Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

Okay, question for the group...I had chicken “salad” today (just canned chicken breast, hard boiled egg, and a little mayo). I didn’t overeat - had maybe two tablespoons of it total - but about 20 minutes after eating it, I had my first bout of “foamies” — had to leave work early I was so close to throwing up.

Obviously I need to wait a little while on the chicken salad...but I had matzo ball Soup last weekend, and the shredded chicken and veggies in that went down fine. So, my question is this — do y’all think the canned chicken would be ok in the crock pot with some sauce, or should I use real chicken breasts instead? I think the chicken salad was just too dry somehow, but I need Protein from meat right now, if I can get it...

9 hours ago, CelticBeautyEvolving said:

Okay, question for the group...I had chicken “salad” today (just canned chicken breast, hard boiled egg, and a little mayo). I didn’t overeat - had maybe two tablespoons of it total - but about 20 minutes after eating it, I had my first bout of “foamies” — had to leave work early I was so close to throwing up.

Obviously I need to wait a little while on the chicken salad...but I had matzo ball Soup last weekend, and the shredded chicken and veggies in that went down fine. So, my question is this — do y’all think the canned chicken would be ok in the crock pot with some sauce, or should I use real chicken breasts instead? I think the chicken salad was just too dry somehow, but I need Protein from meat right now, if I can get it...

I haven't tried chicken salad yet as I am not allowed until 8wks post op, so 1 question is could it be too soon? When I can I will make it out of homemade moist chicken cutlets or a pre cooked rotisserie chicken which are probably both less dry. Lastly for me It would be mind over matter. I've never purchased canned chicken but a friend of mine gave me some she purchased that she didn't like, she told me to feed it to my cats which I did so again for me it would be a mental no no

17 hours ago, Bianca S. said:

Help
What are you eating on soft foods? I’m getting tired of
- tuna with a little mayo and a little cheese to up my Protein
- eggs
- cottage cheese
- thinly sliced deli meat turkey breast rolled with a reduced fat string cheese
- Atkins French vanilla Protein Shakes

Good morning,

I intend to try this ricotta bake recipe using high Protein crab meat Friday! The video was amazing - she put shrimp on top but I will leave that off for now. View attachment.

Screenshot_20190909-195226_Messenger.jpg

Hiiiiii. Super slow loser here. It’s really disheartening when you’re eating like 600 calories a day. I’m meeting Protein and fluid goals. I lost more in my 2 week full liquid pre-op diet then I have since surgery. Surgery was 8/14, I’ve lost about 16 lbs. In one month! 😢😢 Total loss including pre-op is 32 lbs.

26 minutes ago, AnnieD78 said:

Hiiiiii. Super slow loser here. It’s really disheartening when you’re eating like 600 calories a day. I’m meeting Protein and fluid goals. I lost more in my 2 week full liquid pre-op diet then I have since surgery. Surgery was 8/14, I’ve lost about 16 lbs. In one month! 😢😢 Total loss including pre-op is 32 lbs.

32lbs is fabulous! Look how much 30lbs of fat is!!! I feel like you I lost 33lbs during my hospital stay and have lost barely anything since being home for 3 weeks. But just look at that fat compared to the Cereal bowl! We need to change our thinking, which is hard because maybe like me you feel like you did on a diet before the op, you'd lose, hit a stall then it'd all go down the drain. BUT we just have to be patient and let our new anatomy do its job :)

l1648554646.jpg

49 minutes ago, AnnieD78 said:

I was stuck weight wise last week and went for almost a 4 mile walk, helped break it and now I’m stuck again. I’m trying to find a way to work in a minimum of 30 minutes but my work schedule is wonky right now so it’s hard.

