Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help from sleeve vets

So I am a year and 2 months out and have noticed I keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs. Did anyone else experience this, how long will it last, and what does this mean.

Could it be linked to your cycle? Prior to having a hysterectomy my weight would fluctuate around 5 pounds a week before and the week of my period. Mostly due to bloating and Fluid retention, and a little bit cravings.

there were a couple of times during year 2 that I stalled for quite awhile and thought "this is it - my body is done", but then my weight loss would start up again - albeit slowly. So you may end up losing more...

1 hour ago, Pearldrop said:

Could it be linked to your cycle? Prior to having a hysterectomy my weight would fluctuate around 5 pounds a week before and the week of my period. Mostly due to bloating and Fluid retention, and a little bit cravings.

I had my hysterectomy years before my sleeve but I've seen other posts where people have said they were going through the same thing, just curious because everything happens in phases with the sleeve.

4 hours ago, Njgurl said:

So I am a year and 2 months out and have noticed I keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs. Did anyone else experience this, how long will it last, and what does this mean.

How long have you been on the five-pound plateau? If it’s a stall, work your plan and wait it out. I still experience this at almost five years out. I reevaluated how I was working my plan. Some things to try

• Log your food and make sure you are eating your weight loss calories and macros. You may need to adjust them. (I have to admit; it only takes me a few days off plan to see a weight bounce)
  • If you are eating the same foods over and over. Try switching your menu up.
  • If your exercise/activity has become a stale routine or your intensity is the same. It’s time to change it up.
  • Some people do intermittent fasting. Here is a link to the thread if you’re interested.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/419144-intermittent-fasting-daily-menuresultsaccountability/?page=164&tab=comments#comment-4768671

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:31 AM, Njgurl said:

LITERALLY the store of my life: had surgery October 2017. Started at 5'8" 278...lost about 75 pounds the first year. Then for the last 6 months I have been gaining and losing the same 5 or so pounds.

On 4/23/2019 at 3:31 AM, Njgurl said:

i have gained and lost the same 2 lbs since Feb. (147-149 up and down weekly)

i take it to mean that my body is happy right where it is and my calorie intake is perfect for maintenance.

Since i am well below doctors weight goal i am doing nothing about it.

If you still need or want more weight loss you will have to change up what you are doing.

are you tracking everything you eat. You cant control what you don't measure.

adjust your workout to increase resistance training. more muscle equals higher metabolism

Are you still eating clean (no sugars no, processed carbs) or have you slipped back toward quick easy food found in the middle of the store.

Shop the 3 walls of your store and stay out of the middle where everything is highly processed.

No One has every seen a box of anything growing in a field. Keep your food as close as you can to the way it comes out of the field.

And finally if you are not losing weight you need to stay away from fruit. Sorry but it is sugar and the very thing animals gorge themselves on to get fat every summer.

All of the above is my opinion only and you are free to take it or leave it.

What worked for me may not work for you so you will have to find your own path. i wish you luck and don't give up there is a path for you just keep working at it.