Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

I should be hearing my date any day now, expecting an August one I’ve done everything required and had all the tests done. It’s been a 7 almost 8 month process for me. Trying to stay patient wish insurance didn’t take so long.
I’ve lost 45 lbs on my own so far pre surgery can already feel a difference health wise so I’m excited for the future loss the surgery will give me. I started at 296. We own horses and I want to ride my horses again as my kids have grown up and are working on their careers so the horses aren’t getting road by them anymore. It’s my turn again and I’m so looking forward to it but gotta lose this weight first. Good luck to you and hopefully I’ll be posting my date real soon!!!
🤞🤞🤞🤞

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery date is August 12!! I’m getting RNY and am seriously scared. Also excited, obviously. My liquid diet starts on July 29 and there are literally no solid foods allowed except sugar free Jello. I’m going to be honest I’m having a serious food funeral, not even trying to watch what I eat. I realize this probably isn’t the healthiest approach. 😳😳😳😳

Welcome AnnieD78!!! We all know exactly how you feel!! It's tough to wrap your head around something so life-changing!! But, being on this forum and reading people's experiences and their journey is such a boost!!! I can honestly say that seeing their physical, emotional and even occasional spiritual transformations has helped me combat my anxiety especially the anxiety of going through ALL these and failing!!! [emoji25] What I have learned from the inspiring people here is that failure won't be an option when you follow all the directions given to work the tool of wls, work on believing you won't fail this time, be deeply open to exploring your relationship with food and combating old patterns. When/if we do this, that success will surely be ours! The low risk of the surgery versus the high benefits of weight loss and change definitely makes this a no brainer and that's why you have spent the energy needed to come this far.

Having said that, I did have my own funerals like no man's business and Concluded July 1st. I needed that so I can come to peace with the eventual break up from "my habits"[emoji28][emoji28]. It's been only 4 days but I'm truly at peace, even calmer. Working on my head game (for me this is truly more important than food!). I have to come to terms with the possibility of not being morbidly obese. That for me is the true mind f@@k and the rooted cause self sabotage in the past!!!! NOT AGAIN!!

There's a thread on here about working on your head for wls that was started by FluffyChix that I would recommend. I'm not very savvy with this site yet to post it but I hope you find it as helpful and beneficial like I have.

Take care and our turn will come soon. Sending positive vibes your way. Happy Independence Day [emoji322][emoji323][emoji322][emoji323]....if you are American [emoji1]

On 7/4/2019 at 7:19 AM, AnnieD78 said:

My surgery date is August 12!! I’m getting RNY and am seriously scared. Also excited, obviously. My liquid diet starts on July 29 and there are literally no solid foods allowed except sugar free Jello. I’m going to be honest I’m having a serious food funeral, not even trying to watch what I eat. I realize this probably isn’t the healthiest approach. 😳😳😳😳

Omg congrats!! ❤️❤️❤️

My liquid diet starts July 22 and I'm doing the same. Its tough but we have to be strong. Its hard saying goodbye to old habits when friends and family just want to take you out to eat so you can properly say goodbye to all the food you love lol

My surgery date is August 5th & my pre op is July 22nd!! And somewhere between excited and nervous!!

AUG 12. and like someone else mentioned I am going through the Last Supper Syndrome....., I sure am going to miss Bar B Q I am eating everything not nailed down.

Edited by Guest
tye o

On 07/05/2019 at 20:23, Michael S said:

AUG 12. and like someone else mentioned I am going through the Last Supper Syndrome....., I sure am going to miss Bar B Q I am eating everything not nailed down.

Don’t enjoy too much, if you do I hope you don’t end up like me gaining 15lbs and needing to lose by actually your surgery date at my pre op appointment with my surgeon

funny!!!

I got done with ALL food Funerals July 1st. I'd gained 6lbs from the indulgence and lost 4lbs since Monday. I hope to stay focused but family is going on a vacation in 2 weeks to Mexico and then a cruise to the Bahamas first week of August Trying not to freak my surgeon out with any massive gains right before surgery!! Oy vey!!🤷‍♀️
God help me and US all!!

My date has been moved up to August 22nd !!! I am beyond excited but also scared.

Woo! I got my approval letter from my insurance in the mail yesterday! I'm waiting for my two pre op appointments and then all I have to do is wait =D

I’m hoping for late Aug! I should be receiving my date July 30th. I can’t wait to find out ☺️

Mine is August 26th!

On 7/6/2019 at 2:41 AM, Deedee12 said:

funny!!!

I got done with ALL food Funerals July 1st. I'd gained 6lbs from the indulgence and lost 4lbs since Monday. I hope to stay focused but family is going on a vacation in 2 weeks to Mexico and then a cruise to the Bahamas first week of August Trying not to freak my surgeon out with any massive gains right before surgery!! Oy vey!!🤷‍♀️
God help me and US all!!

Good luck! I just got back from a trip and I'm surprised I haven't gained!

On 07/12/2019 at 21:42, Jenvy said:

Mine is August 26th!
Jenvy we are surgery twins! I am 7:30am :). So excited!