Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

I was running behind schedule and was afraid I was going to be late to my post op appointment. I arrived five minutes before my appointment. I advised the medical assistant that my blood pressure was probably goin g to be through the roof. She took my blood pressure and it was 103/71. I have never, ever had a blood pressure reading that low. I am on three blood pressure medications. I have been monitoring my BP all week and they are consistently in the one hundred over high sixties or low seventies. I had heard that many people stopped meds after surgery but I was never expecting it to happen so fast.
I had anticipated having my surgery in February but some unforeseen circumstances caused me to have to wait and I did not have my surgery until August 19th. My last visit with my PCP I had managed to lose 27 pounds. At my pre-op appointment had managed to lose another 8 pounds. Then with the two weeks of pre-surgical liquid diet and the two weeks of post surgical liquid diet, I have lost a total of 67 pounds. I haven't been this light in at least 25 years!
Today for the first time since my surgery, I was able to ride my recumbent bike for a full thirty minutes. It is amazing to me that I feel so wonderful after such a short recovery period.

Congratulations!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] So so happy for you! Many more amazing feats!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

22 days post-op! Eating soft solids has been fine, but I still struggle with fluids. The feeling of the liquid hitting my stomach pouch and very unpleasant and causes a feeling of uncomfortable fullness and nausea. I'm averaging 48oz/day though, so I'm only a little dehydrated. Trying to get to 64oz is challenging. I do great with the sugar-free popsicles, but I can't eat 16 of those per day.

Also, the area around my large incision where they took out the stomach is starting to sting again, sometimes intensely if I twist or bend a certain way. It feels like it's just the skin and muscle, so I'm not worried. It's just annoying because I had like a week with no pain and now it's back!

26 minutes ago, mr.sean said:

22 days post-op! Eating soft solids has been fine, but I still struggle with fluids. The feeling of the liquid hitting my stomach pouch and very unpleasant and causes a feeling of uncomfortable fullness and nausea. I'm averaging 48oz/day though, so I'm only a little dehydrated. Trying to get to 64oz is challenging. I do great with the sugar-free popsicles, but I can't eat 16 of those per day.

Also, the area around my large incision where they took out the stomach is starting to sting again, sometimes intensely if I twist or bend a certain way. It feels like it's just the skin and muscle, so I'm not worried. It's just annoying because I had like a week with no pain and now it's back!

I agree with pain by incision. When I set up to fast, turn wrong - all of that. I'm a week out today and still trying to figure out ways to get in more liquids as well. Only thing I'm doing excellent in is taking my Vitamins & that's better than nothing : ) What soft foods have you done thus far?

On 09/03/2019 at 11:46, mr.sean said:

Hey it’s better than nothing! Keep pushing! I find on my walk home from work (not even a mile) I get down 16oz. Today is the first day I’ve gotten 40oz not including Soups or Protein Shakes, just Water and Gatorade zero. Other days were only 28oz without Protein shakes.

I know I’m 2 weeks post op and I get that stick when moving from laying on my stomach to my back.

Hello August sleevers!
Had 3 weeks follow up and 16 lbs lost. It's not as dramatic as most people but I'm sincerely learning to be grateful to this tool and being patient to the process! The old me would have proceeded straight from doctor's office to the closest Bakery (I know where ALL the great ones are) and rewarded myself with my favorites and there the backslide starts BUT this new me went straight to sprouts to pick up more low fat cottage cheese and fage 0% yoghurt and went home celebrating and looking forward staying focused on the process and the cause

Cleared to do some low impact work out at the gym so looking forward to that.

I hope you are all doing great and not letting that pesky scale "weigh you down " . Stay focused, love your bodies and stay GRATEFUL 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Bummed, it’s a busy day for me so I instacarted a few groceries and one of my items were SF popsicle and they brought me regular :(

2 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Hello August sleevers!
Had 3 weeks follow up and 16 lbs lost. It's not as dramatic as most people but I'm sincerely learning to be grateful to this tool and being patient to the process! The old me would have proceeded straight from doctor's office to the closest Bakery (I know where ALL the great ones are) and rewarded myself with my favorites and there the backslide starts BUT this new me went straight to sprouts to pick up more low fat cottage cheese and fage 0% yoghurt and went home celebrating and looking forward staying focused on the process and the cause

Cleared to do some low impact work out at the gym so looking forward to that.

