Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

Hehehehe
download.jpeg.d76530d62d08b26d74877ef29839ee77.jpeg
Bahahahaha [emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣

Don't make me laugh like that... hurts ma belly!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

#21. Visited my PCP yesterday, partly check-up, partly to discuss my I felt rotten treatment by those NP at OSU last Wednesday. He agrees I have not gone "wacky woo" so don't have To go out beating bushes to find a psychologist with Bariatric experience, thought it sounded dumb to be told to go bother my County Mental Health organization, shoot I'm not any risk to anyone else, and myself if I cakeep from starving to death because I'm not much interested in eating, hard to build up desire when you know 7 out of 10 times Precious Pouch is going to Reflux Puke it right back up! I've made a listofthings she WILL accept, if I don't stray too far from That, we get along fine. Just had a cup of Decaf Tetley tea, a little stevia in it, life is bitter enough to go without some sort of sweetening to it!
He says my latest ❤ scan turned out wonderful well, except for my murmer which must be functional because nothing abnormal showed up. Pointed out I have lost 37 pound since LateFebruary/ Early March. Surprised but pleased with that amount, going to give me a consult with local gastroenterologist, got some minor blips I think should be checked out, if I can't get past those obstructionist 2 N.P. to get to Dr Needleman, my surgeon, or Dr Noria, his Junior Partner, who does ALL my endoscopies, I will ask Bennie Upchurch MD here in town, should be callling today with an appointment time, if they don't within the next couple hours I will call them myself. Squeaky Wheels get greased sooner than ones that stay in one place. So in a way I am making lists, one of questions to ask him, one to use when I report in to Roy, my dietician, and another to ask Valerie, the senior NP at Needleman's office, rather his right- hand woman, mucho smarter than Thing#1,and Thing#2 that I encountered last week! Drat their little warped minds! Will it do any good? IDK but what do I have to lose by doing it?

May Day #19 (Sunday)

• Take a relaxing bath or shower: That's easy...I take a relaxing shower everyday. To the point that I think our Water bill suffers.
  • 15 pushups: Done. + 15 squats + 15 situps. Also, Mr. & I went for a 15km bike ride that morning/afternoon, he wanted to do 20km, but I was all, "No, it has to be 15 to match the 15 theme" LOL. Later, we had a cooking dinner date with some friends, which was really cool. We went to a cooking studio set up with a HUGE professional kitchen, and the instructors led us all through preparing/cooking a 4-course meal that we got to eat afterwards and served drinks. I didn't eat much of the finished products, but I really enjoyed the cooking/plating aspect of it, and of course the company. After we all went to a bar across the street for more drinks and watch the end of Game 3 between the Raptors and Bucks (that was a crazy game!) Finally, to top this day/night off, we went to our friends' home to watch the series finale of Game of Thrones that they recorded (I have mixed feelings about the episode, but that is for another forum, lol)

May Day #20 (Monday)

• Finish my to-do list: Made a conscious decision to do nothing today (see below)
  • No pushups/Rest: It was a stat holiday for us Canadians on Monday so a rest day seems fitting. Other than to the in-laws for lunch then chillax-ed at home for the rest of the day.

B-side: Is there a point in the day/week/month when you are truly hungrier?
If I had to say, I'm hungriest before my first meal of the day, and once I get that in, then it's all good.

May Day #21 (Today)

• Take up journaling: Um, no.
  • 16 pushups: Was late getting up this morning so didn't do my pushups for the day yet. Today is the inaugural afternoon yoga class at my client office so I'll get them done then. It's gonna be weird seeing my clients in athletic wear busting poses...

