Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

23 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Sitting out on the beach with a Margarita---that count's right?

Day 2 and no junk food for me--also added coffee creamer to the list of no-go items for the 10 days, since that more than any candy, Pasta, or bread is my true weakness. No if someone would just wrestle these Brazil nuts from me, I might lose some weight! :)

I use 3 tablespoons of sugar free vanilla coffee creamer a day. It’s 45 calories and 4 carbs and it keeps me sane. I have been swapping it out with vanilla Protein Shake recently, I’ll probably continue to mix it up. I count and measure everything so I’m sure 45 calories is fine for me. Have you tried using a Protein shake?

May should be a good month once the weather warms up a bit here, I’m looking forward to getting outside more.

Went to the gym today, personal trainer started suggested I hold off on push ups for now (shoulder issue) and added some upper body stuff to my workout.

I wish I was artistic! Maybe I’ll zone out and open my coloring book tonight.

Joining the May challenge!

20 months post op

Starting weight: 94.4kg (209 lbs)

Goal:

- reestablish heathy habits after regain

- Protein, protein, protein

- low carb

Not sure if I should include a weight loss goal, I just dropped 5kg (11 lbs) in one week, so I’m not sure what my body can realistically do this month. Would like to lose 4kg (10lbs) but we will see! That would get me back to Onederland!

Happy Friday!!!!

Yesterday was a bit of a bust on the yoga front, I had a psych appointment and got some pretty upsetting news about a friend. So yesterday I wallowed in self-pity and impulse purchased stickers from Walmart, target AND cvs to make myself feel better.

So, tonight I'm going to yoga before going to see La Llorona tonight with friends. And tomorrow is a concert my chosen brother and I are taking a road trip to Boston to go see. I'm very excited; the last time I saw the band I was at my heaviest weight. One of their songs from the last album says "nothing will change if you never choose", and that's what I wrote on all my pre-op paperwork to motivate myself. So getting to see them again with their new album, with my new lifestyle is super exciting. (it's Mariana's Trench if anyone cares. lol)

Yesterday I also hit my Protein goals and actually never felt sick once, so that's awesome! Still being gentle with myself, still focusing on softer food since I threw up the other day. Everyone's art looks awesome!

1 hour ago, BeanieSprouts said:

Happy Friday!!!!

Yesterday was a bit of a bust on the yoga front, I had a psych appointment and got some pretty upsetting news about a friend. So yesterday I wallowed in self-pity and impulse purchased stickers from Walmart, target AND cvs to make myself feel better.

So, tonight I'm going to yoga before going to see La Llorona tonight with friends. And tomorrow is a concert my chosen brother and I are taking a road trip to Boston to go see. I'm very excited; the last time I saw the band I was at my heaviest weight. One of their songs from the last album says "nothing will change if you never choose", and that's what I wrote on all my pre-op paperwork to motivate myself. So getting to see them again with their new album, with my new lifestyle is super exciting. (it's Mariana's Trench if anyone cares. lol)

Yesterday I also hit my Protein goals and actually never felt sick once, so that's awesome! Still being gentle with myself, still focusing on softer food since I threw up the other day. Everyone's art looks awesome!

🔥HAPPY FRIDAY AND ENJOY THE CONCERT🔥

3. I am going to claim that the instructor for this course is the performance as well as the demonstrations that I am watching today. Otherwise all good. Happy Friday.

Happy Friday everyone!
Well no rest day, no performance for me.
It was up early, off to Pilates, and now grabbing lunch before showering and heading off for a 10hr shift later.
I’m thankfully off work tomorrow so that will be my rest day after I go to support group in the morning.

Day 3 - watch a performance? Not really any opportunity for that today. But my husband and I have been rewatching GoT past seasons (yes we're watching the new season too), so I'm going to count that this evening.

Other than that things have been a bit stressful... my trusty laptop gave up the ghost yesterday. We're still helpful that we'll be able to salvage my hard drive (all my writing, pictures, lesson plans for a class I lead at church), but I'm very bummed. I have limited back ups of stuff because I'm an idiot. And add to that, McD's messed up my once-a-week coffee (2 sugar rather than 2 splenda) and I drank it all before I noticed so now I'm feeling completely gross (blood sugars spiked).

Other than a nice 3lb loss when I weighed this a.m., it's been a rough 24 hours.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

4 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Day 3 - watch a performance? Not really any opportunity for that today. But my husband and I have been rewatching GoT past seasons (yes we're watching the new season too), so I'm going to count that this evening.

Other than that things have been a bit stressful... my trusty laptop gave up the ghost yesterday. We're still helpful that we'll be able to salvage my hard drive (all my writing, pictures, lesson plans for a class I lead at church), but I'm very bummed. I have limited back ups of stuff because I'm an idiot. And add to that, McD's messed up my once-a-week coffee (2 sugar rather than 2 splenda) and I drank it all before I noticed so now I'm feeling completely gross (blood sugars spiked).

Other than a nice 3lb loss when I weighed this a.m., it's been a rough 24 hours.

*Breathe deeply*

giphy (9).gif

On 05/03/2019 at 12:15, GreenTealael said:

*Breathe deeply*

giphy (9).gif

🤣🤣🤣

Just 2 more days til the next episode!!!

Day 4 - have an early night

Normally I'd giggle a bit at this, because a normal night means I'm in bed by 9:30. Any earlier and I'd be in the same bedtime range as my wee-lings (they do go to bed earlier than 9, but they rarely are asleep much before then).

All that said, I probably could go to bed earlier tonight as my darling husband's snoring was particularly loud last night so I was up half the night.

1 of 3 walking workouts done, along with my push ups. I do wall push ups, and every day I've been inching my way down the wall to increase the angle and difficulty.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:04 AM, Sheribear68 said:

Day 2 of challenge.

Got a smidge of outside time, but it was cold and rainy most of the day.
Got my 5 non-modified pushups done for yesterday and today.
I’m very artistically challenged, but I drew a picture with May goals.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

I love this!!! And while we’re creating it we’re thinkong about our goals and how far we’ve already come! Wtg 😍

Woot, so excited about today's challenge -- go to bed early! It's a rainy and thundery day here today, so I am looking forward to snuggling in bed with The Goblin Emperor and having an early night.