Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

4 minutes ago, Carolina Rose said:
21 minutes ago, PEGGO said:

Haven’t quite got my head round this site yet . Can someone tell me , is the message above this for me ? or could it be for someone else ?

Hi Peggy. The message I replied with was to Chiptress. I have an iPhone so I only know how to respond using an iPhone. But to reply just hold your finger on the message the person typed and a box will pop up that says quote. Select that and then type your message. It lets that person know you’re responding to them.

Thank you Carolina :-) Trying to learn how to use this . Im on an Iphone too.

I was sleeved yesterday afternoon. I think the hardest part was dealing with dry mouth and no Water within those 24-36 hours.
Today, day after sleeve. I’ve been walking was able to consume ice chips (1.5hr to finish) and moving to juice soon.
I have not burped or relieved gas as much as I imagined I’d have to. But I do feel it up near my chest and shoulder.
Wish I could just massage it out.
Because they are taking so good care of me and I may not make it to Soup consumption by EOD I may just stay one more night.

Still contemplating.
Im curious how everyone’s 24 hours after sleeve have been?

Note: I gained 4lbs since right before by surgery. [emoji849]image-0.00095367431640625.thumb.jpg.f9ff45a3a6df095ac1a2aa100bba20cc.jpg
Congratulations!!!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] You led our month! Wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

72 hours in...
I spoke too soon. The worst day was after the surgery. Can’t tell if it’s because of coming down from meds and or the gas getting stuck at my chest making it so hard to breathe. I have stayed at the hospital almost 3 full days.
I got down watered down juice clear broth and finally creamed Soup. Just took a shower and now ready to go home.

How long will it take to get all the gas out? That had been more of an issue than I thought it’d be. It keeps triggering nausea. 😓
Time to go home.

72 hours in...
I spoke too soon. The worst day was after the surgery. Can’t tell if it’s because of coming down from meds and or the gas getting stuck at my chest making it so hard to breathe. I have stayed at the hospital almost 3 full days.
I got down watered down juice clear broth and finally creamed Soup. Just took a shower and now ready to go home.

How long will it take to get all the gas out? That had been more of an issue than I thought it’d be. It keeps triggering nausea. [emoji29]
Time to go home.
Awww, I hope you feel better soon Sillieali! Sounds like it shouldn't last long. Everyone says walking and walking both relieves and resolves the gas pain.
Take care and speedier recovery [emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

August 6th at 1215. Revision from gastric band to sleeve. Anyone else have a revision surgery?
Hello there[emoji112][emoji112] I had the lapband out in early May and will be revising to the sleeve on the 16th, 10 days from you! Are you having the removal and revision simultaneously??
Wishing you a smooth surgery day and I'll be rooting for you![emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]

Hi all - - well, I’m finally in surgery month...my Pre-Op appt is this week, on Thursday. I’m starting my 2 week liquid diet on Wednesday. I realized today that I have to teach an Inservice on the 15th...3 hours on my feet, teaching, after a week of liquids only. Kind of dreading that!

Here’s my real question for today though — those of you who are done with your surgery...if any of you had a hiatal hernia fixed at the same time, how long was your procedure? I’m trying to prep hubby for how long he has to wait :)

3 hours ago, CelticBeautyEvolving said:

Hi all - - well, I’m finally in surgery month...my Pre-Op appt is this week, on Thursday. I’m starting my 2 week liquid diet on Wednesday. I realized today that I have to teach an Inservice on the 15th...3 hours on my feet, teaching, after a week of liquids only. Kind of dreading that!

Here’s my real question for today though — those of you who are done with your surgery...if any of you had a hiatal hernia fixed at the same time, how long was your procedure? I’m trying to prep hubby for how long he has to wait :)

I too have the hiatal hernia and my doctor said about an hour but possibly up to 2 hours in recovery. i start the preop Wednesday too.....

On 7/30/2019 at 9:47 PM, Deegirl31 said:
On 7/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, PatsyB said:

August 15th. Really excited but getting really nervous too...

Me also! We can go through this together if you want. I’m nervous but making the best of it. Good luck with everything on your journey ❤️

That's awesome! We're like Surgery Sisters! Have you started the preop diet yet? I did and it's a killer! The only thing keeping me going is knowing what good lies ahead. Good luck!!

On 08/05/2019 at 14:57, PatsyB said:

Me also! We can go through this together if you want. I’m nervous but making the best of it. Good luck with everything on your journey ❤️

That's awesome! We're like Surgery Sisters! Have you started the preop diet yet? I did and it's a killer! The only thing keeping me going is knowing what good lies ahead. Good luck!!

