Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All kinds of bathroom problems

Last chance to skedaddle on out of this thread, I'm diving right into this hog mess.

Onset of symptoms: week 3.

Duration of symptoms: 2 weeks.

Symptoms in question: Constipation, diarrhea, intense pain sometimes accompanied by nausea, itching, occasional bleeding, dryness/irritation.

Diet: 2-3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt mixed with Protein Powder and splenda at each meal. 4-5 meals daily. Supplement Protein needs with Premier chocolate protein (pre-mixed).

Have tried under the advisement of my doctor: more Water, suppositories (have helped bleeding), hemorrhoid wipes, drinking more water, triple paste (diaper cream), exercising more, Probiotics, more water.

Have tried against medical advice: more Fiber.

I actually went home early today because I wasnt getting any work done with all my crying trips to the bathroom. I had only 5oz of my Protein Drink (instead of 11) and only ate 2 tbsps of yogurt at all today. Considering calling in tomorrow.

TL;DR

I'm really hoping that with all of this info yall will be able to point out something glaringly obvious that I am doing wrong so I can bring this suffering to an end. 😂

I've used Milk of Magnesia when I haven't pooped in a while.

Though once, immediately after surgery, I hadn't gone for a week or so and when the MOM didn't work, I took Senkot-S and that did the trick. Explosively, in fact. I haven't taken it since as just the MOM (or glycerin suppositories) works for me now when things get backed up.

Your problem is nothing to trigger skedaddling as far as I'm concerned. Good on you for creating this topic!

Do you take any meds that might be contributing to your Constipation? Here, for example, are some meds that trigger constipation: https://www.goodrx.com/blog/the-big-8-constipation-causing-medications/

https://www.medicinenet.com/constipation/article.htm#what_is_constipation

Dietwise, you sound like you're doing the right things. Do you have any food allergies by chance?

3 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

Do you take any meds that might be contributing to your Constipation? Here, for example, are some meds that trigger constipation: https://www.goodrx.com/blog/the-big-8-constipation-causing-medications/

https://www.medicinenet.com/constipation/article.htm#what_is_constipation

Dietwise, you sound like you're doing the right things. Do you have any food allergies by chance?

Well dang I take Iron daily and zofran a few time per week.

Didnt even consider i might have a food allergy to something.... with that in mind, I'll try some other foods and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Lochnessamber said:

Well dang I take Iron daily

That will do it.

Symptoms in question: Constipation, diarrhea, intense pain sometimes accompanied by nausea, itching, occasional bleeding, dryness/irritation.

Diet: 2-3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt mixed with Protein Powder and splenda at each meal. 4-5 meals daily. Supplement Protein needs with Premier chocolate Protein (pre-mixed).

Have you & your team considered that you may have developed an allergy to your new diet? Try a different type of protein for a bit to see if things change.

Edited by GreenTealael

It's been a couple of days since your last post. Are you still having painful Constipation?

What changes, if any, have helped?

12 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

It's been a couple of days since your last post. Are you still having painful Constipation?

What changes, if any, have helped?

Thanks, been meaning to update.

Constipation has now been replaced by diarrhea, and I'm not sure what's causing that. No more Greek yogurt, probiotics, or whey Protein drinks; overall cutting out dairy is an improvement. So far each meal has been pureed seafood and I've made a greater effort to get more vegetables in.

Theres still pain/bleeding/itching, but it is less intense, so I'm grateful. I just have to keep up on Water intake.

And let's hope your sitter gets less bitter and better days are ahead for you! Now maybe you can get back to the business of growing smaller and healthier.