Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Climbing back on the wagon - Advice?

Hey y'all!

I'll be 2 years post-op in July and I've fallen off the wagon. I never experienced the huge weight loss that I saw many people here experience, and I had a lot of life stressors that quickly made me run back to bad habits. I don't blame the sleeve at all - it's only a tool after all, and it can only work miracles if I allow it to. In fact, even without the extreme weight loss it's probably been the best decision I've ever made for myself. I've been able to maintain an 55lb loss, and the sleeve keeps my eating mostly in check, but that's not enough for me. I didn't go through months of pain and suffering only to lose 2 pants sizes and one shirt size.

I've been fatigued, depressed, and unmotivated for the past two years. Getting up in the morning took all the strength I had, and my joint and muscle pain never went away like my doctors had surmised. I had relationship problems, job problems, and turned back to the only friend that's consistently been there for me (food). Honestly, 2017 Coyote wasn't prepared for this surgery. I wasn't ready (or in the best state of mind) to put in the work.

I had labs done in January and my Iron and Vitamin-D2 levels were at critically low levels and I was prescribed Wellbutrin which was supposed to help with my weight loss. I have a new job, my relationship situation is improving, and I want to focus on myself again. I've opened a gym membership and I'm actually enrolling in therapy this time. I'm cooking meals at home and avoiding any food establishment with a drive-thru. I still feel like I've failed.

Sleevers, how can I climb back on that wagon when it feels like it's miles ahead of me and I'll never catch up?

Has anyone flubbed their weight loss but managed to get it together years later?

Desperately looking for answers,

Coyote

The only time you fail is when you stop trying and give up. We're all just imperfect hot messes on a journey. Right? So the first 2 weeks are the toughest as you're aware. You just commit. One day at a time. Choose life. Choose health. Choose joy. Choose happiness. Choose lightness. Choose success. Every day, get up. Look in the mirror and rechoose those things for the day. Don't look back. Morale rarely improves with beatings. But, once you log in a few days of healthy eating and see the scale start to move again, and start to feel more energy, it will feed itself and you will gain momentum.

You can do this! Log and post often. Log weigh and measure your food. Keep a MFP food diary. You can do this!!

WE CAN ALL GIVE YOU ALL THE RIGHT MOVES AND WAYS TO DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT WITH THAT SAID YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN USE THE ADVISE AND TOOLS FOR YOUR SUCCESS THERAPY AND THE GYM IS A GREAT START I NEVER FIGURED I WOULD SEEK COUNSELING AS A MAN THAT WAS VERY HARD FOR ME NOW I LOOK FORWARD TO OUR SESSIONS AS IT IS MAKING A BETTER ME , I FEEL YOU GET UP DUST OFF YOUR BOOTS AND GET BACK ON THE HORSE COUNT EVERYTHING THAT GOES IN YOUR MOUTH TAKE IT BACK TO BASICS 30 MIN OF EXERCISE DAILY AND EAT Protein AND Water LIMITED CALORIES AS IF WHEN YOU FIRST HAD SURGERY CHEERS AND WISHING YOU GREAT SUCCESS !!!!!

Thank you all so much!

I've been avoiding coming back here because I was afraid of people totally railing me for not sticking to the program... I don't do well with tough love! But I realized it's me that I've been afraid of. I've been my absolute worst enemy, and I constantly tell myself I'm worthless and knew I'd fail. I'd never let someone else treat me that way, so why I do I do this to myself? :1557_person_frowning_tone3:

Thanks to you all for your support. I'm officially heading back on track and I'm so excited about that. I went to the grocery store this afternoon and picked up so many bariatric-friendly foods and have started reading sleeve stories about failure and redemption. I know I can do it, and I think you all will start seeing me around here again. :)

Coyote

Edited by coyote

14 minutes ago, coyote said:

Thank you all so much!

I've been avoiding coming back here because I was afraid of people totally railing me for not sticking to the program... I don't do well with tough love! But I realized it's me that I've been afraid of. I've been my absolute worst enemy, and I constantly tell myself I'm worthless and knew I'd fail. I'd never let someone else treat me that way, so why I do I do this to myself? :1557_person_frowning_tone3:

Thanks to you all for your support. I'm officially heading back on track and I'm so excited about that. I went to the grocery store this afternoon and picked up so many bariatric-friendly foods and have started reading sleeve stories about failure and redemption. I know I can do it, and I think you all will start seeing me around here again. :)

Coyote

WELCOME HOME LETS MAKE IT VERY COMFORTABLE HERE FOR YOU AS I HAVE ALWAYS FELT GREAT GROUP OF POSITIVE PEOPLE WHO REALLY WISH THE BEST SUCCESS FOR YOU NEED SOMEONE TO CHAT WITH WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP US ALL SUCCEED AND BE THE BEST WE CAN BE (SOUNDS LIKE A COMMERCIAL ITS NOT ) STAY IN TOUCH AND KEEP MOVING FORWARD

Yay!!! Doooooo eeeettt!

you-can-do-eeeet.jpg.63b6583dc3f21216a3f023d9ab5ce5de.jpg