Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

On 8/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, scrappygirl123 said:

My date is August 27th. I start my Oreos diet on Saturday. I little nervous about what I am really going to be like post op. My husband is not a great support system.

Don’t be nervous you are doing a great justice to your body

YAYYYY! SENDING POSITIVE VIBES YOUR WAY! Check back in later love!!!
Thanks so much HipHopDiva!! I made it[emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120] Yesterday was a son of b@@@h of pain [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. No matter how much I read it on here, saw it on YouTube, I couldn't have prepared for that gas pain. I was almost writhing in pain.
I quickly got walking and walking and walking! I was named the "walking queen" on my floor!
Just woke up this am and can come on the forum because I am feeling marginally better.

I can't believe I am on the other side! Feels surreal. My doc took a before and after of my stomach! Wow!! She actually said, this was the largest anatomical stomach she has EVER seen [emoji54][emoji54][emoji54][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22] and she would have thought big stomach would correlate to big BMI as a hypothesis but she's clearly wrong. She had to make the exit insition larger to get the stomach out!!![emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

Anyway, excuse all grammatical errors, still slightly under the influence of pain management.

Take care y'all, your time will arrive faster than you think! For us post OP, may our recovery remain speedy [emoji120]🤞[emoji169][emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations. You are on the team of recovery. My surgery was aug 8. I am doing good I was able to walk for 40 mins on yesterday and 52 mins today. I think I push it a little today I’m going to do less for the days to come. Push the Water and Protein Shake and walk which you are already doing. Speedy recovery. I’m excited for you

Went to my 2 week post op on Thursday and down 29 pounds. On soft/purées now. So far tried scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, hummus, and refried Beans. Tolerating it all pretty well except I had to add a moistener to the eggs to make them easier to take. Meeting my Fluid goal but struggling with the Protein intake even with 2 Protein Shakes a day. Is anyone getting their full protein amount? If so, how are you doing it?

You only require 60-90 gram 2 shake is good

35 minutes ago, mlgooding11 said:

Went to my 2 week post op on Thursday and down 29 pounds. On soft/purées now. So far tried scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, hummus, and refried Beans. Tolerating it all pretty well except I had to add a moistener to the eggs to make them easier to take. Meeting my Fluid goal but struggling with the Protein intake even with 2 Protein Shakes a day. Is anyone getting their full Protein amount? If so, how are you doing it?

CONGRATS to you on the 29 pound drop!! AWESOME! As for the protein intake, try putting some Protein Powder into your yogurts, cottage cheese and Soups (attach is brand I use). I also purchased several broths, soups on this site that included a good bit of protein. I'm sure more sleevers will offer other suggestions shortly. Keep losing and I will be joining you soon!!!!

20190817_114558.jpg

On 08/17/2019 at 11:06, mlgooding11 said:

Went to my 2 week post op on Thursday and down 29 pounds. On soft/purées now. So far tried scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, hummus, and refried Beans. Tolerating it all pretty well except I had to add a moistener to the eggs to make them easier to take. Meeting my Fluid goal but struggling with the Protein intake even with 2 Protein Shakes a day. Is anyone getting their full Protein amount? If so, how are you doing it?

Can you add in flavorless protein powder into eggs, cottage cheese, Beans etc? It was suggested to me to put the protein into a little warm water... let it melt then add into whatever I’m making

1 hour ago, Chiptress said:

Can you add in flavorless Protein Powder into eggs, cottage cheese, Beans etc? It was suggested to me to put the Protein into a little warm water... let it melt then add into whatever I’m making

Yes, you can put it in just about anything. I haven't tried it in eggs (there is a good protein balance in eggs already) yet but I have put it in ricotta bake/soup and didn't get a bad taste. Triple zero yogurt has about 16 grams of protein as well as 20 grams of protein in premier clear drinks. I have a good supply of that now. There is a buffalo chicken dip/avocado & spinach dip I love at Publix's I intend to eat a little of during the mush stage that has about 7/9 grams of protein as well. I have been scoping out different items for past 3 months. Make a green smoothie and add protein powder!! That's a great source of protein with spinach, a few frozen berries & hemp seed for energy! Keep us posted with your progress love ; )

20190817_132545.jpg

2 hours ago, mlgooding11 said:

I'm 5 days post-op, and I've been hitting my protein goal (70g) with 2 Premier Protein shakes per day, plus 2 light and fit greek yogurts.

We can have yogurt on the liquid diet. Did you have the sleeve or bypass

Asking I’m new to this

43 minutes ago, mr.sean said:

I'm 5 days post-op, and I've been hitting my Protein goal (70g) with 2 Premier Protein shakes per day, plus 2 light and fit greek yogurts.

YESSSSSS - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

2 hours ago, CC5280 said:

We can have yogurt on the liquid diet. Did you have the sleeve or bypass

Hi cc5. Welcome 🙂 When did you have your surgery? I had mine on 12th August .Im also confused about yoghurt. I hear from some people we can have it on the liquids , but It doesn’t say that on my paperwork.

Hi CC5 , Welcome 🙂 When did you have your surgery. I had mine on 12 th August. I’m also confused about yoghurt .I hear people say we can have it, but it doesn’t say that on my paperwork .? Can anyone throw any light on this ?