Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

I lost 19lbs in the first 5 days after surgery, but in the following 12 days I've only lost an additional 7. Is that normal? Am I eating the right amount of calories? My program wouldn't give me a calorie goal, but I've been between 600 and 800 per day. I'm 17 days post-op now.

Hi all... RnY bypass on 8/26/19. Would love to hear all the tricks on making sure to get all the Water and the Protein Drinks in and still adhere to the waiting 30 mins between eating and drinking. I struggled today and would love to know how everyone does it.
Thank you!!

5 hours ago, aedez882 said:

Hi all... RnY bypass on 8/26/19. Would love to hear all the tricks on making sure to get all the Water and the Protein Drinks in and still adhere to the waiting 30 mins between eating and drinking. I struggled today and would love to know how everyone does it.
Thank you!!

Hi aedez, Congratulations! you get used to the waiting time between eating and drinking . I struggled a bit but soon got used to it . I got tired of ordinary Water , and now have flavoured Protein water , it gives you a bit of variety and helps with the protein intake too. Also try to drink 2 cups of milk a day .I wish you a smooth post op period and speedy recovery .

5 hours ago, mr.sean said:

I lost 19lbs in the first 5 days after surgery, but in the following 12 days I've only lost an additional 7. Is that normal? Am I eating the right amount of calories? My program wouldn't give me a calorie goal, but I've been between 600 and 800 per day. I'm 17 days post-op now.

Mr sean, sounds like you’re doing great !I have never been given any kind of calorie goal , so hope I’m doing it right too! . I’m day 19 post op and have never weighed myself yet . I think i’m scared to in case I haven’t lost enough and will be disappointed! Is everyone else weighing themselves ?

Hi all... RnY bypass on 8/26/19. Would love to hear all the tricks on making sure to get all the Water and the Protein drinks in and still adhere to the waiting 30 mins between eating and drinking. I struggled today and would love to know how everyone does it.
Thank you!!
I agree with PEGGO, I had to switch to fruit infused water like HINT to get it down. I start drinking as soon as I wake up and have water in hand when I go for my walks and plan to finish 2 16 oz water bottles before 1pm. I find that I've been a lot more successful walking and drinking.
As for eating and getting your Proteins, I just do it. I plan for the day and prepare the day before. Breakfast 7ish, lunch 12ish and dinner 7ish. I don't snack much but if I get that hunger pangs, 2 tablespoon of plain lowfat yogurt or cottage cheese eases the hunger. Also due to the sour nature of plain yogurt, I drink more water.
Good luck, it does get better..🧡🧡🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Mr. Sean, in what world would 26 lbs weight loss in 17 days be ONLY??? You are doing beyond great!! Our bodies occasionally need a breather from the rapidity of the loss. I know you know that all you have to do is continue your plan and let the chips fall (so to speak) where it may as you diligently follow the rules. This obsession with the scale so early on, while rewarding, can also be crazy making.
26 lbs!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Celebrate and continue the work 🧡

I enjoy reading about the start of peoples journey. I have several friends, that would really benefit from this surgery and they just do not know anything about it. It is the best way to lose a lot of weight and have a chance at keeping it off, It is hard work, for sure, but the stats show it is one of the only way that morbidly obese people can lose and keep weight off, and it actually resolves so many health issues.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Mr Sean I am on the same boat. I even gained two pounds back. I am still on full liquids but ate a slice of pizza with no problem....maybe that is where the two came back.

10 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Mr. Sean, in what world would 26 lbs weight loss in 17 days be ONLY??? You are doing beyond great!! Our bodies occasionally need a breather from the rapidity of the loss. I know you know that all you have to do is continue your plan and let the chips fall (so to speak) where it may as you diligently follow the rules. This obsession with the scale so early on, while rewarding, can also be crazy making.
26 lbs!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Celebrate and continue the work 🧡

I agree , you’re doing great Mr Sean ! Believe in yourself ! well done.

7 hours ago, ValerieInMexico said:

I enjoy reading about the start of peoples journey. I have several friends, that would really benefit from this surgery and they just do not know anything about it. It is the best way to lose a lot of weight and have a chance at keeping it off, It is hard work, for sure, but the stats show it is one of the only way that morbidly obese people can lose and keep weight off, and it actually resolves so many health issues.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Thankyou Valerie .You sound as if you’ve had your surgery . How’s it going. ? I had mine on 12th.How far along are you ? All best wishes you you 💗

I just had gastric bypass on the 28th and was discharged today. I feel nothing hunger wise and do not even feel the desire to eat or drink. My surgeon blessed me to do full liquids this morning when he saw me so I started with the Protein Shakes and barely got an ounce in since I've been home. Tomorrow I'll definitely try harder to get everything in but they're ok if I don't, in fact, the dietician said I probably wouldn't get it all in for the first month.

On 08/30/2019 at 18:52, ahillig said:

I just had gastric bypass on the 28th and was discharged today. I feel nothing hunger wise and do not even feel the desire to eat or drink. My surgeon blessed me to do full liquids this morning when he saw me so I started with the Protein Shakes and barely got an ounce in since I've been home. Tomorrow I'll definitely try harder to get everything in but they're ok if I don't, in fact, the dietician said I probably wouldn't get it all in for the first month.

It was sure difficult I had the gastric sleeve but what I found helpful was using the medicine cups and drinking one per 15 minutes just like they started me out in the hospital and now I’m doing much better

8 hours ago, Bianca S. said:

It was sure difficult I had the gastric sleeve but what I found helpful was using the medicine cups and drinking one per 15 minutes just like they started me out in the hospital and now I’m doing much better

I do the same but it's taking me about 2.5-3 hours to drink a Premier Protein shake - I'M STUFF AFTER THAT FOR A MINUTE!

14 hours ago, Michael S said:

Mr Sean I am on the same boat. I even gained two pounds back. I am still on full liquids but ate a slice of pizza with no problem....maybe that is where the two came back.

Michael S, can I ask why you would eat pizza?

I am genuinely curious and not trying to have a go at you at all, but it seems crazy to me when you have just had a major operation (i know it is a lap but still 80% of an organ has been removed) to help you get control of and lose weight to then not only risk complications such as a leak or infection but sabotage-your weight loss at this stage.

Do you think it is 'head hunger'? Do you get support from your surgical team with the psychological aspects of this journey? How did you feel about eating the pizza?

8 hours ago, Bianca S. said:

I can't even do that!

30 minutes ago, HipHopDiva said:

I do the same but it's taking me about 2.5-3 hours to drink a Premier Protein shake - I'M STUFF AFTER THAT FOR A MINUTE!

I can't even drink one, I get about 2 ounces of it then I'm stuffed. I'm having a really hard time with the desire to drink anything.