Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Post-Op

Today, I am one week post-op, I am losing my mind just drinking chicken broth, high Protein Ensure shakes and water/crystal light.

I’m driving my boyfriend crazy talking about how hungry I am, my hunger came back far quicker than I expected. I just feel like he does NOT understand how difficult this has been when you are used to eating anything and now your not able to do that.

Just feeling a little down today

Happy One Week to me!

Soon, you will gradually get to have real food and will feel better. I know how hard it is. My hunger came back day five and broth really helped to fill the hole in my stomach.

Full liquids and I was eating yogurt and that helped.

Good luck!

It's better once you get to soft foods, then solid foods. Your stomach knows when to quit eating and you don't get real hunger anymore.

I’m in the same boat! The sweet Protein Shakes ALL THE TIME were too much. I’ve discovered the absolute JOY of creamy Soup with unflavored Protein Powder added 👍🏼👍🏼

I am in the same boat as you are. you have no idea how much I can't wait for mashed potatoes when I can start the very soft foods next week.

I am already thinking about what I will have when I can start real food....

Grocery shopping yesterday was hell, the smell of that fried chicken in the deli.. but I was good, got Soup, yogurt, Jello and milk.

I'm right here with you guys at 8 days out. The hunger has been serious since day 3 and the sweet/milky Protein Shakes are driving me nuts at this point. I struggled yesterday with getting Protein in since I couldn't stand drinking one more shake. Today I forced myself to just get through them.

I also know I can't step into a grocery store right now without wanting to buy EVERYTHING, so I ordered a grocery delivery from Walmart online (including more clear protein drinks). Thank heavens for modern technology!

3 minutes ago, LaShunn said:

I tried cream Soup with unflavored Protein tonight & it was awesome.

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

What kind of unflavored Protein did you buy? My first try at it was some stuff I got from the hospital and I never want to taste what ever "unflavored" flavor that mess was again. 🤢

27 minutes ago, LaShunn said:

I have GENEPRO the approved ones on my list is pure Protein Powder, EAS complete Protein, vega one Protein, Bariatric Advantage protein & Optifast high protein. I didn't have my list with me so I asked the workers at GNC for assistance.

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you!!! I have GENEPRO on my approved list as well so I'll try that one first. With so many different choices it's just hard to know where to even start, so a good review is always useful!

Hi everyone I’m six weeks out and definitely try the sugar free Jello cold it saves me the first two weeks also I munch on ice then when you do soft foods .. eat mashed potatoes,, cream Soups, ,pudding ,, zero Greek yogurt ,, cottage cheese when you pass the soft foods and start eating my dr said I could have any fruit in between meals oranges and grapes, watermelon saved my cravings ... good luck