Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from U.K. here?

Hey :)
Wondering if there is anyone from the U.K. or Ireland here? I am from Northern Ireland and would be great to chat - thank you!

Hi, I am from Devon in England. I have just registered and am six weeks post surgery, a bypass. Would love to hear from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm from the UK, but live in the USA now. All my family are still in the UK... in fact snezanafoyer, they live in Devon too :)

I'm from the UK, but live in the USA now. All my family are still in the UK... in fact snezanafoyer, they live in Devon too [emoji4]

How lovely. Nice to speak to you.When did you have your surgery? Mine was five weeks ago so I am on the sixth week and was doing well but this week I have had three times when the food has got stuck. This evening was awful when it happened. I got really worried. Have you ever had that happen to you?

I had the Sleeve sept '17 and then the RNY beginning of Feb this year. Yes, I've had issues with food sticking - I think it's because I'm either not chewing enough or rushing eating... or both. So hard to change a habit of a lifetime!

What part of Devon are you - north or south? My family (mum, dad, sister, nieces, nephews, etc) are north.

I had the Sleeve sept '17 and then the RNY beginning of Feb this year. Yes, I've had issues with food sticking - I think it's because I'm either not chewing enough or rushing eating... or both. So hard to change a habit of a lifetime!
What part of Devon are you - north or south? My family (mum, dad, sister, nieces, nephews, etc) are north.

We are in the North West in Black Torrington between Hatherleigh and Holsworthy. Where is your family? I am beginning to think that I am doing the same as yourself. Habits die hard. Did the sleeve not help and are you happy with the RNY? I didn’t realise you could have one op and then the other. Really interesting.

My family are all in Barnstaple now, but my sister used to live in Little Torrington years ago :) I'm originally from London.

No, the sleeve was a disaster for me from the start. I was one of those rare creatures who get a leak... Had to stay in hospital for 3 months and had multiple surgeries to fix it. Then because of the surgeries my sleeve stretched out. I put on 25 pounds, which I've now lost (plus another 10) and bob's yer uncle, all is well.

How was it having surgery in the UK? Was it on the NHS?

Gosh. That must have been really tough. Hopefully, you will be fine now.

I was very fortunate to get the surgery on the NHS. It has been quite a journey but I think it has been worth it. I have already lost two stone but have now stalled. I am told this is normal.

Take care,

Snezana x

On 04/20/2019 at 00:15, snezanafloyer said:

Hi, I am from Devon in England. I have just registered and am six weeks post surgery, a bypass. Would love to hear from you.

Ah it is great to hear from you :-) how have you been getting on? I feel like I have a million questions to ask! So happy to find someone from U.K! I’m currently pre op but have had all my consultations except the phycologist one :-) I will message you x

Ah it is great to hear from you :-) how have you been getting on? I feel like I have a million questions to ask! So happy to find someone from U.K! I’m currently pre op but have had all my consultations except the phycologist one :-) I will message you x

Hi,
Great to hear from you. I have been doing well, though I have had one or two moments here and there! However, I am happy that I had the op and have already lost two stone. Pretty amazing really.

On 04/20/2019 at 11:43, Hunnymummy said:

I'm from the UK had my sleeve surgery 12th April xx

Sent from my POT-LX1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ah nice to meet you! How have you been getting on? I’m in the consultation stages of a MGP xx