Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

Hey all!

So far I’m down almost 69lbs from my consult weight! When I saw my surgeon for my 3 month post op I was down 52% of my excess weight and no longer considered morbidly obese!

I go for 6 month post op and labs in February, he said he wouldn’t be surprised if I was at or near goal. He also said I can start looking for a plastic surgeon for skin removal!

Hi all! August 27th post sleeve here. I love reading everyone’s updates and can relate to many of the successes and challenges. I have lost about 50 lbs since surgery and my BMI has dropped from 36 to 28. Even better, I exercise consistently and feel strong and more energetic! The reason I decided to post today is because I slipped up for the first time and ate more than I should have in a sitting. I paid for it by getting sick and vomiting almost immediately. I am pretty disappointed in myself, but trying to get past it and move forward. I still have so many goals, I need to stay on track!

2 minutes ago, 303nursemom said:

Hi all! August 27th post sleeve here. I love reading everyone’s updates and can relate to many of the successes and challenges. I have lost about 50 lbs since surgery and my BMI has dropped from 36 to 28. Even better, I exercise consistently and feel strong and more energetic! The reason I decided to post today is because I slipped up for the first time and ate more than I should have in a sitting. I paid for it by getting sick and vomiting almost immediately. I am pretty disappointed in myself, but trying to get past it and move forward. I still have so many goals, I need to stay on track!

Hey welcome to the 'i'm such a dork for eating that much ' club :) You are human, we all mess up, BUT now we all have our tiny tummies to protest in a violent manner when we do! LOL

I bet you felt gross and it'll really put you off pushing the limits again :) Don't be mean to yourself, tomorrow is a new day and you can do it right, one meal at a time!

3 minutes ago, Bastian said:

Hey welcome to the 'i'm such a dork for eating that much ' club :) You are human, we all mess up, BUT now we all have our tiny tummies to protest in a violent manner when we do! LOL

I bet you felt gross and it'll really put you off pushing the limits again :) Don't be mean to yourself, tomorrow is a new day and you can do it right, one meal at a time!

Preach! We all mess up and when we do we just gotta pick ourselves back up again :)

I no longer know what to eat, since I've found I can eat a little bit of almost anything. And guidance from my program has dropped off a lot.

Every day, I've been eating some variation of:

Sous Vide Egg Bites from Starbucks

A Medium Iced coffee with milk and splenda

salad with grilled chicken and Italian dressing (about half)

2-3 low-moisture part-skim mozzarella string cheese sticks

1-2 low-fat greek yogurts

If I put away too many of the very-easy-to-digest yogurts and string cheese, I can easily hit 1000 calories, which worries me.

Edited by mr.sean

1 hour ago, 303nursemom said:

That's definitely normal. Usually one time doing it is enough of a motivation to not "binge" again for a while. You learned your lesson, and you know not to do it again because it hurts!

1 hour ago, mr.sean said:

I no longer know what to eat, since I've found I can eat a little bit of almost anything. And guidance from my program has dropped off a lot.

If I put away too many of the very-easy-to-digest yogurts and string cheese, I can easily hit 1000 calories, which worries me.

It sounds like you're doing good but If your scared about hitting over 1000 calories I would replace items such as the string cheese with some kind of dense Protein meal since its more filling. :)

Is it meal ideas you're struggling with?

On 12/10/2019 at 16:28, mr.sean said:

Obviously listen to your nutritionist, but mine wants me eating at least 1,000 calories a day.

10 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

It sounds like you're doing good but If your scared about hitting over 1000 calories I would replace items such as the string cheese with some kind of dense Protein meal since its more filling. :)

Is it meal ideas you're struggling with?

How many calories are we supposed to be eating now ? I don’t think I have 1,000 calories

4 hours ago, PEGGO said:

How many calories are we supposed to be eating now ? I don’t think I have 1,000 calories

Your dietician or nutritionist (depending what is on your team) should have informed you. I was told 800-900 cals a day. I have a dietician not a nutritionist.

@Bastian I'm 3 months(August 27th) out & only can get in between 350-500 calories a day. I can barely complete a meal & it still takes me 30-40 minutes to eat a 5.3oz yogurt. My dietitian told me that this calorie amount is fine but try to get in as much Protein dense foods as possible & keep my liquid intake close to or at 64 ozs. When I get full - STOP EATING! She said this is the crucial stage for my new pouch & over eating is not good therefore trying to get in 800-900 calories is not the goal she wants for me right now. So I am listening to my body, eating high quality protein meals and getting in the Water.< a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/20191211_090713.jpg.1790c94141916669d23315d38bc25cde.jpg" data-fileid="97296" rel="">20191211_090713.thumb.jpg.ca87fe842bd1571f9f2dd17158c7310d.jpg Start Weight(SW) - 215 Surgery Weight(SW) - 198 Current Weight(CW) - 165 Goal Weight(GW) - 145

5 hours ago, PEGGO said:

It depends on your team. Everyone is told something different. I was told by my surgeon that 600 - 800 is good right now but my dietitian told me she wants to try reaching that 1000 calorie mark. As long as you're eating what you're suppose to and stopping when full you should be fine.

26 minutes ago, HipHopDiva said:

@Bastian I'm 3 months(August 27th) out & only can get in between 350-500 calories a day. I can barely complete a meal & it still takes me 30-40 minutes to eat a 5.3oz yogurt. My dietitian told me that this calorie amount is fine but try to get in as much Protein dense foods as possible & keep my liquid intake close to or at 64 ozs. When I get full - STOP EATING! She said this is the crucial stage for my new pouch & over eating is not good therefore trying to get in 800-900 calories is not the goal she wants for me right now. So I am listening to my body, eating high quality Protein meals and getting in the Water.< a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/20191211_090713.jpg.1790c94141916669d23315d38bc25cde.jpg" data-fileid="97296" rel="">20191211_090713.thumb.jpg.ca87fe842bd1571f9f2dd17158c7310d.jpg Start Weight(SW) - 215 Surgery Weight(SW) - 198 Current Weight(CW) - 165 Goal Weight(GW) - 145

You look amazing!! 😃

Hey welcome to the 'i'm such a dork for eating that much ' club [emoji4] You are human, we all mess up, BUT now we all have our tiny tummies to protest in a violent manner when we do! LOL
I bet you felt gross and it'll really put you off pushing the limits again [emoji4] Don't be mean to yourself, tomorrow is a new day and you can do it right, one meal at a time!
EVERYTHING she said!!!![emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]
Happens to the best of us Nursemom!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

[mention=366546]Bastian[/mention] I'm 3 months(August 27th) out & only can get in between 350-500 calories a day. I can barely complete a meal & it still takes me 30-40 minutes to eat a 5.3oz yogurt. My dietitian told me that this calorie amount is fine but try to get in as much Protein dense foods as possible & keep my liquid intake close to or at 64 ozs. When I get full - STOP EATING! She said this is the crucial stage for my new pouch & over eating is not good therefore trying to get in 800-900 calories is not the goal she wants for me right now. So I am listening to my body, eating high quality protein meals and getting in the Water.< a href="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/20191211_090713.jpg.1790c94141916669d23315d38bc25cde.jpg" data-fileid="97296" rel="">20191211_090713.thumb.jpg.ca87fe842bd1571f9f2dd17158c7310d.jpg Start Weight(SW) - 215 Surgery Weight(SW) - 198 Current Weight(CW) - 165 Goal Weight(GW) - 145
Wow!!! Congratulations! You look absolutely fabulous [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app