Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All!
I had my surgery in 12/2015. I am slowly starting to see myself gain weight back and it’s severely depressing. I have dreams about it and I can’t quite seem to get back on track. Do you have any suggestions that will help me be successful?

Which surgery did you have?

How much weight did you initially lose before you starting regaining?

How do you handle stress?

Do you hate exercising?

Do you have a bariatric buddy to spend face-to-face time with?

Go back to the basics. Weigh and measure everything you eat. Stay between 600-800 calories a day. Get your 60 g Protein daily with 64 oz of Water.

I had the sleeve. I lost about 127 I gained back 25.

How I handle stress lately varies. Sometimes eating, sometimes drinking sometimes working tour

I don’t hate exercising I love it. Never gave that up.

I don’t have a bariatric buddy to face time with or spend time with

2 minutes ago, Senshetta said:

I struggle with drinking Water. Hardest thing for me to drink. I can barely get a bottle down unless I’m in the gym

I don't get "water" per se but I definitely get 64 oz of liquids a day. I use Crystal Light in my Water. I drink unsweetened iced tea. The Protein Drinks count as liquid too.

1 hour ago, Senshetta said:

I can make that adjustment but I was told Water. It’s too acidic for my stomach. I just can’t do it. I need to lose at least 35 lbs

I also struggle with Water. I found out cinaom tea ( using cinnamon sticks in the water) and peppermint tea are great warm. I make a 32 oz pot and that is my tea goal for the day. Crystal light is the other 32 oz.

On 04/23/2019 at 05:11, Senshetta said:

I can make that adjustment but I was told Water. It’s too acidic for my stomach. I just can’t do it. I need to lose at least 35 lbs
Water is too acidic?

Yes it is for me, which is something to told me could happen. I seriously struggle Water alone by itself. I’ve tried a few other things however, sometimes I find the water too sweet or I get bored with the flavor but I know I need to drink it. I try to stay away from sugary drinks as they make me sick and anything more than 1 glass of wine makes me throw up.

On 04/23/2019 at 07:16, Senshetta said:

Yes it is for me, which is something to told me could happen. I seriously struggle Water alone by itself. I’ve tried a few other things however, sometimes I find the Water too sweet or I get bored with the flavor but I know I need to drink it. I try to stay away from sugary drinks as they make me sick and anything more than 1 glass of wine makes me throw up.
Yes, all of that is relatable, many of us struggle finding ways to hit our fluid goals, as many drinks aren’t palatable in large quantities

But to say water is too acidic, probably isn’t accurate. Water is generally ph neutral. If you REALLY believe regular water is acidic, then you should try alkaline water, with a higher ph (it’s slightly basic)

Do you have a flavor in life you really like? Make an INFUSION with that, have someone who likes cucumbers, she puts slices in her drinking Water, another likes lemon, so lemon or citrus slices, another ( shudder) ❤ loves watermelon, pureed some up and made watermelon-ade, see I think All Melon is yucky and makes me puke! Told Anvie, don't breathe on me or I shall hurl and you're not going to like THAT!

9 hours ago, Senshetta said:

Hi All!
I had my surgery in 12/2015. I am slowly starting to see myself gain weight back and it’s severely depressing. I have dreams about it and I can’t quite seem to get back on track. Do you have any suggestions that will help me be successful?

The weight you want to lose is much easier than a 50 80 100+. Pound gain.... It can be done.

Years out, much of weight loss is fighting the mental battles to get back on track.

Seriously I have motivators on my fridge to remind me of my goal and where I want to be. Its right in my face when I am seeking food. Makes me stop and ask. Am I hungry? How much room for calories do I have left in my log for the day? Is this boredom or emotional/stress eating? (see photos below *lol*)

All I can share is my personal experience. I’m a sleeve. My surgery was in 2014. I have worked off a gain in my third year.

• Log your food. Make sure you are eating your weight loss calories and macros.(Log including alcohol) I’m female 5”5” My calories are 900 to 1100 Carbs are 60 grams for weight loss. ***We are all different - You may need to dial in your calories to see what range you lose weight***. If you need help with this let me know.
  • Get temptation out of the house and keep healthy options for sweet and salty cravings.
  • I have a bit less restriction than I had in the first year. I found ways to fill the extra space and keep my calories/macros in range. Add as much veggies as you like until full.
  • Ditch liquid and soft stage Protein. Dense protein will help keep you feeling more satisfied.
  • I’m not sure how you are going to trouble shoot your hydration. My surgeon gave me a prescription for zantac. Trial and error for fluids that sit well. I drink crystal light, pre workout or nuun tabs.
  • I’m also back in weight loss mode for the summer* My food log is open.

d31bb7ee18ca7ef0180896d54623e5d6.jpg

weight-loss-is-70-percent-diet.jpg

NO FOOD AFTER 7.jpg

Hi All!

This helped me. But ya I got caught up three months in on wanting to experiment with my old foods.. it didnt go so hot.. so after my last drs appt. I found this plan somewhere on this site and I put it as my phone background to help remind me.e2638c39a78669192cd2f6dafa227e22--constantly-tired-workout-challenge.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app