1 hour ago, AnnieD78 said:

My surgery was 8/15 and I am also at 32 total from my highest weight during doc visits b4 pre-op diet. I look at it in increments of 5lb sugar bags, try carrying 6 1/2 of those up a flight or 2 of stairs. That keeps me motivated

On 09/11/2019 at 07:29, Bastian said:

32lbs is fabulous! Look how much 30lbs of fat is!!! I feel like you I lost 33lbs during my hospital stay and have lost barely anything since being home for 3 weeks. But just look at that fat compared to the Cereal bowl! We need to change our thinking, which is hard because maybe like me you feel like you did on a diet before the op, you'd lose, hit a stall then it'd all go down the drain. BUT we just have to be patient and let our new anatomy do its job :)

l1648554646.jpg

You are so right! I have only lost 20lbs and gained 1 but I keep reminding me how much fat that is :)

On 9/11/2019 at 9:56 AM, AnnieD78 said:

I've lost about 30 post-surgery and my surgery was 2 days before yours. I noticed I lose almost nothing for days, and then all of a sudden I drop 4-5 overnight. Just keep waiting, but if you're unhappy with the pace of weight loss, ask your dietician/surgeon/NP about it at your next followup.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:47 AM, ahillig said:

I was stuck weight wise last week and went for almost a 4 mile walk

Ok, how are so many people able to walk soo much. It doesn't matter how much Protein I have in me, I still have issues with energy just walking around the grocery store for too long.

30 minutes ago, KishaG said:

Ok, how are so many people able to walk soo much. It doesn't matter how much Protein I have in me, I still have issues with energy just walking around the grocery store for too long.

I'm with you...I just barely have the energy right now to make it through my day at work...averaging 300-350 calories a day, walking an extra mile or more is not happening right now!

On 09/11/2019 at 09:56, AnnieD78 said:

I hear you! It’s frustrating I’m eating, drinking 350 & 500 calories & I’m in a stall 3 weeks out. I did take my measurements & I’m down inches. Take some measurements & you might be surprised. I can see in my clothes I’m down more than the 20lbs thT The scale shows

On 09/07/2019 at 20:23, Deedee12 said:

Chiptress, definitely the hormones!!! Gentle hiking for steps has helped me significantly!! Try getting out even if it's to the shops to get steps in and be out of our heads or away from triggers makes a difference.
Just know it should settle soon. Always talk it out and don't bottle your emotions and let family members know it's not personal (as hard as it seems) rather par for the course.

About That sushi, BRAVE woman you!!!!!!!lol!! I've been beyond petrified about going off plan!!! No rice, bread, carbs, sugars etc for the next 5 months or EVER!!
I hope you start feeling better and it's a lesson learned. Dust it off, no permanent damage and back to plan. That's the great thing about this tool! It's very easy to "Ctrl Alt Delete".

Hope you start feeling better mood wise too!! It's A LOT but we'll prevail [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]🧡[emoji176][emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much for caring enough to weigh in. I definitely won’t do the sushi thing again. In my house there’s always a variety of restaurant food & I simply lost it & dove in. Since then I’m pretty much back on Protein Drinks & not wanting to put much in my stomach. This is a process

Y'all....tell me this is going to pass....I thought I had a better day yesterday...made it through the whole day at work, and I actually managed to eat one extra time, so I had about 300 calories before dinner. Got home, fixed my "dinner" -- I got two bites down, and my stomach started HURTING. I stopped eating, but...not 10 minutes later it all came back up (I actually felt MUCH better after, so I won't be afraid of that happening now...)

This morning, I had my cottage cheese - I usually can eat about 1/4 cup for breakfast...got two bites, and I felt really full so I stopped. Haven't eaten since, and now I'm getting a dang headache which I'm sure is from lack of food...ugh!!

1 hour ago, CelticBeautyEvolving said:

I'm with you...I just barely have the energy right now to make it through my day at work...averaging 300-350 calories a day, walking an extra mile or more is not happening right now!

1 hour ago, KishaG said:

Im glad you posted this question Celtic .Ive been wondering the same thing ! I read about people going to the gym , and walking loads , I’ve had it by the time I’ve got up and got myself showered , dressed etc. I have to stop for a bit before I go on to the next job. I’ve been obsessed with. trying to get more Protein to get more energy , but my son informs me that more protein won’t nessacarily give more energy , we NEED it, but it’s our small calorie intake that makes energy low. He had the surgery and said he was tired for a while after . When I thought about it , on the nutritional info on backs of things , calories are described as energy. Having said that , I think a lot depends on age as well . I bet a lot of the people who are working out etc . are much younger than me !😊