Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

My goal for May. Lose 5 pounds which would put me at 144. I am simply a slow loser so I have to set realistic goals. Workout at the gym a minimum of 3 days a week however workout 5-6 days a week.

Keep my calories under 800. I don’t eat anything on that list specifically but I do have sugar free pudding, crackers and low carb tortillas on occasion. I’ll decide later if I’m going to cut those out for 10 days.

I have my 9 month follow up later this month and my recent bloodwork all came back great.

Today is my 6 month "surgiversary". I guess I am officially a sophomore.

HW: 286, CW: 190, GW: 140. 96lbs down in 6 months, 50 more to go.

My goal is to lose 7-10lbs in May to keep on track with hitting my goal weight by end of November (13 mos post op). Also going to try to exercise one additional day per week.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

17 hours ago, thatch said:

I am so in for May!

Current weight: 172

Surgical status: 10 months post-sleeve

Personal goals: Get to 165 this month! Find a new hobby. Increase daily walking to 15,000 steps.

may.gif

🙌🙌💃😍💃🙌🙌

I’m in.
Staring Weight 224
Goals: Loose 12 pounds by May 31
Bump up the workout routine with at least 2 days of strength training and 3 days of 30+ minutes of cardio.

Day 1: Go outside. I went for a run this morning.

Off to a good start today. scale was at 184.6 this morning. Only 1.6 pounds to go to make it to my May 7 goal of 183.

Day 1 of the no junk food challenge---heaven help me!

Yay, May!

VSG, 6 months post op, still losing...

May 1st weight: 136.5 lbs (BMI 25.1)

May Goals:

1. Get to into the 120's which would:
    • put me into the "normal" BMI range (135.8 lbs)
    • get me to 100 lbs total loss since October (135.0 lbs)
    • get me to the weight that I was when me and Mr. first met 22 years ago (128.0 lbs)
  2. Add another 30 mins to my daily hourly exercise routine 3 times a week. Preferably some sort of strength training, but I won't fret if it's just more cardio.
  3. Do not miss a day of the push up challenge.

👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼 On that note...Day 1, 5 push ups: Done! (FULL DISCLOUSURE: I did them on my knees, I need some more upper body strength!!!)

Edited by ms.sss

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥Woah🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

▶▶This is a red hot start to the month◀◀

It's a bit chilly outside today (spring cold snap complete with a blizzard a couple of days ago) but I'm going to drag myself out there anyway. As for the push ups, I hope wall push ups count, because that's all I can do right now. And nothing on the junk food list is on my pre-op diet, so they have been banished from my life. :)

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

HAPPY MAY Y'ALL!!!

I started my goals early yesterday, until I decided that I would try a mango for the first time since surgery and proceeded to...just...throw up. 😵 I have a very picky sleeve (Tiny Tum, like Tiny Tim....get it? My brothers thought it was VERY funny) so that's not unusual, but not exactly the way I wanted to start the 14th month after surgery. lol.

Each time I get sick, I go right back to basics. So today it's just Protein Shakes, Jello and MAYBE a yogurt if I feel up to it tomorrow. I try and be gentle on myself because these things happen and the last thing Tiny Tum needs is me shoving 3 oz of chicken down my throat. lol.

I also did 15 minutes of yoga, which I got the clear from my physical therapist for just on Friday. I hurt my hip in late March and they said "NO EXERCISE. NO WALKING NO YOGA" So getting back into it, I know I'm not going to be where I was. At least I'm not the 28-year-old doing PT with the old biddies who hurt their hips too, tho. (not that I have anything against old biddies, I self-identify as an old biddy myself. Gimme the housecoats and roller sets.)

I'm in. Almost 10 months post-op. Plan on trying the Push-up challenge. Starting the month out at 184.

IN!!!

A week away from 3 months PO

May goals:

1. Drop down into the 180’s.

April 30th weight: 199.8 (barely squeaked my goal for April of hitting ONEderland)
Should be doable since it’s “only” 10 pounds. I’ve been a slow but steady loser so far so fingers crossed I don’t hit any stalls this month.

2. Try out a Pilates 1.5 class.
So far I’ve gone from struggling like the dickens to keep up to almost being able to do everything in the level 1 classes and I’m going to work up the courage to try out a 1.5. It’s all about getting out of your comfort zone and if we don’t do that, we don’t grow.
3. Self care.
Some weeks I’m good at this, some weeks..... meh.
Later today I’m going to pencil in meditation time and write in a bedtime and set my alarm every day for sleep. Going to do this for the entire month.
I’m also going to schedule a cut and color and pedicure for later this month.

I'm in.

I'm closing in on 5 months post-op.

Goals are:

- Keep losing. I was down about 7 lbs this past month. I hope to meet and exceed that for this month.

- Keep up with my exercise routine.

- Spend more time outside

Ok, I did 5 modified push-ups. So, I'll continue with that as well. If it's still dry this evening, I will take the dogs for an outing so we can all get some exercise today or we can play in the yard if need be. I didn't get to go to the gym this morning because of a Dr. appointment - blegh - so I'm craving some endorphins. So, I will get some outside time and exercise one way or the other.

Woot, I did 5 regular push-ups! My form sucked I'm sure but I made it! 😎 Heading outside this evening for a walk.

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

Team: Modify the push ups any way you like!!!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