Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

7 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Day 2 - Make some art. My creativity takes two directions... cooking for my family (thankfully the wee-lings are adventurous eaters) and writing. I'm planning on a bit of both today. Making a casserole for the freezer for post op and I'm going to do a little work on my romance novel that I've been plugging away at since last fall.

5 push ups and one (of three) walking workout done.

The attached is the view out our bedroom window at 2am. I'm quite ready for this nonsense to stop.

20190502_015116.jpg

It's beautiful. I can say that since I don't live there!

17 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question: Favorite outdoor activities?

Camping and hiking, for sure!! I also really love bonfires, just ones that don't involve food because the idea of a bear coming to find me isn't fun. I grew up in an area where there were bears like...everywhere. So it's always been an actual concern. lol.

Day 2 of challenge.

Got a smidge of outside time, but it was cold and rainy most of the day.
Got my 5 non-modified pushups done for yesterday and today.
I’m very artistically challenged, but I drew a picture with May goals.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

17 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm not an outdoorsy type of person, but I do love being with my extended family around a firepit, telling silly stories and laughing until my cheeks hurt. Hopefully the weather will smarten up because we have a big family event planned for the Mother's Day weekend (MIL's 80th bday).

8 minutes ago, BeanieSprouts said:

Camping and hiking, for sure!! I also really love bonfires, just ones that don't involve food because the idea of a bear coming to find me isn't fun. I grew up in an area where there were bears like...everywhere. So it's always been an actual concern. lol.

I'm not into camping... I'll go out to a campsite for the day to hang out with my family, but then I like to head home, sleep in my own bed, and have a nice hot shower to wash off the campfire smell :). As for bears, I hear ya... bears and mountain lions are always a possibility if we head an hour or two west. Although, my scariest camping experience was an 8yo, I was trapped in a campground outhouse by a flock of wild turkeys, with my little sister who was terrified of the outhouse. Very traumatic 🤣

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

❤ Good Morning Bellas! ❤

I think May is going to be fantastic! Who else feels a small shift/change? Is it spring fever?

I agree. I have a good feeling about this month. Work is really busy and my class is wrapping up in a few weeks but I have a good feeling that nicer weather and sunshine are going to inspire a good wellness routine.

On 05/02/2019 at 10:10, MrsGamgee said:

I'm not into camping... I'll go out to a campsite for the day to hang out with my family, but then I like to head home, sleep in my own bed, and have a nice hot shower to wash off the campfire smell :). As for bears, I hear ya... bears and mountain lions are always a possibility if we head an hour or two west. Although, my scariest camping experience was an 8yo, I was trapped in a campground outhouse by a flock of wild turkeys, with my little sister who was terrified of the outhouse. Very traumatic 🤣

Agreed with this.
I’m more of a glamping gal. If there isn’t a hot shower and comfy bed at the end of the day, I’m not truly enjoying myself.

Hi everyone
I had surgery yesterday beginning weight 275
Goal 130-140
I am 4ft 8
So I’m very round.
I love the belly elastic thing that goes after surgery
I’m recovering ok
Gas bubbles on right side. But if I sip Water. Then use the spirometer I burp Yeah. Keeping water down so a little while ago I was handed a shake. 1 ounce Protein Shake every other 1/2 hour. Water the other 1/2 hour
Peeing a lot. Nothing from the other side
Meanwhile. My blood pressure is through the roof. 190/175. On pain meds every 4 hours and meds once they get here
I lobe Bristol hospital

Remember your nurses this week. As it’s national nurse week :)

18 minutes ago, somegal said:

Hi everyone
I had surgery yesterday beginning weight 275
Goal 130-140
I am 4ft 8
So I’m very round.
I love the belly elastic thing that goes after surgery
I’m recovering ok
Gas bubbles on right side. But if I sip Water. Then use the spirometer I burp Yeah. Keeping Water down so a little while ago I was handed a shake. 1 ounce Protein Shake every other 1/2 hour. Water the other 1/2 hour
Peeing a lot. Nothing from the other side
Meanwhile. My blood pressure is through the roof. 190/175. On pain meds every 4 hours and meds once they get here
I lobe Bristol hospital

Remember your nurses this week. As it’s national nurse week :)

💜Congratulations on a safe surgery💜

This is challenge thread (in case you mistakenly posted to the wrong place) here's a regular support thread

Edited by GreenTealael

Hello,

I did my push-ups for the day. I also just did some doodling but I might try to work with a sketch pad when I get home...but I might just fall into bed as I have an early start tomorrow. That's a puzzle for me, I'll be at a training for the next three days and I've been trying to figure out my meals...what to pack, how to pack it, and still stay on target. I did end up touring the garden a few times last night and I did a mad dash to the gym when one of my appointments didn't show up. I was so grumpy at not getting to the gym yesterday morning! So, I'm planning on using the lunch breaks to hit the gym the next two days since we're going to have 1.5 hours free.

B-side: What's not to love outside? I love swimming, kayaking, walking, and hiking. I would love to start playing tennis again or maybe try pickle ball. But one of my top favorite things to do is sit on my deck and watch nature and my pets play.

VSG 11/2017 almost 1.5 yrs post op

154 lbs BMI 27 Maintenance (maybe)

Goal is to DILIGENTLY track food in MFP this month and *lose 5 lbs*

(Not *really* interested in losing 5lbs this month alone but one of my major long term goals is to lose 1 additional lb a year and keep it off for life so I automatically add a loss goal in every month for good measure)

May 1 & 2:

Went outside although the weather was not favourable. Searching for birthday gift for new boyfriend. Daunting task.

Made a small quick illustration of us

20190502_150619.jpg

5 hours ago, MrsGamgee said:

The attached is the view out our bedroom window at 2am. I'm quite ready for this nonsense to stop.

20190502_015116.jpg

What the...?? You still have SNOW??

What the...?? You still have SNOW??
I live in central Alberta. I've seen snow in every month except July (and I'm sure it snows in the mountains in July). Less than a week ago we were using the bbq and my wee-lings were wearing shorts and tshirts to school. Spring and fall are fickle... We don't plant our gardens until after the Victoria Day weekend. :)

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

22 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Sitting out on the beach with a Margarita---that count's right?

Day 2 and no junk food for me--also added coffee creamer to the list of no-go items for the 10 days, since that more than any candy, Pasta, or bread is my true weakness. No if someone would just wrestle these Brazil nuts from me, I might lose some weight! :)