Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

No problem - we need each other for sure! My dietitian will video call me on August 19th to go over my pre-op diet. Due to my weight, it will only be 1 week. I'm so excited! I have my anesthesia assessment appointment August 13th at the hospital I will be having surgery. So - I'm almost there!! I will be taking 3 weeks off, returning after my follow-up with surgeon 9/18. EXCITED!

That's great, your covered from every angle and ready to go. What does the preop diet consist of? Is it liquids? I didnt have to do a preop diet but in a way I wish I did. I feel like it's good prep to what you will have to do after. X

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Nay143 said:

That's great, your covered from every angle and ready to go. What does the preop diet consist of? Is it liquids? I didnt have to do a preop diet but in a way I wish I did. I feel like it's good prep to what you will have to do after. X

4 days full liquids & 3 days Clear Liquids before surgery. She advised me to have a journal before our video conference so I can start accounting for what goes in my mouth. My daughter pulled a nice monthly schedule off internet and I made a nice note book (attached).

20190810_151144.jpg

20190810_151151.jpg

20190810_151223.jpg

20190810_151233.jpg

21 minutes ago, Nay143 said:

She almost started me on my Vitamins over a month ago so I can get adjusted to taking them timely with my work schedule - 4am, 8:00am, 12:30pm(after lunch) and last one before bed. I've been taking the Biotin capsules for 3 months to get them in my system but will switch over to the biotin melts after surgery to get a headstart from Hair loss. I take these before I leave work so they aren't close to my last Vitamin intake. Just being proactive before surgery!

20190810_152306.jpg

Surgery is tomorrow morning at MGH in Boston. I’m nervous and excited!

14 minutes ago, mr.sean said:

CONGRATS! You will do great - prayers going up for a success procedure and a speedy recovery!

58 minutes ago, mr.sean said:

Me Too Bro! I think there are a few of us on here having it tomorrow,,,Good Luck

On 6/18/2019 at 1:02 AM, Bianca S. said:

August 19th here :)

I'm Aug 19 too it's getting real.

1 minute ago, Jay19 said:

My surgeon only required the clear liquid diet 2 days before surgery. I’m supposed other people are doing it for so long. My surgery date is August 20th!

My Pre-Op appt is Wed. So I imagine that's when I'll have to start my liquid for the 19. that would only be 4 days for me.

My doc required 3 weeks high protein/very low carb diet, then clear liquids only the day before surgery. My surgery time tomorrow isn’t until 1 pm. I can continue with clears until 9 am tomorrow.

Good luck!!! Wishing you a smooth surgery and speedy recovery!![emoji253][emoji253]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app