Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?



Recommended Posts

On 4/29/2019 at 12:30 AM, big_ange said:

So the reason I choose 8-2-19

Was because I'm an out doors kinda guy.. I love my fishing and taking dips in the lake.. my son turns 2 in April and I want to enjoy his day.. If I do it early I feel like I would get dehydrated with this central California heat and get to miss out on a lot of fishing and swimming with my little oneScreenshot_20190428-164016.jpeg 20190331_142640.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck with your surgery! Thinking of you and excited to hear how it goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

I'm currently at my Pre-OP class!!! Things are getting real!!!!emoji109.pngemoji109.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

That’s how I felt at my appointment today! Lol feels a lot more official

Edited by mommy_vsg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS JUST GOT REAL FOR ME... TODAY WAS ME LAST DAY AT WORK I START MY STAYVATION...
NO food FOR SINCE LAST NIGHT AND NOW I'M 12HOURS AWAY FROM GETTING SLEEVED

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app


Good luck and we "Augustas" are all praying and thinking about you!!! Sending lots of positive energy your way and Wishing you a smooth day and speedy recovery!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109][emoji177][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Good luck , This is such a big thing you are doing . Well done ! Be proud of yourself, be kind to yourself, and have a good recovery .From here on , in it just gets better and better . Keep us posted !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgeons office called to tell me good and bad news. Bad news is my surgery date for August 19th had to be canceled due to his assistant being on vacation and the scheduler didn’t know. Now for the GOOD NEWS..... My surgery has been moved up to August 7th and I start the liquid diet immediately. Gosh I’m nervously excited. It’s this coming Wednesday. I’m checking my list to be sure I haven’t forgotten anything. I’m soooooo ready to start the journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/02/2019 at 10:56, Carolina Rose said:

My surgeons office called to tell me good and bad news. Bad news is my surgery date for August 19th had to be canceled due to his assistant being on vacation and the scheduler didn’t know. Now for the GOOD NEWS..... My surgery has been moved up to August 7th and I start the liquid diet immediately. Gosh I’m nervously excited. It’s this coming Wednesday. I’m checking my list to be sure I haven’t forgotten anything. I’m soooooo ready to start the journey.
I’m very excited for you! My surgery is 8/12 & holy cow 10 days away & it’s gotten really real. A bunch of excitement mixed with a bit of nerves. When I look at all the pics from everyone on the OOTD I really get excited to be healthy again & buy clothes based on style instead of just covering up!!!! Best of luck to you! Keep in touch with all your progress. I’ll start following you!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sleeved yesterday afternoon. I think the hardest part was dealing with dry mouth and no Water within those 24-36 hours.
Today, day after sleeve. I’ve been walking was able to consume ice chips (1.5hr to finish) and moving to juice soon.
I have not burped or relieved gas as much as I imagined I’d have to. But I do feel it up near my chest and shoulder.
Wish I could just massage it out.
Because they are taking so good care of me and I may not make it to Soup consumption by EOD I may just stay one more night.

Still contemplating.
Im curious how everyone’s 24 hours after sleeve have been?

Note: I gained 4lbs since right before by surgery. 🙄

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sillieali said:

I was sleeved yesterday afternoon. I think the hardest part was dealing with dry mouth and no Water within those 24-36 hours.
Today, day after sleeve. I’ve been walking was able to consume ice chips (1.5hr to finish) and moving to juice soon.
I have not burped or relieved gas as much as I imagined I’d have to. But I do feel it up near my chest and shoulder.
Wish I could just massage it out.
Because they are taking so good care of me and I may not make it to Soup consumption by EOD I may just stay one more night.

Still contemplating.
Im curious how everyone’s 24 hours after sleeve have been?

Note: I gained 4lbs since right before by surgery. 🙄

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Congratulations!!! Wish you a speed recovery and successful journey! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/02/2019 at 11:40, sillieali said:

I was sleeved yesterday afternoon. I think the hardest part was dealing with dry mouth and no Water within those 24-36 hours.

Today, day after sleeve. I’ve been walking was able to consume ice chips (1.5hr to finish) and moving to juice soon.

I have not burped or relieved gas as much as I imagined I’d have to. But I do feel it up near my chest and shoulder.

Wish I could just massage it out.

Because they are taking so good care of me and I may not make it to Soup consumption by EOD I may just stay one more night.



Still contemplating.

Im curious how everyone’s 24 hours after sleeve have been?



Note: I gained 4lbs since right before by surgery. 🙄

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Congrats to you! I have to say you look wonderful for being out 1 day!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/02/2019 at 11:07, Chiptress said:

I’m very excited for you! My surgery is 8/12 & holy cow 10 days away & it’s gotten really real. A bunch of excitement mixed with a bit of nerves. When I look at all the pics from everyone on the OOTD I really get excited to be healthy again & buy clothes based on style instead of just covering up!!!! Best of luck to you! Keep in touch with all your progress. I’ll start following you!!!!
I’m following you as well. Thank you!! Good luck to you. I’ll definitely update here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t quite got my head round this site yet . Can someone tell me , is the message above this for me ? or could it be for someone else ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/18/2019 at 19:38, CelticBeautyEvolving said:



August 21st — got my date this morning! Surgery in Houston, at Memorial Hermann


Same day as me....surgery in Muskegon MI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/02/2019 at 14:05, PEGGO said:



Haven’t quite got my head round this site yet . Can someone tell me , is the message above this for me ? or could it be for someone else ?


Hi Peggy. The message I replied with was to Chiptress. I have an iPhone so I only know how to respond using an iPhone. But to reply just hold your finger on the message the person typed and a box will pop up that says quote. Select that and then type your message. It lets that person know you’re responding to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/18/2019 at 19:00, agarnet38 said:

August 21st is my date
Same date....Mines in Muskegon MI
Wish the date was Here already lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ms.sss

      So my surgery anniversary date is on the 24th of this month, but I had my 1-year follow up early with my surgeon this morning (I have another 1-year followup at the hospital on Monday to get my bloodwork and labs done).
      Anyhoo...my surgeon was very pleased with my results (and so where the office staff apparently, because 3 of the front desk ladies came by my exam room to give me props/high fives/generally gawk at me).
      But get this: he asked if I would be willing to come in for a future photoshoot so that I could be on a poster! And I was all, ummmm....no thanks, LOL.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Today was a really tough day and I turned to food (and a watered down glass of wine). The interesting part was that I felt REALLY full after eating half my go to cheat snack, tortilla chips with cheese. So the GBP is doing its job!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nomorepasta

      Does anyone know how to change specific info on ur profile ex. Surgery date weight etc. ?..
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      The only way I can tell that I'm losing weight is from the scale and my clothes "getting bigger".
      · 1 reply
      1. nenes78

        When logged in, click on your username up top then choose my surgery, from there choose your option on the left menu. Or click the link https://www.bariatricpal.com/patients/portal/?do=progress

    • GreenTealael

      Still Traveling 😥😌😳😂
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×