tuna, buffalo chicken dip, Beans and salsa, spinach artichoke, sweet potato, eggplant, mashed cauliflower, baked ricotta). I added gene pro to the veggies and packaged them in 3 ounce containers (except for the ricotta since I was using a slightly bigger container to bake in - 4 ounces). So things were going fine and I had no problems with drinking or mushies...UNTIL last night!
I had eaten the ricotta twice before but added a bunch more Tomato sauce and I think I ate it in two sittings or really slow. Last night I was out of tomato sauce and it was getting late so I ate almost the whole thing before I suddenly felt full...I was almost finished so I took another bite...BIG mistake. I was so uncomfortably full and bloated almost immediately.
About an hour later I tried to go to sleep. I ended up throwing up about 6 times during the night (lasted 8 -9 hours). Plus had severe stomach cramping. It was awful and scary. So this is my warning.

Mistake 1 - ricotta bake is not a mushy unless thinned with tomato sauce
Mistake 2 - eating more than 3 ounces
Mistake 3 - laying down only one hour after eating (I never noticed this rule but my plan says 2 hours).

Hope this helps.
Stella

Hi everyone!! I will be having my bypass next week and I am both scared and excited. Just started the pre-op diet on Monday. Headache is getting better but I'm so hungry. I'm using the Syntrax Nectar Protein because I can't stand that thick milky consistency of other protein powders plus these taste soooo good.

Wishing you all success with surgery and your weight loss.

Surgery day for me. Woke up with a scratchy throat due to seasonal allergies. Can't believe it's finally here.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

AND AWAY YOU GO INTO FOREVER! Couldn't happen to someone who desrves it more, yours has been such a LONG JOURNEY but finally it is going to happen for YOU!❤

New to this forum, just found it today.

Had my RNY on May 7th.

Luckily I was not required to do pre op liquids, and ate normally up until the night before surgery (I know each hospital and doctor is different). Was only held overnight and was home on May 8th. Never took a pain pill after the 9th. Started puree'd diet (following dieticians guidelines) on day 6 and doing well on it.

And home. Got here last night, always concerned about getting fluids in. Currently working on GZero and have my Isopure ready to go. Figuring out my ‘full’ signals. One is my shoulder starts to hurt. My boys are off to work and school so this will be interesting. Did do some work, gotta make sure people get paid and now I’m back in bed after walking around. Figured I’ll try again in an hour for more fluids. I may take a nap, we will see how the day goes.

Be kind and loving to yourself, YOU still need that body To Live In!

Well, I'm on the loser's bench now! Surgery went well and pain is mostly managed. Did a lap around the ward and now feel as weak as a kitten.

I expect I'll be discharged today, and then the real challenge begins. Not looking forward to climbing the stairs to get to my front door.

Ice Water and Jello are lovely... cranberry juice not so much. I guess it's all experimentation from here on out.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine is coming up on the 27th. I'm right in the middle of the shakes only 2-week pre-op diet.

Unfortunately, two friends of mine are having their 50th birthday party tonight right around the corner from my house and I cant/wont go. The temptation of the food there will be way too much. They are probably serving wonderful, wonderful Lebanese food and just the thought of it is making my mouth Water. There is no way I can be there and not eat anything. I am so looking forward to getting back to a new normal.

I’m here. Working on getting the fluids in. Had some broth yesterday that didn’t agree with me, that was fun, not. Today is better, working on meeting my goal for fluids and think I may get close today as I hit 46 yesterday. Fluids are going to be my challenge. I’m so ready to have something other than broth, popsicles, and Jello. Looks like Tuesday I can yogurt, cottage cheese, and apple sauce! My doctors office has you on Protein Shakes for two weeks only, so this is going to be interesting...

My RNY was done May 8th. No complications. They also repaired a hiatal hernia I had. I didn’t have any nausea or vomiting. I was able to drink right away. My incisions are nearly healed already. liquid diet sucks. I’m sick of all the sweet crap. What I would give for everything to have more savory options. Soup is my savior. I’m still tired some. I’m thirsty ALL the time. And STARVING!! I can’t wait for puréed food!! Maybe 11 more days, I hope!

Hi I’m scheduled this Wednesday. I’m having the gastric sleeve. Very excited.