Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

On 08/23/2019 at 18:15, CrowLuv said:

Monday, August 19th, 2019 Gastric Bypass RNY here! Kinda nervous I possibly already posted in here but can't remember due to post-op drug haze ha ha ha. 😆

I've been looking for an active August-surgery-peeps thread - so happy to be here - woot woot!!!

HAPPY.gif

Hi there & welcome! Yes..... me too 8/19/19 1st day of the rest of our lives!!! We can compare notes!! How are you doing so far? Tired of liquids yet? Head hunger is real. I’m definitely not hungry but I’ve been dreaming of eating every food on every commercial . Feeling pretty good overall ... JOAN

13 minutes ago, Chiptress said:

Hi there & welcome! Yes..... me too 8/19/19 1st day of the rest of our lives!!! We can compare notes!! How are you doing so far? Tired of liquids yet? Head hunger is real. I’m definitely not hungry but I’ve been dreaming of eating every food on every commercial . Feeling pretty good overall ... JOAN

Wheee!!!! So glad you are feeling pretty good - same! We are gonna have so much fun and learn so much on this journey. I know it won't all be a piece of cake (pun intended lol), and I know I've got so much head work to do re: my relationship with food which has gotten SO hostile through the years...but I'm so eager and ready for that, and I'm so so happy to be here with my shiny new reset button hit and the fresh start I've needed for sooo long.

Shockingly, I am not yet tired of liquids yet! I think it's prob bc of that 24 hour headache from hell that prolonged my "I can't look at food, much less want it" post-surgery feeling.

Also I re-discovered the delicious comfort of sipping on warm beef broth and it makes me so happy lol. I can't stand the super sweet Protein Shakes so this is my salvation right now.

I found myself hungry - true hunger - for the very first time since surgery today. But it was a friendly hunger - not that scary "oh no what do I do/what do I eat" kind that has dominated my life for so long...not sure if that makes any sense?

On 08/23/2019 at 18:07, Chiptress said:

Same I am tired of liquids, I’m ready to chew something. I’m ready for soft foods but i found out today because I’m having my follow up at 10days I might have to wait a week more to start soft foods.

8 minutes ago, Bianca S. said:

Same I am tired of liquids, I’m ready to chew something. I’m ready for soft foods but i found out today because I’m having my follow up at 10days I might have to wait a week more to start soft foods.

ughhh, so sorry! Chin up, it will be over before you (we) know it!

I had surgery mon, was allowed parfait and pudding in hospital and after discharge was told I was stage 3. I wasn't quite ready then but my body seems to be telling me it's time. Congrats on your first meal!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group, I am having VSG surgery on the 26th.... anyone in this thread with surger onthe dame Ray?

30 minutes ago, hazel_ize said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group, I am having VSG surgery on the 26th.... anyone in this thread with surger onthe dame Ray?

Mine will be Tuesday August 27th. SO EXCITED! How your clear liquid diet going?

16 minutes ago, HipHopDiva said:

Mine will be Tuesday August 27th. SO EXCITED! How your clear liquid diet going?

Im so excited too! I pre op diet consists of 2 weeks, 3 protien shakes daily and up 250 calories of low glycemic veggies...so at least I am able to crunch on veggies, hows yours going?

58 minutes ago, hazel_ize said:

Welcome! Cheers to a fresh start in life and a new you! :)

On 08/24/2019 at 17:13, hazel_ize said:

Hi hazel_ize. I am also getting VSG on the 26th. I am super nervous and a little scared, you? I have been on the liquid diet for 3 weeks, so I will be glad to be done with that lol.

Hi there.... I am a little nervous too...but sooo excited to embrace the change coming on the other side. I would love to stay in touch and see how each other is doing and progressing on afterwards. Good luck on monday...sending you positive vibes for a speedy recovery

26 minutes ago, chriss_bt said:

Hi hazel_ize. I am also getting VSG on the 26th. I am super nervous and a little scared, you? I have been on the liquid diet for 3 weeks, so I will be glad to be done with that lol.

I just noticed you are in calgary!!! Woowho so am I! But I am flying to Toronto tomorrow for my surgery. It would be so great to make a local friend going though the same journey 😀🤗

3 hours ago, CrowLuv said:

Welcome! Cheers to a fresh start in life and a new you! :)

Thank you so much

On 08/24/2019 at 21:18, hazel_ize said:

I just noticed you are in calgary!!! Woowho so am I! But I am flying to Toronto tomorrow for my surgery. It would be so great to make a local friend going though the same journey 😀🤗

Crazy! I have found it is rare to find people in Calgary, that is so awesome! I am having surgery here, did you go through SmartShape? How does that all work? Do you stay in Toronto for a few days then fly back home?