Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

I had mine August 8 and yogurt is on week three of the gastric sleeve but if you had the gastric bypass it is on week 2.

8 hours ago, mr.sean said:

I'm 5 days post-op, and I've been hitting my Protein goal (70g) with 2 Premier Protein shakes per day, plus 2 light and fit greek yogurts.

wow! I am same as you and the Dr, has me on no shakes or yogurt…… Lucky lol

On 08/17/2019 at 16:41, PEGGO said:

Hi cc5. Welcome 🙂 When did you have your surgery? I had mine on 12th August .Im also confused about yoghurt. I hear from some people we can have it on the liquids , but It doesn’t say that on my paperwork.

I’ve seen some hospital webpages say only Clear Liquids for up to 2 weeks after the sleeve! My surgeon said clear liquids the first 2 days, then full liquids starting on day 3 if I can tolerate it. Nonfat Greek yogurt is the thickest full liquid on the list of full liquids. I’ve been eating the Greek yogurt since day 3 and it stays down. Takes me about 3-4 minutes to eat a 5oz container.

Tomorrow is the day!!! I kind of can't believe I have survived these two weeks on liquids...I'll be honest, I'm kind of sick of Protein Shakes and broth! It will be a relief to get to day 3 post-op and be able to have *full* liquids!

I had my bloodwork done Friday, and one of my tests indicated some clotting issues, so I had to start lovenox injections on Sunday. Luckily, not too bad :)

Tomorrow is the day!!! I kind of can't believe I have survived these two weeks on liquids...I'll be honest, I'm kind of sick of Protein Shakes and broth! It will be a relief to get to day 3 post-op and be able to have *full* liquids!
I had my bloodwork done Friday, and one of my tests indicated some clotting issues, so I had to start lovenox injections on Sunday. Luckily, not too bad [emoji4]

Good luck and speedy recovery [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, CelticBeautyEvolving said:

I had my bloodwork done Friday, and one of my tests indicated some clotting issues, so I had to start lovenox injections on Sunday. Luckily, not too bad :)

CONGRATS & CHEERS TO A SPEEDY RECOVERY! Started my 1 week full liquid stage yesterday, clear liquids Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Surgery Tuesday, August 27th!!! Please keep us posted with your recovery whenever you feel up to it : )

On 8/18/2019 at 11:57 AM, mr.sean said:

I’ve seen some hospital webpages say only Clear Liquids for up to 2 weeks after the sleeve! My surgeon said clear liquids the first 2 days, then full liquids starting on day 3 if I can tolerate it. Nonfat Greek yogurt is the thickest full liquid on the list of full liquids. I’ve been eating the Greek yogurt since day 3 and it stays down. Takes me about 3-4 minutes to eat a 5oz container.

Yes, that's my schedule too. Clear liquids first 2-3 days after surgery & full liquids for 2 weeks after that.

On 08/20/2019 at 11:06, CelticBeautyEvolving said:

Hi there,! I had my surgery yesterday. I thought it was strange but they gave me blood thinners right before my surgery. I expected it afterwards . In any case.... Very best of luck to you! Keep us posted

30 minutes ago, Danielle1940 said:

August 27th here

ME TOO! How's your liquid stage going?

4 days post OP and had my post OP class today with lunch included afterwards. I'd been on clear liquids since day before surgery.
I tell you, refried Beans has never tasted heavenly!!! I'll share a picture and it took me an hour to finish the beans. I couldn't finish the fruit!

I commend you guys with weeks long preop!!! Well done!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] Success will be yours soon. Can't wait to welcome you to the other side soon!🧡🧡🧡

First meal after weight loss. We were advanced straight to soft foods[emoji57]
I was actually worried initially but your tummy tells you when you have had a bite too many!!!20190820_114951.jpeg

21 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

First meal after weight loss. We were advanced straight to soft foods
I was actually worried initially but your tummy tells you when you have had a bite too many!!!20190820_114951.jpeg

What is it DeeDee? how long after surgery could you have that? Did you tolerate it ok !