Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm lucky with my pre-op diet. I have a Meal Replacement Protein Shake morning and evening, then a regular healthy Protein packed lunch with lots of veggies. Sounds a lot easier than total liquids only! Good luck to you!

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:04 AM, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

So how did everyone get past any fear you had? I'm so terrified of dying on the table, dying from malnutrition, or complications. On the other hand, I'm so excited that I can't stand it lol I'm having the surgery no matter what but I wanted to know if these feelings are normal or if I'm just being a paranoid psychopath....

Honestly, I was more afraid of not doing the surgery than I was to go through with it. I was 463 pounds, and I knew that if I didn't do something, I wasn't going to live as long as I want to. My weight was hindering me from doing the things that I loved to do. All I did was go to work, eat, and go home. My weight stopped me from doing more. So, I wasn't scared. I was ready to get my new life started. If you just follow your doctor's plan, you don't have to worry about malnutrition or other poor side effects. It's been the best thing I've ever done. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to.

I got scared about 50 pounds sooner but I felt the same things. And now I am down to 228. a dream I find I don't want to end, I will see this through until I am thinner and a winner! Ooh I do like that rhyming mantra!

1 hour ago, FancyChristine15 said:

Honestly, I was more afraid of not doing the surgery than I was to go through with it. I was 463 pounds, and I knew that if I didn't do something, I wasn't going to live as long as I want to. My weight was hindering me from doing the things that I loved to do. All I did was go to work, eat, and go home. My weight stopped me from doing more. So, I wasn't scared. I was ready to get my new life started. If you just follow your doctor's plan, you don't have to worry about malnutrition or other poor side effects. It's been the best thing I've ever done. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to.

That's a way to think about it!!! Thank you for your uplifting story. I just need to calm down lol

41 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

I got scared about 50 pounds sooner but I felt the same things. And now I am down to 228. a dream I find I don't want to end, I will see this through until I am thinner and a winner! Ooh I do like that rhyming mantra!

That's a great mantra.

You won’t die, Put your soul in The hands of Jesus and let Him handle it..

And no matter how early or late
in the Day it is for your Surgery, He's already up, on the job and watching over YOU!❤
And you will not die of malnutrition, your doctor's will intervene before that happens. I was at risk, had 3 months of TPN being fed through an arm vein 12 hours daily, came out fine, sassy as ever, lost 30 pounds in a month, might not duplicate that but I am still losing but in a healthier way. There is nothing to fear, had multiple operations but this was by far the easiest. And although my recovery has not been classic it still isn't THAT BAD, could never have lost what I have on diet alone. Precious Pouch is a cruel taskmistress at times, but she and I will be a duo until my death, and I don't plan that for anytime soon. You are going to do fine , if I can do it at 72 it should be easy- peasy for you. Stop looking for calamity, just cross your bridges, nobody asked you to build overpasses, side ramps and round-abouts. And if you need to talk I'm almost always here!

I prayed 😂.

You'll be great!

I put off having weight loss surgery for a long time. Why. Fear! Then I had very serious back surgery with plates and screws etc. the pain before the surgery is horrific.
I had a fabulous Christian surgeon who warned me that my back was a mess and additional surgeries were probably in my future —unless I could lose at least 100 pounds. He knew I had tried everything, so he suggested the gastric sleeve.
So 4 months later I had the surgery. And that was almost 4 months ago now. BEST DECISION I’ve made lately. I feel good! I’ve lost 45 lbs. and I know my health is daily improving.
Follow your drs plan. Eat what they say. Keep up your Protein and your Water, and take your Vitamin regimen. And PUT YOUR FEAR ASIDE!
And don’t listen to nay sayers. They come out in droves. I told no one except for my very supportive family and my Pastors.
My ONLY regret is not doing it sooner. (However, now was the right time)
I’m so glad God has given me this chance to get healthier to enjoy retirement with my husband of 42 years and enjoy my kids and especially my grandbabies!!!
AND there are lots of supportive and encouraging people here in this forum!!!

Yeah, I felt those things. As for dying on the table… You’ll be asleep then you’ll be dead so I don’t think it’ll affect you a whole lot.

8 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Stop looking for calamity, just cross your bridges, nobody asked you to build overpasses, side ramps and round-abouts. And if you need to talk I'm almost always here!

I loved this. It made me feel better. Plus I just watched a video of the surgery and it was oddly comforting lol

4 hours ago, Charlie75 said:

Yeah, I felt those things. As for dying on the table… You’ll be asleep then you’ll be dead so I don’t think it’ll affect you a whole lot.

For some reason this post actually struck a chord in me. You're right. If I die on the table then I wont know.

You will be fine. Listen to those who have replied to you. You have a ton of support and as for the fear? Ya, know...I think I would be worried for you, if you weren't worried for yourself.

Thanks to everyone who has posted to this thread!

I was afraid but if you really want something you have to not let the fear take you over. Also my surgeon does like 4 of these a day so that was reassuring. Right after surgery I regretted it because I was in so much pain. 2 weeks out and I’m glad I did it. Even though where they took my stomach out still hurts like a bitch.

19 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

That's the fear that I have because of my babies. I guess you don't really realize how much you really live for your kids until you're faced with something like this. My kids are my world but I know if I dont do this, I'm more than likely going to die young anyway from some obesity related complications.

The procedure hasn't gotten so much better than when I first considered the surgery. I wouldn't worry too much over it....just think of how proud your babies will be to have a Mommy that can really play with them.