Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

APPETITE IS BACK FULL FORCE. I can eat anything. No complications. I lost 65lbs and have been on a 3 week stall. I need to get back on the wagon. My biggest problem is not enough fluids. On a good day maybe 32oz. Also it is so hard to take 30 min to eat a meal.
It looks like you are doing well..congrats !
I'm with you!! I can eat ANYTHING!! I get the occasional mini dumping feeling of general malaise, fatigue, need to lay down but it lasts 30 mins and it's over!
65lbs is AMAZING!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

46 pounds to go
pos0-Before.thumb.png.4f849cbb2013239402eb1fb8cae2c44d.png
1789117633_pos2-3Months.thumb.png.9f090e59ea64ce9c91ac65410255eab4.png
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look absolutely fabulous

3 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That was FAST!! Especially for a low starting BMI! WELL DONE!!!

Is there anything you did especially that worked for you?

I think the fact that im a ex-bander. I got here in 2009 at 232lbs. So i had a lot of years to learn to eat. gained 30lbs over the 2.5+ years i was with out her.

So do the sleeve was kind of a continuation..... with a 2.5 year break... hehe

I do follow the rules and i do portion my meals and only eat what i'm supposed to. I'm finding it hard to remember to slow my eating..... but i'm getting back there.

as of today.....142.0......... down 31.5lbs

42 minutes ago, Michael S said:

APPETITE IS BACK FULL FORCE. I can eat anything. No complications. I lost 65lbs and have been on a 3 week stall. I need to get back on the wagon. My biggest problem is not enough fluids. On a good day maybe 32oz. Also it is so hard to take 30 min to eat a meal.

It looks like you are doing well..congrats !

Same here! There are times I'm so hungry i can eat a cow but once I take a couple times of dense Protein I'm done and very full. Congratulations on the wight loss, thats a lot! Cant wait to see all my August peeps lose even more :)

I feel you with the Fluid. 16 - 32 oz is the most I'm taking in too. I'm just not thirsty and when I force myself to drink more I get nauseous. The stall could be the Water or an indication that we need to switch up our eating times. I'm losing slowly now.

Thanksss!!

32 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

I have to believe it's the carbs added that made a difference for me as well because before going away, I HARDLY had any carbs! The stall was REAL!

Good to know! I tried upping my protein and it didnt do anything. Im going to replace my chicken tonight for a bowl of Cherios because as of right now the stall really is REAL lol.

41 minutes ago, Lbtnew said:

46 pounds to go

pos0-Before.png

pos2-3 Months.png

Omg @Lbtnew!!! U look amazing!!! Wow! Its crazy what a 46 pound difference can do! You look like a whole new person, the hard work definitely shows.

And may I add that your confidence is radiating though that second pic! ❤️

Glad to see everyone is doing well! I’m a verrrrry slow loser. I try not to compare myself though because I know everyone’s body’s and journeys are different. I’m down a little over 50 lbs. I’d like to lose about 60 more.

I’m struggling with animal Proteins, they really don’t sit well. Soft foods are still the safest bet. I’m honestly not following my plan too closely because all I’m supposed to be eating right now is Protein (from animals or Beans or yogurt/dairy) and veggies.

I stalled for 5 weeks 2 weeks after my operation. And then again more recently. What has helped me is upping my calories, which was my nutritionists suggestion.

I need to start exercising, I tried Orange Theory and signed up but now I’m scared to go back. I almost starting crying during the class bc it is so overwhelmingly difficult. Lol.

I am nearly 68 and have ruptured discs in my lower back as a result exercising has been challenging. I invested in a recumbent stationary bike to start this adventure. I lucked out and found a used (4 times only) Teeter Freestep which is a recumbent bike/elliptical combination at an amazing reasonable cost. For Christmas, am asking Santa for a rowing machine. Knowing that walking is still the best exercise but unable to walk for long or great distances, in the spring I am getting an above ground pool even if I just walk around in the pool.

The biggest change in losing weight this time is that I am dedicated to exercising on a daily basis.

I lost 35 pounds before my surgery over a two year span. I have lost 57 pounds since my surgery in August. Igor spoiled losing weight so quickly from the liquid diet immediately before and after my surgery that I have to remind myself that I am 92 pounds lighter from my highest weight and to be patient.

i hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving . I am a little nervous about my first holiday meal with my family since my surgery. But still beyond happy on this new adventure of living healthy.

SW: 315. Weight before surgery 280. Current weight 233! I would love to get to 140 to 150, but I haven’t been this thin for years so each day and every pound is a reason to Celebrate and be thankful for.

3 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Omg @Lbtnew!!! U look amazing!!! Wow! Its crazy what a 46 pound difference can do! You look like a whole new person, the hard work definitely shows.

And may I add that your confidence is radiating though that second pic! ❤️

well done Bethow! you look great ! and yes , I can see more confidence in you in the last picture, than in the first one. Good for you !

2 hours ago, bethow said:

SW: 315. Weight before surgery 280. Current weight 233! I would love to get to 140 to 150, but I haven’t been this thin for years so each day and every pound is a reason to Celebrate and be thankful for.

2 hours ago, bethow said:

Thanks all ! So glad to see everyone is doing well, great work let'sall keep it up @Marvelgirl 46 is what I still have left to get off. Lost 67 since surgery and 76 since HW

34kg/75lbs down 17kg/37lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

I don't eat any junk/sugar at all. No sugar-laden cereals or sweets or takeaways. My appetite is def back but can only manage really small amounts. I know my surgeon made my sleeve 1cm internal diameter then, of course, I had to have an emergency bypass a week later so I think I have ended up with a teeny tiny incey wincey minuscule pouch!

Edited by Bastian

On 12/05/2019 at 07:13, Bastian said:

34kg/75lbs down 17kg/37lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

I don't eat any junk/sugar at all. No sugar-laden cereals or sweets or takeaways. My appetite is def back but can only manage really small amounts. I know my surgeon made my sleeve 1cm internal diameter then, of course, I had to have an emergency bypass a week later so I think I have ended up with a teeny tiny incey wincey minuscule pouch!

Wow! You had to have an emergency bypass? How come?

Just now, AnnieD78 said:

Wow! You had to have an emergency bypass? How come?

I ended up with a volvulus (my stomach twisted post-op and they couldn't get it to straighten), it is life-threatening, so I was in hospital for 2 weeks. It was all pretty horrific, but all good now :)

1 hour ago, Bastian said:

I ended up with a volvulus (my stomach twisted post-op and they couldn't get it to straighten), it is life-threatening, so I was in hospital for 2 weeks. It was all pretty horrific, but all good now :)

Omg thats crazyyy. Im glad to hear you are ok now! Your weight loss is amazing! Keep it up and you will get there sooner then you think. :)

On 12/5/2019 at 1:58 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:

Omg thats crazyyy. Im glad to hear you are ok now! Your weight loss is amazing! Keep it up and you will get there sooner then you think. :)

aww thanks lovely, it is great seeing everyone's weight loss isn't it. I feel really excited for everyone.

I was changing the other night and hubby cracked up laughing at my undies hanging off me, told me I need to buy new ones but I will make do until I am at goal! Admittedly they are ginormous on me :lol::113_tongue: