Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone had full bypass surgery??

Yes, I have had it.

You'll find dozens of posts on revision to bypass on this site!

I was revised 2/12/19. I was released from the hospital the evening of the day, mostly because I pushed to be released. When I woke up after surgery I was nauseous and dry heaving, but after a couple of hours it passed and I was walking 3 hours later. I was not allowed any liquids or anything until around noon the next day after they did the barium swallow test to make sure there were no leaks. After that they had me slowly introduce Water, gradually adding a bit more each hour and by around 4 they brought me a tray with broth, iced tea and sf Jello. If I could keep a few bites down I was good to go.

I never had narcotic pain meds, just IV tylenol. I really didn’t have much pain but I did get a headache that wouldn’t go away. When I came home I was good, not exhausted like many. I’m not normally a napper and didn’t even nap when lounging around the days after surgery. By 2-3 days home I slept on my side and tummy, was getting in 40oz of Fluid and about 30-40 g of Protein in shakes. I have felt great. Surgery day weight was 230lbs, today I’m at 196.7. I’m getting about 600-700 calories a day in, 50-70g of protein and about 25 carbs. Because I’m a revision I am extra careful about what I’m eating and am on guard about making sure I’m not grazing. I’m determined not to fail this surgery!

Wow that is awesome news. Sounds like you are doing a great job.
Thanks for sharing your experience with me.
I realize that everyone's surgery and experience is different but knowing what others have been through really does help.
When I had the sleeve I had absolutely no problems at all and some people have a really hard time.
I have a very high tolerance for pain thankfully.
Please keep me posted on your journey and good luck.
I had a EGD WITH BRAVO test this past Tuesday and am hoping it is going to be enough for the insurances to get approval for the RNY revision surgery and that it won't take too long to be scheduled for the surgery.
Thanks again,
Allie

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

🙏My prayers also for YOU!❤

I believe you will be approved with those issues. Mine showed irritation, but not Barretts, I was approved in a few days, Blue Shield.

I’m still doing great, averaging 3lbs a week. Of course I’d love bigger losses, but I’m constant with 3lbs a week and happy with that.

I’m still very careful. That fear of failure is strong. I just felt so hopeful when I had my sleeve and so disappointed I never got to goal, not even close. I still had 25lbs to go, gained 20lbs, lost 19lbs and the gaining started again. Part of it was that my sleeve was made too large and I never had “easy” weight loss, my tool was broken. I had to fight for every pound lost just like before surgery, but I also reached a point where I gave up (just like all the diets I’d done prior to surgery), so I’ve learned from that. Now I have a tool that works and I’m making damn sure I use it correctly.