Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extreme Measures

So I made the decision to get rid of these extra pounds once and for all. Iv’e been doing this and that but nothing seems to have worked my goal weight is getting further away. After 5 1/2 years I love being at goal and hate the fact I’m carrying around now almost 20lb that I shouldn’t be.
It really boils down to lack of making the right choices. There will be many people that disagree with how I’m going to tackle this but I need to act and I need to act now.
As of this morning I have gone back on the shakes, 3 a day instead of meals and a small portion of Protein at night. Walking 10,000 steps and drinking 2 liters of Water.< br /> I plan on doing this for 2 weeks and then see where I’m at then start to introduce real food (high protein)
If anyone else has done this or is thinking about doing it please let me know how you went. I really dislike the shakes but they worked so well prior to surgery so long ago that I figure it’s worth a try.
I’ll check in each day to confirm that I have stuck to it and if it’s working

It sounds like a good plan. I've been in a stall for a month now, so I just started back on just shakes yesterday, so it sounds like we have the same idea.

Good luck! Work your tool and your tool will work! You got this!

5 hours ago, ausmith said:

So I made the decision to get rid of these extra pounds once and for all. Iv’e been doing this and that but nothing seems to have worked my goal weight is getting further away. After 5 1/2 years I love being at goal and hate the fact I’m carrying around now almost 20lb that I shouldn’t be.
It really boils down to lack of making the right choices. There will be many people that disagree with how I’m going to tackle this but I need to act and I need to act now.
As of this morning I have gone back on the shakes, 3 a day instead of meals and a small portion of Protein at night. Walking 10,000 steps and drinking 2 liters of Water.< br /> I plan on doing this for 2 weeks and then see where I’m at then start to introduce real food (high protein)
If anyone else has done this or is thinking about doing it please let me know how you went. I really dislike the shakes but they worked so well prior to surgery so long ago that I figure it’s worth a try.
I’ll check in each day to confirm that I have stuck to it and if it’s working

Fantastic! Bring on your summer bod!

It will reset your head, and rid your liver of glucose. Good luck. I havebeen watching youtube videos of Dr Duc Vuong for a good arss kicking reality

So one day down and I woke up this morning feeling good. I completed everything I set out to do yesterday 12,000 steps, 2 liters of Water, 3 shakes and tea and coffee throughout the day. It’s funny I found myself going to the fridge to grab a snack from time to time but remembered before I grabbed anything.
I haven’t been hungry so I know snacking is just a habit from boredom.
I won’t weigh myself for a couple of days, so hopefully this reset gives me the results I need.

Day 3 I’ve stuck to the plan but I’m lacking a bit of energy which is to be expected. I added a cup of low starch veg ( Tomato, cucumber and mushroom ) yesterday. This will still keep me under the 800 cal a day. I’ve lost 3.3 pounds I couldn’t help myself so far the majority of that is probably Fluid but at least I’m seeing positive results.
I also met my step and Water goals so all going well, getting closer to were I need to be.

WTG! That's awesome progress!!! You got this!

Ok still on plan 4lb down and met majority of my goals. I only managed 8000 steps today. 3 shakes and a cup of low starch veg. Struggling with low energy but hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Knowing that I’m getting results is making it worthwhile

I’m thrilled to be following your results !! Very proud of you getting back to basics. I’m only 3 months out so that severe lethargic feeling on the liquid diet is still fresh! I don’t know how you’re managing all those steps but keep up the great work 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

So inspirational! Let us know how you are progressing!

Still on plan and really feeling the effects but i know it’ll get easier.6lb down It’s not easy but at least I’m seeing results. This is the most weight I’ve lost at one time since going into maintenance. Not as many steps today only 5600 but i just didn’t have enough energy.

Your energy will pick up once your body converts to burning fat for fuel. Are your drinks/meals low Protein?

FluffyChix i’m using Optifast the same ones I used pre-surgery 5 1/2 years ago. Today was a bust I ate a few things that definitely put me over the 800 calories. Still 6lb down but I know tomorrow I’ll either move backwards or stay the same. Although I’ll be definitely back on track I won’t be using today as an excuse to destroy this opportunity