Hey! Gosh it took forever to find your response so I could respond. Not sure how the site works. Anyway, I love that we are Sisters now and we can certainly go through this together! Yes I have started the diet, not to bad right now. Low calorie, low fat high Protein for 7 days, then liquid diet for 4, the 3 days clear liquid. There has to be a way we can keep in touch easier than searching through pages of comments. Lol

I am currently on day 3 of the pre-op liquid diet. This was my first day on it at work, and of course, there was an ice cream social. My coworkers were awesome though and did not eat around me, so that was much appreciated! I'm surprised by how little hunger I am feeling. I contribute this to sipping Water all day and spacing my Protein shakes/jello/broth out every 2 or so hours.

I feel better today than I did Saturday or Sunday. Yesterday I woke up with a killer headache. Today, the tylenol seemed to take care of it. I have been peeing a LOT. I think once an hour or every other hour or so.

My preop diet is as follows:

4 Protein Shakes per day

4 cups of raw vegetables (or 2 cups cooked) - but no starchy veggies. I am enjoying broccoli, carrots and zucchini for now, but will have to drop the broccoli and carrots 3 days prior to surgery

Unlimited: sugar free popsicles (not red), Jello (not red), broth, Decaf coffee or tea, sugar free juices, water

Day before surgery: Clear Liquids, no protein

We can do this!

Good luck to all of you having your surgery in August.
I had mine gastric bypass Roux-en-Y on the 2nd july 2019 so I'm 4 and half weeks post op. Its early days but I'm doing well. The clear liquid stage was hard for me, my surgeon likes his patients to do 3 weeks liquid, 2 weeks pureed, 2 weeks soft foods. I think as long as you prepare in advanced you will be fine. I found alot of Protein powders and shakes to be sickly or too sweet after, so I've stocked up on unflavoured Protein Powder. I can't wait to start the soft foods diet.
I'm surprised how quickly I was up and about after surgery. It helped to relieve the gas pain. I was very constipated for the first week, but then I was fine. The only thing which I'm struggling with is dairy, I have to go to the bathroom straight away if I've had any. I was told it was normal for the stomach to be sensitive to dairy after, that some cant tolerate it at all and others are ok after a few months.
Also I was shocked to all the noises my stomach makes, it's like a rumbling growling noise, as if your hungry.

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journeys!

I look forward to hearing from you and your experiences. xxx

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 08/05/2019 at 16:17, Azlanie said:

I am currently on day 3 of the pre-op liquid diet. This was my first day on it at work, and of course, there was an ice cream social. My coworkers were awesome though and did not eat around me, so that was much appreciated! I'm surprised by how little hunger I am feeling. I contribute this to sipping Water all day and spacing my Protein shakes/jello/broth out every 2 or so hours.

I feel better today than I did Saturday or Sunday. Yesterday I woke up with a killer headache. Today, the tylenol seemed to take care of it. I have been peeing a LOT. I think once an hour or every other hour or so.

My preop diet is as follows:

4 Protein Shakes per day

4 cups of raw vegetables (or 2 cups cooked) - but no starchy veggies. I am enjoying broccoli, carrots and zucchini for now, but will have to drop the broccoli and carrots 3 days prior to surgery

Unlimited: sugar free popsicles (not red), Jello (not red), broth, Decaf coffee or tea, sugar free juices, water

Day before surgery: Clear Liquids, no Protein

We can do this!

I know you got this! It’s interesting to read the different ways the doctors do things from pre-op to post-op. I wish you the absolute best on your surgery and will be watching and supporting you!

On 08/05/2019 at 16:22, Nay143 said:

Good luck to all of you having your surgery in August.
I had mine gastric bypass Roux-en-Y on the 2nd july 2019 so I'm 4 and half weeks post op. Its early days but I'm doing well. The clear liquid stage was hard for me, my surgeon likes his patients to do 3 weeks liquid, 2 weeks pureed, 2 weeks soft foods. I think as long as you prepare in advanced you will be fine. I found alot of Protein powders and shakes to be sickly or too sweet after, so I've stocked up on unflavoured Protein Powder. I can't wait to start the soft foods diet.
I'm surprised how quickly I was up and about after surgery. It helped to relieve the gas pain. I was very constipated for the first week, but then I was fine. The only thing which I'm struggling with is dairy, I have to go to the bathroom straight away if I've had any. I was told it was normal for the stomach to be sensitive to dairy after, that some cant tolerate it at all and others are ok after a few months.
Also I was shocked to all the noises my stomach makes, it's like a rumbling growling noise, as if your hungry.

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journeys!

I look forward to hearing from you and your experiences. xxx

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For sharing and updating your experience after surgery. I’m so exciting for you and that all has worked out well so far for you. Best of luck on the rest of your journey and positive thoughts that it’s as smooth as possible.

I’m on day 6 of liquid diet and have been struggling with a weird pulsing in my head and lightheadedness. My nutritionist said maybe I’m having too much liquid? I don’t know. Also I have zero patience right now, my fuse was nonexistent at work today. 😬😬😬😬