Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

12th August. It was supposed to have been the 25th, but was ready to go down to theatre and it was cancelled because the it was too hot to safely operate. At least my liver should be shrunk enough after doing the liver diet for 4 weeks !

I’ll be going in tomorrow 8/1 [emoji846]. Sometimes I miss the California sunshine until I remember those 90+ summer days.
Wow!!! Starting us out!! Good luck and have a wonderful and safe surgery!!!![emoji253][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is on 8/5 and I also did a hardcore food funeral. All your fears are normal. Its exactly what I've been fearing. Its scary to think that our lives are going to change so drastically. For me, its such a fear because food is all I know. I associate happiness with food, celebration with food, fun with food, and the list can go on, but that's about to stop. To imagine another way of life is almost impossible. I even posted a topic a few weeks ago about how I felt like this surgery was ripping a part of my heart out and tearing my culture away because food is a huge thing for Peruvians. To be honest I haven't fully conquered these fears and my surgery is this Monday :o
Last night, I stayed up late second guessing my decision and thought about why I decided to take such an extreme approach. I asked myself questions like: Why cant I just be "normal" and diet instead of cutting off 80% of my stomach? why cant I just do this without surgery? My answers to my own questions began to calm my fears and made me realize why I'm doing this in the first place. No amount of fear can outweigh the want to be HEALTHY and LIVE a life worth living. Try focusing on whats more important... Its not easy but you got this!
Well said!!!!!!![emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Just got my surgery date last week. I'm having surgery on August 27th! My husband is going in the week before, on Aug 20Th. It's such a relief to see the day in sight! We have been jumping through hoops and dealing with delays since the beginning of January.

Good luck! Is your husband having this surgery too? I’ve been doing the pathway for 2and 1/2 years. I was approved for surgery last year , and told it would be November , but it didn’t happen . Then I was having it last week and it was cancelled at the last minute because of the extreme heat . They said it wasn’t safe . I’m having it on 12th August now.

Thank you for posting that Deedee. I’m sure that you could have helped lots of people feel a bit easier . Well done 😀

I looked through the thread, but didn't see anyone else in Houston...Are any of you in the Houston area?

Thank you for posting that Deedee. I’m sure that you could have helped lots of people feel a bit easier . Well done [emoji3]
Marvelgirl posted it!![emoji169]

I'm currently at my Pre-OP class!!! Things are getting real!!!![emoji109][emoji109]

Hi Native Girl ,

Im just curious , why do they do that? I hope you don’t mind me asking . I’m having bypass on 12 th August.

Sooooo. I was just approved for my surgery on the 20th. I’m getting very nervous as the date came sooner than anticipated. I’m nervous about the pain but have been assured that my doctor keeps on top of pain & nausea after surgery. I have my pre-op appt. with my surgeon on Monday. Thank goodness he only requires 1 week liquid pre-op liquid diet. 🤣

August 13th here! 💕

23 hours ago, AppyMoe said:

Just got my surgery date last week. I'm having surgery on August 27th! My husband is going in the week before, on Aug 20Th. It's such a relief to see the day in sight! We have been jumping through hoops and dealing with delays since the beginning of January.

I am August 27th too! I wish it was earlier, but I am excited to hear how things go for the rest of the August group. Where is your surgery? I am in Denver, CO.