May Day #19 (Sunday)
  • Take a relaxing bath or shower: That's easy...I take a relaxing shower everyday. To the point that I think our Water bill suffers.
  • 15 pushups: Done. + 15 squats + 15 situps. Also, Mr. & I went for a 15km bike ride that morning/afternoon, he wanted to do 20km, but I was all, "No, it has to be 15 to match the 15 theme" LOL. Later, we had a cooking dinner date with some friends, which was really cool. We went to a cooking studio set up with a HUGE professional kitchen, and the instructors led us all through preparing/cooking a 4-course meal that we got to eat afterwards and served drinks. I didn't eat much of the finished products, but I really enjoyed the cooking/plating aspect of it, and of course the company. After we all went to a bar across the street for more drinks and watch the end of Game 3 between the Raptors and Bucks (that was a crazy game!) Finally, to top this day/night off, we went to our friends' home to watch the series finale of Game of Thrones that they recorded (I have mixed feelings about the episode, but that is for another forum, lol)
May Day #20 (Monday)
  • Finish my to-do list: Made a conscious decision to do nothing today (see below)
  • No pushups/Rest: It was a stat holiday for us Canadians on Monday so a rest day seems fitting. Other than to the in-laws for lunch then chillax-ed at home for the rest of the day.
B-side: Is there a point in the day/week/month when you are truly hungrier?
If I had to say, I'm hungriest before my first meal of the day, and once I get that in, then it's all good.
May Day #21 (Today)

• Take up journaling: Um, no.
  • 16 pushups: Was late getting up this morning so didn't do my pushups for the day yet. Today is the inaugural afternoon yoga class at my client office so I'll get them done then. It's gonna be weird seeing my clients in athletic wear busting poses...
That cooking class date would be a dream date for me! So fun!

Sadly not for my hubs...

21. 17 pushups - check. Journaling...not happening. I've gone through phases with that but it's been a very long time since I've done it because I want to. Um, B-side: I'm currently reading Tara Brach's 'True Refuge: Finding Peace and Freedom in Your Own Awakened Heart' among other things.

22 hours ago, MrsGamgee said:

That cooking class date would be a dream date for me! So fun!

Sadly not for my hubs...

It was really cool. We are planning to go again, but sans husbands, gonna make it a girls night the next time ;)

Day 22 - get dressed up? Lol! Yoga pants and tshirt again today. Lucky I'm wearing a bra. The best in surgical recovery chic!

May Day # 22

• Get dressed up: I've actually been getting "dressed up" every workday for about a month now. I normally work from home and live in jeans and yoga pants, so going to client site forces me clean up a little weekday mornings, LOL. It's all good though, cuz now I have an excuse to wear heels.
  • 17 pushups: Done. + 17 squats + 17 situps

And I was mentioning on another thread about getting dressed up, forgot it was the THEME for today!

22. Yes to 17 push-ups. Hmmm, get dressed up? Well I dress for work five days a week and that's really the best I can do at the moment. And, I was just realizing as I type this, that I don't believe I have anything more dressy at this point in my weight loss journey. I got rid of the dress I wore to a wedding last year during one of my recent closet purges. I hope I don't need anything dressy for a while (until maintenance) because who wants to spend money on something you wear once?

Edited by seaforest

15 minutes ago, seaforest said:

22. Yes to 17 push-ups. Hmmm, get dressed up? Well I dress for work five days a week and that's really the best I can do at the moment. And, I was just realizing as I type this, that I don't believe I have anything more dressy at this point in my weight loss journey. I got rid of the dress I wore to a wedding last year during one of my recent closet purges. I hope I don't need anything dressy for a while (until maintenance) because who wants to spend money on something you wear once?

I hear ya. I have 2 weddings to go to in the next month and don't want to buy anything for the exact reason you stated. Im hoping i’ll be able to borrow something from someone or find a super deal sale item...

I kind of got dressed up. We went to a Thai restaurant tonight, my clothes were clean, I matched, wore makeup and jewelry! The chicken was a little dry so I have heartburn tonight. First time I have dealt with this in months.

Went to the gym again today and lived to tell about it. Tomorrow is my 9 month follow up. I screwed up last week and showed up 8 days early.

I promised myself I wouldn’t write anything on here, but... oh well. I started out my May challenge with the best of intentions and good motivation. Maybe lasted a day. I am truly in a depression right now having the biggest pity party. I’m almost 5 months out. I had lost 40 pounds at 3 months and have only only lost 8 lbs in the last 2 months. And yes, I stick to plan, drink my Water, and get my Protein in. I’m just here. That’s it. And I hate feeling this way. Sorry to unload.

My massive drop after my PICC line was removed, was in March my 6th month! I believe your drop also will happen#