Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

18 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Hello my August Sibs!!

I also hit a stall at week 4 and 5 and much as I knew this and even expected it, it can be so disconcerting!!! But sure enough between Friday and this morning (I'm a weekly weigher but got on the scale this am for no reason) and I'd lost 4lbs!!!!! For a 27lbs lost since surgery! I'm in the 180s and I tell you it's been a while and puts some pep in my step!!
I'm officially 6 weeks and was at the gym this am for spin and muscle classes and my energy is through the roof!!!

I hope you are all doing fantastic and please share your peaks and valleys!!🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

well done Deedee! So happy for you ! It’s s great feeling isn’t it !

My surgery was on 8/21/19. From 2/18 until my pre-op appointment, I lost 35 pounds on my own through eating right abs exercise. There were a lot of ups and downs but I still managed 35 pounds gone in my own. My PCP, asked if I was sure I wanted to go through with the surgery. I would not be dissuaded!

I was 280 pounds at my pre-op, the day before I started my liquid diet. My WeightLoss has slowed but as of this morning, I am down to 239. I cannot even remember the last time my weight was that low. My PCP has cut my blood pressure meds because my blood pressure has come down so drastically. My hubby is complaining about how much energy I have.

We live in a very rural area and have to drive three hours to Vegas or five hours to Phoenix for the surgery. Based on my success my PCP referred another of his patients to where I went for my surgery. This hasn’t been easy but it has been so worth it!

Just checking in to say, 7.5 weeks post-surgery, I'm down 41lbs. Weight loss has slowed a lot in the past 2 weeks. I guess I'm in a bit of a plateau. Since it's easier to eat more types of food, I'm having to be careful about my caloric intake. I ate 300 calories of cashews yesterday without realizing it. I've needed to buy new work clothes, as the shirts and pants from before no longer fit.

Surgery was 8/15 did my weekly Wednesday weigh in yesterday and I am down 33lbs since surgery. I have been walking and started exercising as well as dancing and zumba. I just wish the scale showed a bit more of a loss. I also set aside a big rubbermaid bucket to put the "too big" clothes in for donation and somehow it is still empty. I was busting out of everything before surgery and now everything is very comfortable. I will just keep plugging along and hope to fill the bucket and see the scale go down.

I had my surgery on 8/21. I have lost 40 pounds since then. I had lost 35 pounds from my highest weight during the months before my surgery. My clothes are swimming on me. Fortunately I had two pairs of jeans that arrived too small at the time as they fit me beautifully now. I have four blouses that I never wore because they were too tight that I wear now. I am trying to hold off on buying new clothes. It’s hard not to get impatient and I keep reminding myself to be patient and stick to eating right and exercising.

1 hour ago, bethow said:

I had my surgery on 8/21. I have lost 40 pounds since then. I had lost 35 pounds from my highest weight during the months before my surgery. My clothes are swimming on me. Fortunately I had two pairs of jeans that arrived too small at the time as they fit me beautifully now. I have four blouses that I never wore because they were too tight that I wear now. I am trying to hold off on buying new clothes. It’s hard not to get impatient and I keep reminding myself to be patient and stick to eating right and exercising.

Wow good for you ! That's a great loss. I have clothes ranging from size 12 up to my current 16w and 18w so I can shop in my spare room closets however was getting a little down and bought a few fall things this week to perk me up.

On 09/30/2019 at 16:49, Deedee12 said:

Hello my August Sibs!!

I also hit a stall at week 4 and 5 and much as I knew this and even expected it, it can be so disconcerting!!! But sure enough between Friday and this morning (I'm a weekly weigher but got on the scale this am for no reason) and I'd lost 4lbs!!!!! For a 27lbs lost since surgery! I'm in the 180s and I tell you it's been a while and puts some pep in my step!!
I'm officially 6 weeks and was at the gym this am for spin and muscle classes and my energy is through the roof!!!

I hope you are all doing fantastic and please share your peaks and valleys!!🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Hi August pals! So glad I check in and read about stalls! Oy vey! For weeks I’m stalled. I have lost 30 lbs since surgery but scale hasn’t moved in weeks! NSV 32” lost overall & I’m wearing some of my smaller clothes. My closest goes from size 5 to 2x.... no kidding! Ha! Sleeved 8/19/19 235 59 years 5’3. Hope everyone is adjusting well to the new way of life ❤️

I'm 8 weeks post-op and my incision scars are still very red. They look better and slightly smaller than they did in the week after surgery, but is it normal for them to still look so prominent? Anyone have any idea how long until they fade?

