Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

AnnieD78
We are surgery twins!!!! Aug 12 I am getting my VSG!!!

Michael S- Aug 12 in the house!!!!

Well, I am scheduled for July 31, but will still be in the hospital in August! liquid diet will begin August 2, at home, I hope. Please consider me an August buddy. All the July people will old hats by the time I am discharged!

Well, I am scheduled for July 31, but will still be in the hospital in August! liquid diet will begin August 2, at home, I hope. Please consider me an August buddy. All the July people will old hats by the time I am discharged!
Absolutely!! Welcome to our club!!! Success will surely be ours!!!🤞🤲🤲

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am just getting used to using this forum site. I love it. I hope to post pictures of every step, including what my home in Mexico looks like, the hospital, staff etc. I think it would be interesting for people to see. I am excited, nervous, but feeling very fortunate. This is Round 3 for me, with the modification of my RNY. I am feeling good that I am 87 pounds below my pre 2000 surgery. I have kept a lot of the weight off. With this site and all the great tools out there, I feel really hopeful that I will succeed in getting off the rest of the fat. Good luck to everyone here, and I hope we all have wifi on our phones in the hospital. It would be great to see pictures!

6 hours ago, ValerieInMexico said:

Of course! Good luck!! ❤️

I'm getting extremely impatient as I get closer to the date! I just want to do this thing already. liquid diet starts this Monday so I've just been getting everything I need for that.

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I'm getting extremely impatient as I get closer to the date! I just want to do this thing already. liquid diet starts this Monday so I've just been getting everything I need for that.

I'm getting to anxious. Tomorrow is my surgical clearance appt with the NP at my surgeon's office. After that I just have to go to the seminar a week before, and get blood work, and start my pre-op diet on the 29th! It seems like forever but it's going to go super fast I have a feeling. I'm anxious.

25 minutes ago, apiane said:

I'm getting to anxious. Tomorrow is my surgical clearance appt with the NP at my surgeon's office. After that I just have to go to the seminar a week before, and get blood work, and start my pre-op diet on the 29th! It seems like forever but it's going to go super fast I have a feeling. I'm anxious.

Thats awesome! We're getting there :) I think once we hit the preop diet the process will feel faster and more real.

I begin my preop on the 20th. My biggest challenge is coffee. Picture this: On my kitchen counter I have an nespresso espresso machine, a Keurig, a grind and brew coffee maker. In my pantry I have a coffee press and a large coffee maker for when I have guests. I live in a 924 sq foot apartment. In Mexico, I have all the same coffee making things. I just ordered a portable espresso maker for travel.

I am a 3 shots of espresso a day person. I always drink the espresso with milk in the form of a latte or Cappuccino.

Three Decaf coffees throughout the day.

I am now down to one shot of caffeinated espresso per day. 4 coffee drinks with cashew milk made with decaf espresso.

Giving up that final, last shot of espresso is going to be the hardest thing ever. I thought I better go down to 1/2 decaf espresso shot during the first week of my pre-surgical. Four days before.... I will give it up completely and deal with the headaches.... ugh.

3 hours ago, apiane said:

Good luck. I hope everything goes well.

On 6/25/2019 at 7:25 AM, KimTrim said:

Me!!!! Just got word a few mins ago of insurance approval!! August 12 is the date for me!!

Me too! It's coming fast, I'm nervous but excited to get this part done.

My surgical clearance is done! I have all of the prescriptions I'm going to need after surgery and I'm just waiting to hear from the hospital about scheduling my seminar and blood work. And to boot I lost 1.5 lbs! I'm so ready!

August 15th 😃