Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vomit after drinking and eating

I’m not sure what’ I’m doing wrong. I’m 12 days post op. I was told to s art and increase my foods, I start purées soon and to add a scrambled egg. So I did, I got maybe 1/4 of it eaten, then within 5 minutes, it all came back up. It’s been about 5 hours since, I’ve vomited maybe twice more. I thought I woul d have a glass of milk, as I felt fine. Nope, that came back up too. I a, burping constantly. Am I overfull? I’ve only had 1/2 Protein Shake, about 30 oz of Water, 1/4 egg and 2 sips of milk all day. Does this mean I’m not ready for that type of food?

Are you taking a good half hour to eat,? laying down your spoon between bites?, and they should not be bigger than a dime. You never can bolt down food like you once did. Pretend you are at the Dolls Tea Party. What still works for me is the 2oz cup of Fluid every 15 minutes, that makes 8 oz in a hour. If you keep up for the 8 or so hours you are awake you will have fluid enough (64oz). I still. often will even do my Protein Shakes in that manner. Your tummy may not want the solidness of eggs, you can step back down to liquids, clear and murky Soups, thin puree, see if that will stay down better. If you continue doing this you should bring your bariatric team into the loop. You could end up like me , 8 months out, still battling a strictured stoma to my pouch and multiple ulcers in my jejunem, the part of small intestine my pouch is supposed to empty into. And I still vomit,3 times this week, tried to introduce some tender ground chicken, Precious Pouch would have none of that so up it came. The next was trying to drink,instead of ladylike sips, and the 3rd? Don't really know why it happened just that it did. I still have pain over the location frequently. But I realize for me, it is what it is, and might as well accept and still move forward with peace and 😂 joy.

Good chance the egg just made you sick. Take it easy for a day and try eggs in a few week maybe. Eggs always make me feel sick still.

I couldn't eat eggs at the beginning - I can now. Maybe just give them a miss for a while and try again later once you've healed up.