Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?



Recommended Posts

I'm officially only "Overweight"! No more "Obese. (Per the CDC BMI calculator, not the one on the tracker).

HW: 238

SW: 226.2

CW: 170

GW: 145

Only 25 lbs to go!

Edited by apiane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, apiane said:

I'm officially only "Overweight"! No more "Obese. (Per the CDC BMI calculator, not the one on the tracker).

HW: 238

SW: 226.2

CW: 170

GW: 145

Only 25 lbs to go!

Such an amazing victory! Super proud of my August people! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you workout do you guys have something to eat or have a shake before a high intensity workout?

I been going to a high intensity workout weight lifting/ cardio class twice already and find my self needing to step out due being light headed and almost once falling over. When I get into a workout I notice I don’t listen to my body until something like this happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HipHopDiva said:

@Bastian I'm 3 months(August 27th) out & only can get in between 350-500 calories a day. I can barely complete a meal & it still takes me 30-40 minutes to eat a 5.3oz yogurt. My dietitian told me that this calorie amount is fine but try to get in as much Protein dense foods as possible & keep my liquid intake close to or at 64 ozs. When I get full - STOP EATING! She said this is the crucial stage for my new pouch & over eating is not good therefore trying to get in 800-900 calories is not the goal she wants for me right now. So I am listening to my body, eating high quality Protein meals and getting in the Water.< a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/20191211_090713.jpg.1790c94141916669d23315d38bc25cde.jpg" data-fileid="97296" rel="">20191211_090713.thumb.jpg.ca87fe842bd1571f9f2dd17158c7310d.jpg Start Weight(SW) - 215 Surgery Weight(SW) - 198 Current Weight(CW) - 165 Goal Weight(GW) - 145

yep exactly the same mine told me, LOOKING GOOD by the way lady :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm officially only "Overweight"! No more "Obese. (Per the CDC BMI calculator, not the one on the tracker).
HW: 238
SW: 226.2
CW: 170
GW: 145
Only 25 lbs to go!
Congratulations!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji176][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:

It depends on your team. Everyone is told something different. I was told by my surgeon that 600 - 800 is good right now but my dietitian told me she wants to try reaching that 1000 calorie mark. As long as you're eating what you're suppose to and stopping when full you should be fine.

Thank you MarvelGirl. That’s what I’m doing , and was just hoping I was doing it right , so thank you. for putting my mind at rest 😊I don’t see how we can increase the calories if we’re stopping when we’re full, if I tried to eat more I’d be ill!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PEGGO said:

Thank you MarvelGirl. That’s what I’m doing , and was just hoping I was doing it right , so thank you. for putting my mind at rest 😊I don’t see how we can increase the calories if we’re stopping when we’re full, if I tried to eat more I’d be ill!

No problem! :) I would think the only way would be eating foods high in Protein and calories like ground beef or any beef really. I know what you mean though, its tough!

On a side note, I cant wait to see all my august people get to their goal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2019 at 6:56 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:

No problem! :) I would think the only way would be eating foods high in Protein and calories like ground beef or any beef really. I know what you mean though, its tough!

On a side note, I cant wait to see all my august people get to their goal!

Thanks MarvelGirl, more beef it is then !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, HipHopDiva said:

@Bastian I'm 3 months(August 27th) out & only can get in between 350-500 calories a day. I can barely complete a meal & it still takes me 30-40 minutes to eat a 5.3oz yogurt. My dietitian told me that this calorie amount is fine but try to get in as much Protein dense foods as possible & keep my liquid intake close to or at 64 ozs. When I get full - STOP EATING! She said this is the crucial stage for my new pouch & over eating is not good therefore trying to get in 800-900 calories is not the goal she wants for me right now. So I am listening to my body, eating high quality Protein meals and getting in the Water.< a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/20191211_090713.jpg.1790c94141916669d23315d38bc25cde.jpg" data-fileid="97296" rel="">20191211_090713.thumb.jpg.ca87fe842bd1571f9f2dd17158c7310d.jpg Start Weight(SW) - 215 Surgery Weight(SW) - 198 Current Weight(CW) - 165 Goal Weight(GW) - 145

Wow that sounds like me in the first 2-3 weeks, not 3 months. By 4-5 weeks I could eat a yogurt in a few minutes. I think it's a good thing though? You'll probably be in the top percentage of weight loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1
On 12/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:
On 12/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:

It sounds like you're doing good but If your scared about hitting over 1000 calories I would replace items such as the string cheese with some kind of dense Protein meal since its more filling. :)

Is it meal ideas you're struggling with?

It's meal ideas, and also the concept of cooking in general. I used to like cooking, but now I wonder what the point is.