I hope you are all doing great and not letting that pesky scale "weigh you down " . Stay focused, love your bodies and stay GRATEFUL 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Well said ! My surgery was just one day before you and I was hoping to be down more than I was on my 3 week visit this week however I was so happy to be able to start cottage cheese and pureed veggies yesterday ! I love farina and yogurt but I have been hungry and I am tiring of it. With the new foods yesterday and today I am feeling content. Decided to only weigh on Wednesdays and Sundays :)

14 hours ago, big_ange said:

Wishing all our August buddies a great friday... so I created an Instagram account if you wanna follow me in my journey..
@angelthejaimes 20190906_101450.jpeg IMG_20190903_144257_637.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow !! you look great! Well done 😀

Wishing all our August buddies a great friday... so I created an Instagram account if you wanna follow me in my journey..
@angelthejaimes 20190906_101450.thumb.jpeg.4c6a6a00f03bf76eb3f559f4a294c696.jpeg IMG_20190903_144257_637.thumb.jpeg.8b0ddacd2f39f67eddd07f62be575dca.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow!!! Great job!!!! Keep up the amazing transformation [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

On 09/02/2019 at 23:43, bethow said:

I was running behind schedule and was afraid I was going to be late to my post op appointment. I arrived five minutes before my appointment. I advised the medical assistant that my blood pressure was probably goin g to be through the roof. She took my blood pressure and it was 103/71. I have never, ever had a blood pressure reading that low. I am on three blood pressure medications. I have been monitoring my BP all week and they are consistently in the one hundred over high sixties or low seventies. I had heard that many people stopped meds after surgery but I was never expecting it to happen so fast.

I had anticipated having my surgery in February but some unforeseen circumstances caused me to have to wait and I did not have my surgery until August 19th. My last visit with my PCP I had managed to lose 27 pounds. At my pre-op appointment had managed to lose another 8 pounds. Then with the two weeks of pre-surgical liquid diet and the two weeks of post surgical liquid diet, I have lost a total of 67 pounds. I haven't been this light in at least 25 years!

Today for the first time since my surgery, I was able to ride my recumbent bike for a full thirty minutes. It is amazing to me that I feel so wonderful after such a short recovery period.

We’re surgery twins! Sorry about your BP! I developed high BP this past January & that was just 1 reason for the surgery. A nurse taught me to have the person taking your BP to wait a few minutes before taking it. Have them do paperwork or whatever else has to be done and then.... take the BP! Congrats on your weight loss! Wow! That’s awesome. Since surgery I’m down 20 lbs & I’m excited with that. And like you.... I feel pretty darn good!! I’m not allowed to exercise yet until I hopefully get cleared in 2 weeks

On 09/02/2019 at 14:18, dsan0696 said:

12 days post op (surgery 8/21)

Question......I seem to be able to drink my Water normally now, no concern of slow sips. Are others like that too? I’m still full liquids so most goes through fast, but I’ve not had any feeling of fullness or anything like that.

im assuming maybe that starts when food is introduced???

My surgery was 8/19/19 & at this point I also can drink Water & all Clear Liquids normally with no issues. Here’s the ricotta bake I made.
. https://www.food.com/recipe/shellys-baked-ricotta-324036

I did use lighter cheeses. I served it to everyone at home over Pasta with sauce & mine was puréed. Everyone really enjoyed it! I’m loving tuna salad puréed & chili with cheese! Enjoy your puréed stage.

My surgery was 8/19/19 & at this point I also can drink Water & all Clear Liquids normally with no issues. Here’s the ricotta bake I made.
. https://www.food.com/recipe/shellys-baked-ricotta-324036

I did use lighter cheeses. I served it to everyone at home over Pasta with sauce & mine was puréed. Everyone really enjoyed it! I’m loving tuna salad puréed & chili with cheese! Enjoy your puréed stage.
So glad to hear you are doing fantastic Chiptress!! Life is definitely better on the loser's bench!! I'm no longer feeling hopeless about weight loss or trying to plot the next diet!! [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]
It's not easy but I like to be where we are!

That recipe looks good![emoji106][emoji106]

Ok... slightly depressed. I’m aware the hormones are at work. Just needed to remind myself. Snapping at family when I didn’t need to be. I’m not getting out much but I should probably push myself a bit. Today my stomach has been uneasy because I ate something last night I shouldn’t have. 19 days out I’m paying for it. I piece of a sushi roll!! Omg.. tasted like the best of anything I have ever tasted but I learned a lesson. Now is not the time. Have you felt down after surgery & what do you do to switch it around?