Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

How's everyone doing?

I'm 11 weeks post-op and have lost 47lbs. I've really stalled in the past 3 weeks though, and I've only lost about 4lbs in that time. It's very discouraging. I'm eating less than 1000 calories per day. How can I possibly have only lost 4lbs in 3 weeks?

I'm absolutely with you Mr. Sean!! EXACTLY 4lbs in 3 weeks!!![emoji21][emoji21] it's extremely frustrating BUT I'll trust the process [emoji57]

Also eating less than 1000 calories with regular exercise! I hope it continues to move in the right direction [emoji120]

I've lost a lot of inches though and my clothes are practically falling and I am becoming self conscious of the looks and comments but trying to take it in good stride!

Let's keep plugging away and a year from now, we'll look at these moments with laughter![emoji176]🧡[emoji176]🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/24/2019 at 11:26 PM, Deedee12 said:

I'm absolutely with you Mr. Sean!! EXACTLY 4lbs in 3 weeks!!! it's extremely frustrating BUT I'll trust the process

Also eating less than 1000 calories with regular exercise! I hope it continues to move in the right direction

I've lost a lot of inches though and my clothes are practically falling and I am becoming self conscious of the looks and comments but trying to take it in good stride!

Let's keep plugging away and a year from now, we'll look at these moments with laughter!🧡🧡

Ok, the weight started coming off again, I think. I've lost like 51 lbs now.

When I stalled I added in more carbs and the stall broke. Even when I'd lose weight before having surgery my body needed carbs, I couldn't go without them and expect to lose weight. I make a point to have carbs everyday now, in moderation of course, but I definitely need them to keep the scale going downward. Some days my carbs consist of Mac n cheese other days it might just half a piece of toast. My local grocery store sells some single serve Mac n cheese that's about 1/3 cup serving size, 6g Protein, <10g sugar (not sure off the top of my head), and under 200 calories. I one of those 2-3 times a week and ever since I've done that I've lost each week. I'm lucky to eat about 1/2 of that when I eat one, then again, I'm lucky to eat 1/3 cup at a meal, most meals it's still 1/4 cup.

43 minutes ago, ahillig said:

When I stalled I added in more carbs and the stall broke. Even when I'd lose weight before having surgery my body needed carbs, I couldn't go without them and expect to lose weight. I make a point to have carbs everyday now, in moderation of course, but I definitely need them to keep the scale going downward. Some days my carbs consist of Mac n cheese other days it might just half a piece of toast. My local grocery store sells some single serve Mac n cheese that's about 1/3 cup serving size, 6g Protein, <10g sugar (not sure off the top of my head), and under 200 calories. I one of those 2-3 times a week and ever since I've done that I've lost each week. I'm lucky to eat about 1/2 of that when I eat one, then again, I'm lucky to eat 1/3 cup at a meal, most meals it's still 1/4 cup.

I'm going to give this a shot. My carbs usually come from milk and sometimes cherios but other days I have no complex cabs. I keep stalling too. Not sure if its the Water or what. Thanks!

Surgery Aug. 28, 2019

SW: 173.5, CW: 146..... GW: 140-143

On 11/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, ahillig said:

You eat... mac and cheese??? I miss mac and cheese so much. The huge load of carbs from the Pasta doesn't cause dumping or a crash after you eat it?

On 11/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, BayougirlMrsS said:

Surgery Aug. 28, 2019

Wait, what? How did you have the surgery if you're only 30lbs overweight?

36 minutes ago, mr.sean said:

Wait, what? How did you have the surgery if you're only 30lbs overweight?

Back history..... I joined the site back in 2008-2009 i think. Back when it was called Lapbandtalk. Of course, it was for people that had the lapband done. Which i did back in 2009. SW 232, weight the day my band was removed 143 March 2017 due to a slip. This is a revision for me. I know most people say.... well 30lbs is nothing, but when your 5'2" it is. I have told no one except my husband about the sleeve. I didn't want to hear all the crap from all the people. I did what i thought was best. and because i had had a previous WLS and was cash pay.... sleeve it is.

Band SW 232, LW 130... removal weight 143 (i stayed here for years) 2009-2017

Sleeved SW 173.5, CW 144.4 (as of today). Sx date Aug 28, 2019....... 10 weeks and two day PO.

Chris

Hello August people! How are you guys? Hows the progress been going? Id love to know :)

APPETITE IS BACK FULL FORCE. I can eat anything. No complications. I lost 65lbs and have been on a 3 week stall. I need to get back on the wagon. My biggest problem is not enough fluids. On a good day maybe 32oz. Also it is so hard to take 30 min to eat a meal.

It looks like you are doing well..congrats !

2 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Hello August people! How are you guys? Hows the progress been going? Id love to know :)

All good, hope the same for you!

Ok, the weight started coming off again, I think. I've lost like 51 lbs now.
Wow!!!! Congratulations Mr. Sean!!! 50lbs is AMAZING!!!
I've lost like 39lbs but it's a slow steady loss for me. I was diligently following plan and a week ago went on vacation and kinda ate off plan...A LOT and came back with a 4lbs weight loss for the week which has NEVER happened to me EVER other than first 10 days post OP!! I don't know what to make of it all but I'm back on plan and I've been losing daily. The inches lost has been more dramatic that my hubby and kids have been commenting on a regular basis. Family and friends can't stop commenting and I truly truly feel great!

We'll continue to trust the process....[emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

I'm going to give this a shot. My carbs usually come from milk and sometimes cherios but other days I have no complex cabs. I keep stalling too. Not sure if its the Water or what. Thanks!
I have to believe it's the carbs added that made a difference for me as well because before going away, I HARDLY had any carbs! The stall was REAL!

2 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

46 pounds to go

pos0-Before.png

pos2-3 Months.png

Surgery Aug. 28, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS!!![emoji119][emoji119][emoji112][emoji112][emoji112][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123] That was FAST!! Especially for a low starting BMI! WELL DONE!!!

Is there anything you did especially that worked for you?