I'm also worried about eating too much, so I stick to "safe" foods.

Edited by mr.sean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2019 at 10:59 PM, mr.sean said:

It's meal ideas, and also the concept of cooking in general. I used to like cooking, but now I wonder what the point is.

I'm also worried about eating too much, so I stick to "safe" foods.

What types of dishes have you been making? Maybe we can give you ideas :) Ive always loved cooking but I will say that after surgery I love it even more. Ive found it fun and interesting to take meals I love and make them into a healthier version. Every Sunday I plan what I'm going to eat that week and stick to it. I do have days where Im hungrier than usual so what Ill do is have more Fluid or some kind of dense Protein like tuna. When I meet my protein goal Ill usually have a 1/2 cup of cherios if Im hungry.

I think fear of eating too much is normal. Its something that I think about 24/7 but I found it helpful to track every bite so that I know how much I'm eating and if in reality I'm overdoing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On 12/16/2019 at 3:52 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:

What types of dishes have you been making? Maybe we can give you ideas :) Ive always loved cooking but I will say that after surgery I love it even more. Ive found it fun and interesting to take meals I love and make them into a healthier version. Every Sunday I plan what I'm going to eat that week and stick to it. I do have days where Im hungrier than usual so what Ill do is have more Fluid or some kind of dense Protein like tuna. When I meet my Protein goal Ill usually have a 1/2 cup of cherios if Im hungry.

I think fear of eating too much is normal. Its something that I think about 24/7 but I found it helpful to track every bite so that I know how much I'm eating and if in reality I'm overdoing it.

I definitely could be more positive about it, like you are. I'm still getting used to how much I can eat, but I've finally started cooking in smaller quantities so I'm not throwing away a lot of leftovers.

My issue is more: Why spend a lot of time and effort on making this meal when I'll probably be full after 6 bites?

Edited by mr.sean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking in, about 20 weeks post-op!

Weight loss has slowed to about 0.5 - 1 lb per week, and some of my binge-eating habits have returned, but in smaller quantities. So I don't think it's technically binge-eating. I'm talking eating shredded cheese out of the bad, eating Peanut Butter out of the jar, eating like 4 string cheese instead of 1. I'm sure that's making the calories add up and contributing to the slowing weight loss. It's not hard to overeat soft, high-fat foods like that. I still can't binge-eat anything high in carbs, thankfully.

This happening because I'm feeling very hungry again, especially at night. It's very discouraging because I was told the surgery would dramatically reduce the ghrelin hormone production in my stomach. It seems to have come back with a vengeance. I eat when I'm hungry, and then I fill up quickly, but then I start feeling hungry again when my stomach empties. This is not what I thought was supposed to happen.

I'm feeling very jealous of all the people who lost 75%+ of their excess weight in the first 6 months, because I'll be lucky to hit 50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • MissPennyP

      I’m confused 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      6 Weeks Post Op!

      My world is drastically different! I now walk 3 to 4 miles a day and I’m constantly getting up to move my body! .

      I close my Apple Watch rings daily and about 4 to 6 days a week I double or triple them!

      I have been released to have all foods. When I reintroduce some I need to start at 1 ounce to see how “Tiny Tummy” likes it!

      I am not reintroducing sugars, coffee or junk! I did not pay close to $13,000 to fail! .

      I went to get follow up bloodwork done this week and my numbers are all in the perfect range! .

      This is my new world and I am happy it!

      · 3 replies
      1. Poergierm

        http://oddershedelorentzen42.xtgem.com/

      2. Niz

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/proton-pack-storage-rack.html

      3. Arabesque

        Congratulations. It’s a great feeling when the weight disappears & you can start to do so much more. 😁

    • ms.sss

      @DaisyChainOz, @Arabesque ... am totally thinking of both of you this very moment as I watch the final set of the Millman-Federer match at the AO... I am riveted and literally screaming at the TV...
      · 3 replies
      1. ms.sss

        BEST. TIEBREAK. EVER.

      2. DaisyChainOz

        haha unfortunately I missed it! Glad you enjoyed though :D

      3. Arabesque

        I didn’t see it either but I wish I had now for both the battle on court & the ball tampering accusations flying around everywhere now.

    • OutbackJo

      Has anyone had a gastric sleeve revision? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mousiana

      Hate thinking about foods I used to love... Burgers & wings. Gotta stay focused. 😤
      · 2 replies
      1. WilliamZef

        https://gayxxx24.com - GayXXX Free Gay Porn Movies & Videos Free Gay XXX - Gay XXX.

      2. Lyndor

        Think about all you will gain. Seriously, nothing is better than my size 4 jeans!

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×