Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

13 hours ago, ahillig said:

Which Vitamin are you taking? I'm taking the chewable Celebrate Vitamins and I eat it along with my Breakfast everyday after breaking it up into 3-4 chunks. If I ate it all it once it was terrible to actually eat Breakfast.

I'm taking the ProCare Multivitamin plus Iron chewable. I have an order of Celebrate chewables and celebrate capsules coming soon. My doctor said I can switch to capsules in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, PEGGO said:

That’s good . You must have been relieved . I have just been given anti biotics and was a bit nervous of taking them, but checked there was no sugar etc. so far after the first one , no side effects . I didn’t think to ask my doctor if it would be ok - like normal people would ! Hope you can keep taking your Vitamins with no problems now .Keep us. posted 😊

Oh yea i was! I had a rough recovery so Im glad this is starting to work out fine. Hope there are no side effects with your medication either! Good luck ;)

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Oh yea i was! I had a rough recovery so Im glad this is starting to work out fine. Hope there are no side effects with your medication either! Good luck ;)

Good luck to you too . After having a rough recovery , it sounds like you deserve something good to happen . Please let me know how it goes for you 😊

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

So the reason I choose 8-2-19
Was because I'm an out doors kinda guy.. I love my fishing and taking dips in the lake.. my son turns 2 in April and I want to enjoy his day.. If I do it early I feel like I would get dehydrated with this central California heat and get to miss out on a lot of fishing and swimming with my little oneScreenshot_20190428-164016.thumb.jpeg.a9e3ecb77bf276b317629683e46d1a35.jpeg 20190331_142640.thumb.jpeg.a42e5fefd12ea9836f4b9e37a9f3f46e.jpeg
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Sleeved Aug 27th :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Aug. 8th

20 hours ago, Bammie said:

Aug. 8th

Awesome! How are you doing so far?

My loose, sagging pants and billowy, too-big dress shirts are making me anxious. I'm going to DXL to buy a couple smaller shirts and some pants and jeans, but I'm also pissed because they'll probably only fit me for a few weeks.

Edited by mr.sean

You might feel like you're becoming one- half the man you used to be, but to Us YOU have become twice as WONDERFUL- an Inspiration and a Good Friend. Congratulations on becoming Smaller and May it Continue until You Do Reach YOUR GOAL!

I can really appreciate your situation. In the 28 months prior to my surgery, I managed to lose 35 pounds on my own through diet and exercise, steady but oh so slow.

On 8/21/29 I had my gastric sleeve surgery and have lost 36 pounds in a month! Fortunately for me, I live in a very rural area and so always ordered my clothes online. I had a bad habit of not returning clothes that were too tight. They would get shoved to the back of the closet. I found two pairs of jeans and a half dozen blouses that are brand new and fit me perfectly now!

I am really trying to hold off buying any new clothes until I get closer to my goal weight before buying any new clothes.

This may seem silly to others but I am breathless with anticipation to see something in a local department store and be able to buy it right there in the store.

I'm thankful that I have clothes left from when I lost a bunch of weight a couple years ago so I still have some smaller sizes. What is going to get expensive for me is buying scrubs and tactical pants. I'm a nurse and paramedic so I have two uniforms to buy for. Unfortunately, my hospital doesn't have a uniform allowance and we're allowed to wear whatever we want and we don't have access to hospital laundered scrubs. As for my tactical pants, I have one pair that fits now, and I have a smaller pair that should carry me through the rest of the year with a belt. I know I'll have to buy jeans here soon but I'm waiting for a decent sale at Old Navy.

On 9/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, mr.sean said:

My loose, sagging pants and billowy, too-big dress shirts are making me anxious. I'm going to DXL to buy a couple smaller shirts and some pants and jeans, but I'm also pissed because they'll probably only fit me for a few weeks.

This is why I am learning to sew at the moment so I can take my clothes in!! :D

3 hours ago, ahillig said:

I'm thankful that I have clothes left from when I lost a bunch of weight a couple years ago so I still have some smaller sizes. What is going to get expensive for me is buying scrubs and tactical pants. I'm a nurse and paramedic so I have two uniforms to buy for. Unfortunately, my hospital doesn't have a uniform allowance and we're allowed to wear whatever we want and we don't have access to hospital laundered scrubs. As for my tactical pants, I have one pair that fits now, and I have a smaller pair that should carry me through the rest of the year with a belt. I know I'll have to buy jeans here soon but I'm waiting for a decent sale at Old Navy.

Dickies makes a tactical pant with an elastic waist. Don't laugh.. My dickies have outlasted any pair of 511's I have owned. And you can buy a set of scrubs at Walmart for 10 bucks.

Hi all, just wanted to check in, I have officially lost 50# since the start of this journey, some prior to the pre-op diet, some on the pre-op diet and some after, but I am so glad to see it coming off! I hit a stall believe it or not at 2 weeks post op, I wanted to scream, but even thought the scale was not moving I was able to fit into some clothes I had not worn in quite a while so I knew I was still shrinking :) My surgery was August 26th and I am so looking forward to the next 20 lost to get me into the 100's :)

Hello my August Sibs!!

I also hit a stall at week 4 and 5 and much as I knew this and even expected it, it can be so disconcerting!!! But sure enough between Friday and this morning (I'm a weekly weigher but got on the scale this am for no reason) and I'd lost 4lbs!!!!! For a 27lbs lost since surgery! I'm in the 180s and I tell you it's been a while and puts some pep in my step!!
I'm officially 6 weeks and was at the gym this am for spin and muscle classes and my energy is through the roof!!!

I hope you are all doing fantastic and please share your peaks and valleys!!🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats guys! I'm glad everyone is doing so good with their weight loss! I finally broke my stall and lost about 2 pounds.... thank god because it was going on for a little over 3 weeks. I'm hoping I can start working out soon :)

Im not even close to hitting my goal weight yet but I already feel so good. My clothes are a little looser, I'm more positive, and I just feel good about myself.