Aug 21st folks...7 weeks today!

I'm down 52 lbs since I started this process (HW 363, CW 310). It hasn't been the easiest thing in the world, lots of nausea, learning what foods I can and can't eat, still can't eat more than an ounce or two at a meal.

After a particularly bad day Monday with some chicken breast, my nutritionist told me to switch to Flintstone Complete Vitamins (the Bariatric Advantage ones were making me gag to the point I couldn't get them down), and she reminded me that Water is first, Protein second (but at this point, she doesn't even want me overly focused on that, just hydration)...

I am planning to go back to the gym (mainly to swim) next week...how is everyone else doing?

33 minutes ago, mr.sean said:

I'm 8 weeks post-op and my incision scars are still very red. They look better and slightly smaller than they did in the week after surgery, but is it normal for them to still look so prominent? Anyone have any idea how long until they fade?

Hi Mr Sean. I’m 8 weeks post op, and mine are still a bit red , but not prominent. I would think as long as they are dry, and not hot , stinging or painful, they are ok . It probably takes some people longer to heal than others . Hope everything else is good with you 🙂

10 minutes ago, CelticBeautyEvolving said:

Aug 21st folks...7 weeks today!

I'm down 52 lbs since I started this process (HW 363, CW 310). It hasn't been the easiest thing in the world, lots of nausea, learning what foods I can and can't eat, still can't eat more than an ounce or two at a meal.

After a particularly bad day Monday with some chicken breast, my nutritionist told me to switch to Flintstone Complete Vitamins (the Bariatric Advantage ones were making me gag to the point I couldn't get them down), and she reminded me that Water is first, Protein second (but at this point, she doesn't even want me overly focused on that, just hydration)...

I am planning to go back to the gym (mainly to swim) next week...how is everyone else doing?

Hi Celtic beauty evolving. Love the name 🙂 Wow! well done on your weight loss ! I’m 8 weeks post op, and have had a few bad days too with nausea I’m still learning what my stomach can and can’t tolerate , and Im almost scared to eat anything after a bad experience . I’m only managing to eat about 2ounces of anything - if that. Hope you’re doing better on the new Vitamins now . Good luck 🙂

August 6, 2019

Hello Bianca and fellow August sibs
I'm doing okay for the most part! Went through a stall that got me seriously bummed! Still getting 600 to 800 cals per day with most days at 80 to 90grams of Protein a day. I added consistent spin classes plus upped my steps to at least 20K per day and there's weight loss again. Resolved that this weight is not going to melt off like other lucky folks but I'm losing serious inches and my face is the leanest it's been in a LONG while. Wearing my smaller clothes and generally feel good. Sometimes the doubt and frustration rears ugly head but my husband reassures me how well this tool is working. So patience is DEFINITELY a virtue......

Hope all of you are doing well and please don't get discouraged if things aren't going as expected, everyone's journey is different yet beautiful!!!🧡🧡🧡

9 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Hello Bianca and fellow August sibs
I'm doing okay for the most part! Went through a stall that got me seriously bummed! Still getting 600 to 800 cals per day with most days at 80 to 90grams of Protein a day. I added consistent spin classes plus upped my steps to at least 20K per day and there's weight loss again. Resolved that this weight is not going to melt off like other lucky folks but I'm losing serious inches and my face is the leanest it's been in a LONG while. Wearing my smaller clothes and generally feel good. Sometimes the doubt and frustration rears ugly head but my husband reassures me how well this tool is working. So patience is DEFINITELY a virtue......

Hope all of you are doing well and please don't get discouraged if things aren't going as expected, everyone's journey is different yet beautiful!!!🧡🧡🧡

Hi Deedee! I'm glad to hear you are doing good and staying positive. I just met with my nutritionist yesterday. Ive been getting 500 - 600 calories a day and I was told I should be hitting 1,000 now (seems like a lot). As far as stalls go, she told me the same thing.... that this weight isnt going to just melt off and that hitting plateaus are part of the process. You're doing everything right and it sounds like you're extremely dedicated! The weight will come off eventually. Enjoy the ride, even though its a bumpy one. That's what I'm trying to do. Easier said than done though lol